Removal of Gaza flag in Croke Park!

Started by Aoise, August 04, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aoise

I have never started a thread before so apologies if it doesn't work out but this could not be ignored...

http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/threads/gaza-garvaghy-armagh-croke-park.3655/

Lets fill it with them on Saturday, for two reasons...1 - In solidarity with the people being slaughtered in Gaza (obviously) 2 - To show that cretin Rupert Murdoch that he doesn't control the Irish people, especially in Croke Park. 

babarino

Quote from: Aoise on August 04, 2014, 09:29:49 PM
I have never started a thread before so apologies if it doesn't work out but this could not be ignored...

Lets fill it with them on Saturday, for two reasons...1 - In solidarity with the people being slaughtered in Gaza (obviously) 2 - To show that cretin Rupert Murdoch that he doesn't control the Irish people, especially in Croke Park.

Good one Aoise. I'll bring along a flag. They're hard to get but I should be able to sort one out for next Saturday.

What reason did the green jacketed officials give for looking for the removal of the flag?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: babarino on August 04, 2014, 09:50:13 PM
Quote from: Aoise on August 04, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Good one Aoise. I'll bring along a flag. They're hard to get but I should be able to sort one out for next Saturday.

What reason did the green jacketed officials give for looking for the removal of the flag?
The paymasters at Sky aren't going to like it. He who pays the piper...

Pangurban

A very worthy cause, common humanity should inspire everyone to show their support. Fly the Palestinian flag  along with your county colours and to hell with Murdock and Sky. He may have purchased the rights to televise our games, but he has not bought our conscience

Aoise

The reason they gave unbelievably was that it "would offend sky viewers" WTF!!!!!  I have never been more ashamed to be Irish.  Please everybody post this link to as many forums and boards as you possibly can, especially those counties that will be in Croke Park on Saturday.  Also if anyone knows, could you post a link to where we can get our hands on one?  I have a vision of 4 of those big giant flags of Gaza, 1 for the Hill, 1 for the Cusack, 1 for the Davin and 1 for the Hogan.  Where would they be able to put their camera angles then??? ;-)

Aoise

Even better, 4 giant Gaza flags with the county crests in the centre of each!  They would shite themselves.

babarino

The Felons club, Belfast has one I'm told. They had it at a vigil in Newry - it looks great.

Aoise

Thanks Babarino.  Anyone have any idea where we can buy Gaza flags?

macdanger2

There's surely a couple of hawkers keeping an eye on this and will have the Gaza hats, flags and headbands for sale at the games.

Jell 0 Biafra

Was "Sky" actually the reason for the flag being removed, or are people just surmising that this was the reason?

Syferus

You Armagh lads seem to have gone fairly delirious when ye got a sniff of Jones' Road again.

Watch the football. Go home. Repeat if you're lucky. That's how the rest of us do it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Aoise on August 04, 2014, 10:19:37 PM
The reason they gave unbelievably was that it "would offend sky viewers" WTF!!!!!  I have never been more ashamed to be Irish.  Please everybody post this link to as many forums and boards as you possibly can, especially those counties that will be in Croke Park on Saturday.  Also if anyone knows, could you post a link to where we can get our hands on one?  I have a vision of 4 of those big giant flags of Gaza, 1 for the Hill, 1 for the Cusack, 1 for the Davin and 1 for the Hogan.  Where would they be able to put their camera angles then??? ;-)

I seriously doubt that. And for the record, at the hurling in Thurles last week there were several Palestinian flags flying on both terraces.