Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Am waiting for part 2 when she explains why the children are with him. Is she originally from Donegal, as I am wondering if I am confusing who RG married. There literally haven't been fball talked in 20+ pages

imtommygunn

Quote from: JoG2 on May 11, 2023, 08:40:35 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 11, 2023, 08:22:48 PM
It can't happen. I could see there being protests and tbh I think there are real safety and security concerns here too more so for him. The GAA , and Derry, have a huge or problem here innocent or guilty wrt pr. This has to be dealt with before Sunday and it has taken long enough.

I can't really see a way for RG to be on the sideline on Sunday either. I won't discuss the details of the allegations as I don't know if they're true, false, partially true.... . The wains in the middle of this current shitstorm, and judging by the statements, historical trauma, God love them, brutal

On the game itself, whether it's the allegations, the shortage of tickets, Ulster Council giving the drunken louts the red carpet onto the Hill at the expense of the families with kids, prob a combination of the lot, mad to say it but atm I've no real appetite for the Ulster Final

I was looking forward to this game but tbh have no interest now. If something is not done I it could get very toxic.

Wildweasel74

As above, there's awful lot of posting hinting at guilt from lack of evidence to prosecute, meaning he not necessarily not Guilty. From now on the Court of Facebook public opinion will determine someone guilt, not a court of law, Tuh, Tuh, Not a wonder Trump walked in on America a few years back.

full moon

The Carlows School teachers case, many of the main instigators of that not only refused to apologise when the lies were exposed, some are probably back on twitter doing the same here.

Chimley

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 11, 2023, 09:49:22 PM
Am waiting for part 2 when she explains why the children are with him. Is she originally from Donegal, as I am wondering if I am confusing who RG married. There literally haven't been fball talked in 20+ pages

Apparently she was on about doing her A-levels in a post on social media that the wife read out to me earlier. My wife wouldn't know Rory Gallagher unless he had long hair and a guitar but she seemed to know a lot about this issue earlier and alerted me to the controversy. That folks is how this is going to escalate and no matter the facts, this is not going away quietly.

uimhr ocht

Not related lad find it strange you would say that,This topic is Armagh v Derry Ulster Final 14 May 2024 4pm,discussion should be about tactics, analysis,game plans,match ups,score predictions all that crack but Antrim Tyrone Armagh men are more interested in law Prosecutions,police investigations,social media hysteria,not the game itself.

Itchy

Why does she have to explain that. Pretty disgusting thing to say lad.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: uimhr ocht on May 11, 2023, 09:57:36 PM
Not related lad find it strange you would say that,This topic is Armagh v Derry Ulster Final 14 May 2024 4pm,discussion should be about tactics, analysis,game plans,match ups,score predictions all that crack but Antrim Tyrone Armagh men are more interested in law Prosecutions,police investigations,social media hysteria,not the game itself.

Has it been postponed a year
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Will there be mobilisation of the ibelieveher crowd for clones? Or will they wait till he goes to work?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Its quite clear to me now that there is smoke with this fire.

1- PSNI sent a file to the DPP or whatever its called up there. That's not done unless they have evidence and believe they can get a prosecution. The DPP though obviously thought there wasn't sufficient evidence to get a prosecution

2- The above explains why in Gallaghers statement he does not deny the accusations she made.

This is no random unfounded nonsense like we see on Facebook all the time. There is substance to this.

How Derry GAA can let this guy on the line on Sunday is beyond me. This is bigger than a football match

trueblue1234

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 09:48:38 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 11, 2023, 09:35:53 PM
Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 09:30:13 PM
Scary to think a woman need only make a Facebook post now and the man is deemed guilty by all and sundry and public enemy number 1.Who needs a legal system or evidence. Mob justice social media style.

What if hes actually innocent and all the bile and hatred against him the past day is unjustified. Nobody remember the Carlow school teachers furore that turned out to be bullshit and journalists got caught big time in that.

F**king stop this sh!te. Nobody is saying he's definitely guilty. This has been pointed out to you multiple times but you're either too thick to understand or want to build a straw man argument to try and shut down any discussion.

For someone who claims he doesn't think he's definitely guilty, you're getting very aggressive about it and have wanted him hung drawn and quartered throughout this thread.

All I'm saying is, there is a legal system, he is entitled to presumption of innocence, a fair trial. None of this is revolutionary stuff.The baying mob doesn't accept the legal system or anything that disagrees with them.

Show me where I asked for him to be hung drawn and quartered? I said he should have stood aside. Still think that. Another straw man argument. I'm beginning to think you're just a wum account.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trueblue1234

Quote from: Chimley on May 11, 2023, 09:56:49 PM

Apparently she was on about doing her A-levels in a post on social media that the wife read out to me earlier. My wife wouldn't know Rory Gallagher unless he had long hair and a guitar but she seemed to know a lot about this issue earlier and alerted me to the controversy. That folks is how this is going to escalate and no matter the facts, this is not going away quietly.
She went to Mount Lourdes in Enniskillen and think she was from Enniskillen or there abouts.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

balladmaker

Guilty in the eyes of the law is one thing, and he obviously is an innocent man in that regard.  Guilty in the court of moral judgement is something completely different.  Irrespective if the accuser has drink issues, irrespective the fact that he has custody of the kids, if he lifted his hand to her once, never mind allegedly drag her up the main street in Enniscrone, allegedly bite her in the face, allegedly beat her up in Clones ... even if he only lifted his hand to her once, he should not have the moral standing to manage any team, never mind a county team.  Will be shocked if he's in Clones on Sunday.

Now for the game, no idea what impact all of this is having in the Derry camp, but it can't be having a positive impact in any shape or form, no siege mentality to be gained from this one.  It is definitely overshadowing the game, the past 30 odd pages of this thread has been pretty much consumed by it.  4pm throw in on Sunday can't come soon enough.  Still a 50/50 game, but if Armagh show up and play to their potential I only see one winner .. 'if'.

Wildweasel74

When's the last game Armagh played to their potential, they been poor all league, beat few teams at the bottom end of Division 1.I still think alot of Armagh confidence based on the way they played against Galway last year. I actually think Armagh went bck since that. Derry will force the kickout which Rafferty not good at, and I Think Derry way stronger in Midfield. Unless Armagh score couple of goals of high balls I got Derry by 5.

tbrick18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 11, 2023, 10:56:18 PM
When's the last game Armagh played to their potential, they been poor all league, beat few teams at the bottom end of Division 1.I still think alot of Armagh confidence based on the way they played against Galway last year. I actually Armagh went bck since that. Derry will force the kickout which Rafferty not good at, and I Think Derry way stronger in Midfield. Unless Armagh score couple of goals of high balls I got Derry by 5.

I'd agree.
In normal circumstances I'd say derry by 5.
No idea how the team will react to this week, I hope they can rise above it all and perform as they should, but this is unprecedented.