The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball DeBeaver

The only time Syria is mentioned is when Seafoid blames Israel for them being bombed by Assad.
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

seafoid

Why was John Mitchell moaning about the famine in Kerry while the English were running famines in Bengal?

Because everyone deserves the same rights.  In the 1840s it was Irish people who were fucked over. Today it is Palestinians. 

The "No Blank Check Rally," sponsored by Jewish Voice for Peace, Arab-American Anti-Discrimination Committee and Washington Interfaith Alliance for Middle East Peace is a chance, as the promoters say, to

Tell President Obama:

Israel should not be above the law.

Condition US aid to Israel on compliance with US & international law.

No Blank Check for Israel

Rally & Candlelight Procession to the White House

Saturday January 19, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt8smlZ41nA

Obviously JVP are antisemites.

Ball DeBeaver

ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

seafoid

Democracy now on "5 broken cameras"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZnZnP5TgJU

Mike Sheehy stars in "one broken record"
Delivered under a  plain cover.

seafoid

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on January 10, 2013, 10:30:55 PM
The only time Syria is mentioned is when Seafoid blames Israel for them being bombed by Assad.
What are you doing about Syria, other than trying to use it to excuse Israel's sadism? 

Ball DeBeaver

I'm not the one crying on here about the "injustices" being done to the Palestinians refugees in Syria, you are.
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on January 10, 2013, 10:31:43 PM
Why was John Mitchell moaning about the famine in Kerry while the English were running famines in Bengal?

Because everyone deserves the same rights.  In the 1840s it was Irish people who were fucked over. Today it is Palestinians. 

The "No Blank Check Rally," sponsored by Jewish Voice for Peace, Arab-American Anti-Discrimination Committee and Washington Interfaith Alliance for Middle East Peace is a chance, as the promoters say, to

Tell President Obama:

As usual you have not answered the question. You just quote somebody else. this always gives you plausible denial.
Also, I have noticed that, when in a tight corner, you always resort to referencing the famine, referencing Northern Ireland..you even tried the Kerry angle above  ::)  whatever it takes.....always trying to manipulate and look for the emotive response to stir peoples hatred. Do you not think that people see through these tactics.....?

by the way I did notice the way you used Paidi O'Se's passing to have a go at me earlier. I let it pass as it was not the time or place but it speaks to my point about how you will use any means necessary.

muppet

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 10, 2013, 10:21:31 PM
Does anyone know why are there 49 pages on this thread yet practically nothing is said about Tibet, Chechnya, the discrimination against black Africans in North Africa, the PKK/Turkey conflict,the ongoing conflict in Syria,  the continuing persecution of media and undermining of democracy in Russia, the discrimination against native peoples in Burma..etc, etc...the list is endless.

Why ? what is it about this particular conflict, one of many, that exercises certain people to such a frenzy ?

Because this is the Israel Palestine thread, start threads on those if you like. I am recently interested in Africa and would enjoy such a thread and the parallels with the Burma, Irish and Ethiopian famines, as Seafoid mentioned, are dramatic.

But I would expect people to discuss Israel and Palestine on this thread.
MWWSI 2017

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: muppet on January 11, 2013, 12:54:57 AM
Does anyone know why are there 49 pages on this thread yet practically nothing is said about Tibet, Chechnya, the discrimination against black Africans in North Africa, the PKK/Turkey conflict,the ongoing conflict in Syria,  the continuing persecution of media and undermining of democracy in Russia, the discrimination against native peoples in Burma..etc, etc...the list is endless.

Why ? what is it about this particular conflict, one of many, that exercises certain people to such a frenzy ?

Because this is the Israel Palestine thread, start threads on those if you like. I am recently interested in Africa and would enjoy such a thread and the parallels with the Burma, Irish and Ethiopian famines, as Seafoid mentioned, are dramatic.

That is not an answer Muppet and you know it. You ask me why I dont start such a thread. The answer is simple. I dont presume to understand enough about about ancient conflicts to take a side.

To borrow a cheap tactic from Seafoid, surely you must understand that, given our history with the british media,  villifying one side in such a conflict is patently wrong.

