Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 779346 times)

Club boi

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #5820 on: January 11, 2018, 09:02:22 AM »
Out of curiosity, whats peoples opinions on the 3 Pomeroy lads starting and playing last night, about 7 hours after the burial of their friend and team mate?? Is it poor judgement on M.H expecting them to play or is it courageous on their behalf, just like O'D from Omagh??

Not judging, just a question??

bigpackiechestout

• View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: January 11, 2018, 09:12:32 AM »
Out of curiosity, whats peoples opinions on the 3 Pomeroy lads starting and playing last night, about 7 hours after the burial of their friend and team mate?? Is it poor judgement on M.H expecting them to play or is it courageous on their behalf, just like O'D from Omagh??

Not judging, just a question??

How would anyone on here be in a position to comment on that? Of all people I'm sure Mickey Harte would have taken the circumstances into account and discussed with each player what was right for them
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:14:49 AM by bigpackiechestout »

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: January 11, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »
I don't think it is appropriate to speculate on how individuals deal with grief...

redhandefender

• View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: January 11, 2018, 12:04:13 PM »
Awfully inappropriate trying to use it as a stick to beat Harte with, the caveat does not absolve the stupidity of your comment

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: January 11, 2018, 12:26:37 PM »
Agree with all comments mentioned. I’m sure MH discussed selection with the lads.  Wouldn’t pass judgment on him for doing so. Everyone deals with grief in different ways. Credit to the lads that were able to play last night shows a mental toughness. Represented their club very well.
Living the dream!!!

bigpackiechestout

• View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: January 11, 2018, 01:35:17 PM »
Anybody at the game or able to comment on who played well? Good to see Ronan O'Neill doing a bit of scoring, is he in good shape for the time of year?

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: January 11, 2018, 01:48:51 PM »
Agree with all comments mentioned. I’m sure MH discussed selection with the lads.  Wouldn’t pass judgment on him for doing so. Everyone deals with grief in different ways. Credit to the lads that were able to play last night shows a mental toughness. Represented their club very well.
Well put

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: January 11, 2018, 03:10:59 PM »

Agree with all of this - shouldn't speculate on this as everyone is different - these lads probably considered that playing a game for the county may have been a better way to celebrate a friend and team mate than to go drinking in Pomeroy or sit in a dark room. I'm sure Harte talked with them before hand on how they felt.

Club boi

• View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: January 12, 2018, 01:26:22 PM »
Wasnt a dig at anyone, apologies if it offended anyone. It was just a topic of conversation I was involved in earlier that day and thought I would ask the good people of this board for their opinions

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: January 12, 2018, 03:10:40 PM »
Just wondering what's people's views on Morgan now that he's a bit older and wiser.
I have never saw him play for the club but have been told he's a top out field player

To me he's a great shot stopper and seems to deal with the high ball reasonably well for not such a big guy.

I'm just wondering about him continuing to hit the far out frees. Do people feel he's got better at this or much the same. I'm not having a go at him and dont want lads to get all defensive and say stop talking about him just let him get on with it but in my eyes he continually misses more than he scores. I know he doesn't always get the easy ones to boost his confidence but I just wonder EVERY year would we not be better to take it short and try to work a score rather than just kicking away possession each time.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: January 12, 2018, 03:23:56 PM »
Just wondering what's people's views on Morgan now that he's a bit older and wiser.
I have never saw him play for the club but have been told he's a top out field player

To me he's a great shot stopper and seems to deal with the high ball reasonably well for not such a big guy.

I'm just wondering about him continuing to hit the far out frees. Do people feel he's got better at this or much the same. I'm not having a go at him and dont want lads to get all defensive and say stop talking about him just let him get on with it but in my eyes he continually misses more than he scores. I know he doesn't always get the easy ones to boost his confidence but I just wonder EVERY year would we not be better to take it short and try to work a score rather than just kicking away possession each time.

I think he's as good a keeper as in the country. I think he's been removed as our main free taker, he might take the odd one from distance but Peter Harte seems to be hitting 45s these days and possibly McAliskey might have a go when he's back.

Fuzzman

• Aughabrack (Tyrone Not Cork)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: January 12, 2018, 03:57:33 PM »
Lets count how many different players hit frees in every league game this year.

I'm expecting
1 Morgan
2 Harte
3 Skeet
4 Lee Brennan
5 McCurry

Doesn't McGeary hit the odd one too? Anyone else?

Tyroneforsam

• View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: January 12, 2018, 04:08:56 PM »
Lets count how many different players hit frees in every league game this year.

I'm expecting
1 Morgan
2 Harte
3 Skeet
4 Lee Brennan
5 McCurry

Doesn't McGeary hit the odd one too? Anyone else?

McGeary hits the left sided frees for us and did for St.Marys last year.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: January 13, 2018, 08:25:12 AM »
1. Mickey O’Neill Cluain Eo

2. Aidan McCrory Aireagal Chiaráin

3. Cathal McCarron An Droim Mhór

4. Michael Cassidy Ard Bó

5. Ciaran McLaughlin An Ómaigh

6. Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac

7. Kieran McGeary Cabhán a’Chaortainn

8. Ben McDonnell Aireagal Chiaráin

9. Declan McClure Cluain Eo

10. Richard Donnelly Trí Leac

11. Niall Sludden An Droim Mhór

12. Conal McCann Coill an Chlochair

13. Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc

14. Ronan McHugh Achadh Uí Aráin

15. Connor McAliskey Cluain Eo

16. Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc

17. Lee Brennan Trí Leac

18. Brendan Burns Cabhán a’Chaortainn

19. Frank Burns Cabhán a’Chaortainn

20. Pádraig Hampsey Oileán a’Ghuail

21.Conor Meyler An Ómaigh

22. Hugh Pat McGeary. Cabhán a’Chaortainn

23. Michael McKernan Oileán a’Ghuail

24. Ronan McNabb .An Droim Mhór

25. Padraig McNulty Dún Geanainn

26. Ronan O’Neill An Ómaigh

I'm quite interested in the prospect of McHugh this year, he seems to have been scoring well in whatever minutes he has gotten in the McKenna Cup so far. Compared to our other inside forwards he also has a bit more height, looks like he's around the 6ft mark so he gives us something different. He didn't really get much of a look in last year so hopefully that changes now.

Meyler also returns from action with St Marys.

skeog

• View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: January 13, 2018, 10:42:19 AM »
Fermanagh very confident big crowd expected,Ricey factor,be good day out for the fans.