The Minister, the Commissioner and the whistleblower

Started by Hardy, February 20, 2014, 03:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

With so many Fianna Fail governments in our recent past I'd almost forgotten what accountability looked like ... long may it continue.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 08, 2014, 10:59:32 AM
With so many Fianna Fail governments in our recent past I'd almost forgotten what accountability looked like ... long may it continue.

This shouldn't be construed as a defense of FF but this process has hardly be a resounding example of accountability. Shatter should have been gone a long time ago if there was any accountability for any of several matters. The fact that he remained so long in his job, and did so even after being found to have broken the law, shows FF and FG are the two sides of the same shitty stick.

Shamrock Shore

LOL

Enda won't let the woman in charge of the army.

All of a Sludden

Frances Fitzgerald has been appointed as the new Justice Minister after the shock resignation of Alan Shatter over the handling of Garda corruption allegations.
The former social worker and mother-of-three has been elevated from her role as Children's Minister in a mini-reshuffle of the cabinet sparked by yesterday's high-profile departure.
Taoiseach Enda Kenny praised Ms Fitzgerald for her reform children's rights during her tenure in her previous position.

"I know she will bring the same energy, commitment and reforming zeal to her new role as Minister for Justice and Equality," he said.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Rossfan

Quote from: foxcommander on May 07, 2014, 10:39:10 PM
speaking of MEP's - i'm not forgetting that weasel Sean Kelly, the former GAA head. That man should never have graced croke park. Purely a career man, not a GAA man.
Sean Kelly was elected Uachtarán CLG. He is also entitled ,like all the other leading GAA Officials to have a career outside the GAA.
Croke Park isn't some kind of playground for extremists - it belongs to ALL the GAA - FFrs,FGrs,Labs,SFrs,people with no political leanings etc etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Yes, but I always felt that Kelly used his time in Croke park to advance his political ambitions.

Billys Boots

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 08, 2014, 11:20:02 AM

This shouldn't be construed as a defense of FF but this process has hardly be a resounding example of accountability. Shatter should have been gone a long time ago if there was any accountability for any of several matters. The fact that he remained so long in his job, and did so even after being found to have broken the law, shows FF and FG are the two sides of the same shitty stick.

I disagree Seanie, resignations didn't happen with FF - they brazened it out regardless.  This was shite alright, but still a vast improvement, which shows how inured we've become to gombeenism. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rossfan

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 08, 2014, 01:13:03 PM
Yes, but I always felt that Kelly used his time in Croke park to advance his political ambitions.

He's hardly the first politician to advance due to a GAA connection  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

What I didn't like about Kelly was the way he portrayed himself as the modern gaa man dragging all the muck savages into the future.

johnneycool

Quote from: Itchy on May 07, 2014, 06:22:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 07, 2014, 06:05:14 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 07, 2014, 05:55:59 PM
Muppet , did Wallace not just have a cop point at him through his window at traffic lights? I don't think he actually stopped.
Glad to see that arrogant git resign, even his supposed apologies and resignation letter stink of arrogance.

Dunno, but driving while on the phone is still breaking the law. So is not paying €1.4m in vat.

Minister for justice leaking Info on TV that he shouldn't or let's say at best not taking allegations of Garda corruption serious is a bit worse than Wallace. The on the phone thing is nothing. The tax evasion he was caught and made arrangements with revenue.

you'd gotta wonder whats in this report when after all he'd managed to brazen out finally forced his hand in resignation. Is this report to be published tomorrow?
His indignation at not being interviewed by Sean Guerin when his own investigation into Garda whistle blowers didn't even interview them and proceeded to say they didn't cooperate..

He comes across as an odious bollox.

foxcommander

Quote from: All of a Sludden on May 08, 2014, 11:39:16 AM
Frances Fitzgerald has been appointed as the new Justice Minister after the shock resignation of Alan Shatter over the handling of Garda corruption allegations.
The former social worker and mother-of-three has been elevated from her role as Children's Minister in a mini-reshuffle of the cabinet sparked by yesterday's high-profile departure.
Taoiseach Enda Kenny praised Ms Fitzgerald for her reform children's rights during her tenure in her previous position.

"I know she will bring the same energy, commitment and reforming zeal to her new role as Minister for Justice and Equality," he said.

I said that yesterday half-joking - i didn't think they'd actually do it on my recommendation!!
That woman is braindead. She must be doing kenny on the side or something and blackmailed him for these jobs...

can't be any other reason...

Can the public now see that FG are a shambles?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

magpie seanie

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 08, 2014, 01:15:57 PM

I disagree Seanie, resignations didn't happen with FF - they brazened it out regardless.  This was shite alright, but still a vast improvement, which shows how inured we've become to gombeenism.

I disagree that it was a "vast improvement" as you put it. It was a disgrace he wasn't gone a long time ago. No-one deserves any credit for him going now. The sooner FF/FG/Labour are off the stage the better. People just have to stop voting for them.

foxcommander

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 08, 2014, 01:13:03 PM

Completely agree.

This is from his election page bio
"One of the watershed events during his presidency was the successful conclusion of arrangements for the use of Croke Park, the GAA's 82,500 capacity national stadium, by the Irish Rugby Football Union and the Football Association of Ireland while Lansdowne Road was being re-developed.  "

I always felt he had one eye on the future when he allowed it to happen...
Not a true GAA man at all.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 08, 2014, 02:28:03 PM

I disagree that it was a "vast improvement" as you put it. It was a disgrace he wasn't gone a long time ago. No-one deserves any credit for him going now. The sooner FF/FG/Labour are off the stage the better. People just have to stop voting for them.

And vote for whom?

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 08, 2014, 02:34:29 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 08, 2014, 02:28:03 PM

And vote for whom?

Any other cadidates running independently or for parties who haven't destroyed the State by abandoning authority to Europe and creating a "who you know" system for everything in this blasted place.

The place is in chaos. Why keep repeating the does of what has got us here? That's the height of stupidity.