Tipperary v Mayo, Round 2 Qualifier, Semple Stafium. 23/6/18.

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 11, 2018, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

You'd rarely ever see a goal change a game so much. Mayo looked exhausted before it and Tipp look out on their feet ever since.

Blowitupref

FT Tipp 1-11 Mayo 1-19. Very harsh scoreline on Tipp in a game of what might have been for Tipp while Mayo live to fight another day.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 23, 2018, 06:30:59 PM
You'd rarely ever see a goal change a game so much. Mayo looked exhausted before it and Tipp look out on their feet ever since.

I can't ever recall a goal change a game so much. Tipp totally collapsed after it when at that stage they really should have led by about 6 points.

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 23, 2018, 06:41:15 PM
FT Tipp 1-11 Mayo 1-19. Very harsh scoreline on Tipp in a game of what might have been for Tipp while Mayo live to fight another day.

I think the scoreline accurately reflects the level of Tipp's collapse. Extreme lack of character shown by Tipp. Not the first time a team has ran them to pieces in the final quarter this year either.

Chimley

There's been many a time I've prepared the obituary for this team and at half time they looked in real trouble again. I think everyone can agree that Mayo give great value for the neutral fans. Most of the best games in the past 8 years have featured us.

In the days of blanket defence we still plug away with naive man on man defending.

highorlow

Anyone calling that a fluke goal knows nothing about the game. He looked up saw goalie off his line and purposely chipped him. Absolutely meant it.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Quote from: Chimley on June 23, 2018, 06:46:53 PM
There's been many a time I've prepared the obituary for this team and at half time they looked in real trouble again. I think everyone can agree that Mayo give great value for the neutral fans. Most of the best games in the past 8 years have featured us.

In the days of blanket defence we still plug away with naive man on man defending.

Ye play with a sweeper just like every other team in Ireland..

Jayop

Quote from: highorlow on June 23, 2018, 06:47:39 PM
Anyone calling that a fluke goal knows nothing about the game. He looked up saw goalie off his line and purposely chipped him. Absolutely meant it.

Lol he should be playing in the world cup if he meant that. Absolutely a fluke.

Blowitupref

Quote from: highorlow on June 23, 2018, 06:47:39 PM
Tongue firmly in cheek there ;D
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Chimley

Quote from: Syferus on June 23, 2018, 06:47:53 PM

Answer me this then. Why do so many of our games end up as thrillers. We are obviously the second best team in the country but we still bring every game down to the wire.

cornetto

All winners from round 2 out again next week.
Whew!! I hope the draw throws up a few crackers.
No possibility of Monahan v Tyrone in round three.

joemamas

What an incredible bunch of dedicated footballers, I was almost brought to tears in the second half as when we went three down I thought our goose was cooked.
They don't owe anybody anything, this group have given us so many occasions to be proud Mayo people, today just another one.

Do they have to improve yes, that is for another day.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Chimley on June 23, 2018, 07:00:44 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 23, 2018, 06:47:53 PM

Answer me this then. Why do so many of our games end up as thrillers. We are obviously the second best team in the country but we still bring every game down to the wire.

Because the sweeper isn't very good
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!