'The dreaded cruciate'

Started by Donnellys Hollow, April 13, 2011, 01:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: tiempo on June 26, 2018, 03:07:09 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2018, 02:39:36 PM
Wonderful footballer, amazing that he's still only 24. Hopefully a quick recovery.

I did notice he seems to be carrying a lot of extra junk in the trunk lately, he looks more like a powerlifer than an inside forward. That added mass is always going to put more pressure on ligaments that remain the same size, who knows if it actually contributed to the injury, though.

Some man. Definite polymath.

???

Captain Obvious

Quote from: screenexile on June 26, 2018, 12:34:20 PM
McBrearty this time . . . so disappointing it would have been great to see him in the Super 8's hopefully he has a good recovery an absolute class player!

Yes very disappointing. A joy to watch one of the few players that has the ability to light up the All Ireland series. Best of luck to him in his recovery.

BennyHarp

In my view, the most effective forward in Ireland at the minute. I love his shoot on site style. Such a shame about this injury, was really looking forward to seeing him in the super 8. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
That was never a square ball!!

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 26, 2018, 03:37:32 PM
In my view, the most effective forward in Ireland at the minute. I love his shoot on site style. Such a shame about this injury, was really looking forward to seeing him in the super 8. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Reminds me of Stephen O'Neill in his play. Meets the ball at speed and an excellent turn and shot.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

rosnarun

terrible news , he really is the type of player that could turn also rans into contenders and there few of them about.  this was going to be his year
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

spuds

Building from the front.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

laceer

Terrible news. Some player - the rest of the Championship will be poorer without him.

rrhf

Awful for the lad. Some player and great style of footballer for kids to watch. Big loss.

Hardy

Quote from: spuds on June 26, 2018, 04:48:17 PM
Building from the front.

Yes - not a fan of off site shooting.