Cookstown Incident

Started by oakleaflad, March 18, 2019, 12:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

It's very rare for such a thing to happen in Ireland or the UK and every year thousands of gatherings of people happen with no problem. Something must have gone really wrong.
The investigation is crucial. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on March 21, 2019, 11:40:02 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 21, 2019, 11:34:31 AM

You've proven comprehensively on this thread that you don't deserve anything but disdain and ridicule through your attempts to place the blame for two separate disasters onto the innocent victims.

Bye now.

Victims?

The ticketless idiots who crowded the Leppings Lane End in Hillsborough weren't the ones who died in the disaster.

If anyone was pushing and shoving at the Cookstown venue, and we have yet to find out what exactly did happen, they weren't the ones who died in the ensuing crush.
Lies never, ever sleep.

brokencrossbar1

Holy fcuk lads,  would some of you wise to fcuk up...there are 3 dead darlings barely cold and you're having debates about blame and the like?  Honestly take a huge look at yourselves.  There is a pretty widespread Tyrone membership on here.  I am sure there are connections to people involved.  Temper things and let the dust settle.  There are no answers to this at this stage and some of you should get the fcuk off your high horses and have respect

David McKeown

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 21, 2019, 11:40:35 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 21, 2019, 10:50:10 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 21, 2019, 09:20:56 AM
There are conflicting reports if the owner was arrested for manslaughter or corporate manslaughter.

I'm not entirely sure, but if the former - this drugs fiasco has surely thrown out the possibility of a conviction being obtained, any defence worth it's salt will ensure that over this there'll be no fair trial.

As in there will be more sympathy for the owner and more suspicion of the authorities?

In general - assuming it went to trial of course - this is just me assuming. This drugs thing has created an almost disbelieving hysteria as opposed to what it should be, tragic regret on the loss of life - it would bring an element of unfair trial if it did get to that stage I would assume.

Highly unlikely it would have any impact if it was even admissible.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on March 21, 2019, 11:39:31 AM
But you said events. Now you're talking about train stations.
So virtually every other train station has no crowd control. That's what you are saying? I just want to be clear.

Oh no. I said events.  :'(

If it needs to be events to suit your pea-brain - then the crowds gathering outside turnstiles at football grounds every week across the world are largely uncontrolled.

i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: sid waddell on March 21, 2019, 11:36:05 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 21, 2019, 11:32:24 AM

What special kind of idiot are you?
You should try looking in the mirror while reading that post back to yourself.

I'm somewhat surprised you have the ability to read.
i usse an speelchekor

ziggysego

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 21, 2019, 11:48:49 AM
Holy fcuk lads,  would some of you wise to fcuk up...there are 3 dead darlings barely cold and you're having debates about blame and the like?  Honestly take a huge look at yourselves.  There is a pretty widespread Tyrone membership on here.  I am sure there are connections to people involved.  Temper things and let the dust settle.  There are no answers to this at this stage and some of you should get the fcuk off your high horses and have respect

+1

Well said BCB1
Testing Accessibility

sid waddell

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 21, 2019, 11:51:17 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 21, 2019, 11:36:05 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 21, 2019, 11:32:24 AM

What special kind of idiot are you?
You should try looking in the mirror while reading that post back to yourself.

I'm somewhat surprised you have the ability to read.

I'd say a lot of things surprise you.

J70

illdecide, don't be apologizing or suggesting the safety measures you're discussing are "PC".

PC me f**king arse.

Crowd control is not rocket science. If your in the business of accomodating and making money out of crowds of people, then you have a responsibility to put the measures in place to ensure their safety. End of story.

illdecide

Here, I deleted my post there as TBH as BCB said it's probably not appropriate at this time. Let the dust settle, i know myself (well have a good idea how this will end) this is a disaster for everyone involved. The poor families have lost the most important thing in the world to them and even the people who will end up responsible for this tragic act who did not set out to do this is also sad too, lets let the authorities do their investigations and hopefully the families involved will get their answers...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gallsman

We need the Stewart Lee's nan going on about health and safety vs. political correctness clip.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on March 21, 2019, 10:57:49 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 21, 2019, 10:55:52 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 20, 2019, 10:50:30 PM
Underage drinking has precisely nothing to do with what happened at the Greenvale Hotel.

It wouldn't have mattered whether the crowd had all been intoxicated Rangers hooligans over for a friendly match against an ex-LVF XI.

The same duty of care to put proper safety measures in place for whoever turns up at the door would apply.

Ach away of that.

Of course it had an effect.

Doesn't absolve the venue from their duty of care - but there is an extremely strong likelihood that if everyone in the queue were sober then the crush doesn't happen.

Evidence?
Common sense?

Square Ball

Quote from: ziggysego on March 21, 2019, 11:52:51 AM

+1

Well said BCB1

agree 100%.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Square Ball on March 21, 2019, 01:38:29 PM

+1

Well said BCB1

agree 100%.
Giving this a +1. If a lot of this dung keeps up the OP would be as well to lock the thread.

Gold

Quote from: Square Ball on March 21, 2019, 01:38:29 PM

+1

Well said BCB1

agree 100%.

True.

Horrific. Honestly believe the police didn't need to Go looking to blame someone prior to the funerals.

It's Not like a case where a robber might discard his ill gotten gains if not arrested immediately

It's made this tragedy into a pantomime
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."