GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on October 21, 2009, 02:46:14 PM
We played them in the league this year and they had all home grown players playing that night

Not sayin y're wrong umgola as i get most of london info second hand these days but i trained with them a few times last year and there was a fair old geographical spread then.
Don't Panic

Brendans abu

We play Peters in the Wolfe Tone final at Hough End tomorrow at 4pm

Brendans abu

We beat Peters by 0-11 to 0-10 at Hough End on Saturday in the Wolfe Tone final.

Close game yet again with Peter's, we were 0-6 to 0-1 at half time, Peter's came back to be a point behind with about 10 to go before we got 3 points in as many minutes before Peter's got 3 points in injury time.

Peter's have probably deserved to win something this season having been in 3 finals but its been a fantastic year for Brendan's, thats 2 trophies for the season having not won a senior trophy since 1999.

Brendans abu

Quote from: lob her in lad on July 27, 2009, 09:51:43 AM
Lawrences v Oisin.

I have to say that the Lancashire county board is turning into something of a joke, 30 plus men waiting to play an important championship game down Turnmoss yesterday and all the preparation ruined by no referee turning up. How are they supposed to promote the games over here if no games actually go ahead. The game will be changed to either the 8th or 13th of August apparently.

Brendans v Mitchels

Far too soon for Brendans to come into the senior championship. It looks as if they need to get their shop in order before they can even think about entering next year. Why they would cancel the last championship game against Mitchels is beyond me. Fair enough they had no chance really of making the finals but all teams should fulfil all fixtures. I think it's a case of St. Pats replacing Brendans in the senior next year.
Peters v Annes

Caught the last ten minutes of this game and bar one or two weak performances in defence for peters they looked a lot stronger and sharp than Annes. Annes are another team that are wasted in the Senior ranks. This is from talking to some of the key members of the club and not something I am saying to just cause some controversy. 5 at training must be very hard for a club trying to push for a championship semi final spot.

So that leaves two possible semi final scenarios dependant on the Oisins v Lawrences game, If Oisins beat Lawrences by 11 points or more then it will be an Oisins v Peters semi and any other result after that and it will be Mitchels v Oisins. Either way should be two good semi final matches. 

;D ;D

St Pats replace us  ;D

First season back senior, not bad at all.

Had a bad month where we had a massive injury crisis which coincided with the Senior Championship.

StoneCowboy

What were the Three Finals??
Penine Div 1 was         Oisins V Mitchels,
League Final was          Oisins V Mitchels
Championship Final was Peters V Mitchels
Junior Championship Final is to be Oisins V Mitchels....

Maybe im missing somethin.. .Penine 2??

Brendans abu

Quote from: StoneCowboy on October 28, 2009, 10:28:03 AM
What were the Three Finals??
Penine Div 1 was         Oisins V Mitchels,
League Final was          Oisins V Mitchels
Championship Final was Peters V Mitchels
Junior Championship Final is to be Oisins V Mitchels....

Maybe im missing somethin.. .Penine 2??

Peter's were also in the Pennine League Div 2 Final and the Wolfe tone Final, see above

maddog

Well done to John Mitchells hurlers Birmingham on retaining the All Britain hurling title with a one point win over Granuaille of London at a wind swept Ruislip. This earns mitchells a crack at the Leinster junior club champions in the All-Ireland 1/4 final. 3 in a row is a great achievement.

the colonel

anyone for ruislip on sunday?
the difference between success and failure is energy

john mcgill

Do the Mitchells still have the social club in Sparkhill?  I used to use it 30 years ago.

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: john mcgill on November 08, 2009, 08:17:33 PM
Do the Mitchells still have the social club in Sparkhill?  I used to use it 30 years ago.
No thats gone about 12 years ago. There is no Irish in Sparkhill now even the Antelope is a curry house.

inisceithleann

So, it's the All-Britain final at the weeknd, John Mitchels V Dunedin Connollys. How strong are the Scottish lads this season? Do they stand much chance of stopping Mitchel's in their quest to land another title?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

BennyHarp

Quote from: inisceithleann on November 11, 2009, 07:21:19 PM
So, it's the All-Britain final at the weeknd, John Mitchels V Dunedin Connollys. How strong are the Scottish lads this season? Do they stand much chance of stopping Mitchel's in their quest to land another title?

Mitchells will be very hard to beat although having played against scottish county teams over the years they are always very difficult to put away, especially if the weather at Beeston gets as wet and windy as it can do up there! Hope its a good game and thankfully i'll get a chance to see it!! Mitchells by 6-7 points.
That was never a square ball!!

southdown

I'll say Mitchels by 8.  St Kiernans were suppoosedly going to give Mitchels their strongest challenge in Brtitain and they were beaten well.

the colonel

Alot of guys way of the mark

Connollys 1-8 Mitchells 2-4
the difference between success and failure is energy

BennyHarp

Quote from: the colonel on November 15, 2009, 04:25:15 PM
Alot of guys way of the mark

Connollys 1-8 Mitchells 2-4

Yeah, seems like we really know nothing! Congratulations to Connelly's, fully deserved to win!
That was never a square ball!!