I ask again, what is the unique characteristic about this particular conflict that leads to 49 pages of debate yet nothing on Tibet etc ?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 11, 2013, 02:22:49 AM

That is not an answer Muppet and you know it. You ask me why I dont start such a thread. The answer is simple. I dont presume to understand enough about about ancient conflicts to take a side.

To borrow a cheap tactic from Seafoid, surely you must understand that, given our history with the british media,  villifying one side in such a conflict is patently wrong.

I ask again, what is the unique characteristic about this particular conflict that leads to 49 pages of debate yet nothing on Tibet etc ?

Apologies, its not really a debate. Its a few people posting endless articles reflecting their skewed ideological viewpoint and never actually offering their own solution/opinion  (lest it be actually subject to any scrutiny).

tyssam5

I think a lot of Irish people are interested because there are some parallels to our own conflict. Also maybe because it's quite close to Europe (or maybe in Europe if you ask them), plays a big part in American politics and gets more media coverage than the other conflicts you mentioned

muppet

That is not an answer Muppet and you know it.
Yawn. You think this is an answer?

QuoteYou ask me why I dont start such a thread. The answer is simple. I dont presume to understand enough about about ancient conflicts to take a side.
These conflicts are not ancient and why would you have to take a side?

Apologies  its not really a debate. Its a few people posting endless articles reflecting their skewed ideological viewpoint and never actually offering their own solution/opinion  (lest it be actually subject to any scrutiny).

This is precisely what you have done.

In 49 pages you haven't seen one single valid point or opinion? On the previous post you are now demanding a discussion on Tibet but then hide behind 'I don't presume to know about ancient conflicts' when asked why you don't start a thread yourself. Burma, Ireland and most especially Ethiopia and the rest of Africa are not ancient conflicts.

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 10, 2013, 11:17:19 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 10, 2013, 10:31:43 PM

Tell President Obama:

As usual you have not answered the question. You just quote somebody else. this always gives you plausible denial.
Also, I have noticed that, when in a tight corner, you always resort to referencing the famine, referencing Northern Ireland..you even tried the Kerry angle above  ::)  whatever it takes.....always trying to manipulate and look for the emotive response to stir peoples hatred. Do you not think that people see through these tactics.....?

by the way I did notice the way you used Paidi O'Se's passing to have a go at me earlier. I let it pass as it was not the time or place but it speaks to my point about how you will use any means necessary.

I have never ever seen you advance an argument on theIP conflict other than to claim than anyone who criticises Israel is a Nazi.
So what is your view on how the conflict should  be resolved? Do you think the Palestinians deserve a state or is it all Jewish land? 
Do you think Jewish settlements in the West Bank are legal?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: tyssam5 on January 11, 2013, 04:51:13 AM

I think a lot of Irish people are interested because there are some parallels to our own conflict. Also maybe because it's quite close to Europe (or maybe in Europe if you ask them), plays a big part in American politics and gets more media coverage than the other conflicts you mentioned

That is a fair point (our own conflict) but it does not explain the massive imbalance ? Surely there are parallels to Irelands conflict in many of these other conflicts. As for its proximity its about the same as the Turkey/Kurdish conflict so that doesnt explain it either. As for the media coverage, yes there is definitely more coverage but there is plenty of coverage of other conflicts. For example there has been zero comment to the asassination the three Kurdish activists in France. Why is that ? I would have thought that the possible involvement of a government (Turkey) in the assination of individuals on foreign soil would definitely strike a chord.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 11, 2013, 01:48:18 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on January 11, 2013, 04:51:13 AM

That is a fair point (our own conflict) but it does not explain the massive imbalance ? Surely there are parallels to Irelands conflict in many of these other conflicts. As for its proximity its about the same as the Turkey/Kurdish conflict so that doesnt explain it either. As for the media coverage, yes there is definitely more coverage but there is plenty of coverage of other conflicts. For example there has been zero comment to the asassination the three Kurdish activists in France. Why is that ? I would have thought that the possible involvement of a government (Turkey) in the assination of individuals on foreign soil would definitely strike a chord.

Go ahead and start a discussion on the Kurds. What turkey does to them and the Alevis is a disgrace. But stick to the topic on this thread. Just because there is injustice elsewhere it doesn't mean that Israel is entitled to shaft the Palestinians.