Cookstown Incident

Started by oakleaflad, March 18, 2019, 12:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: HiMucker on March 20, 2019, 11:04:39 PM
Quote from: five points on March 20, 2019, 12:39:26 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 20, 2019, 12:30:44 PM

Is that the sum total of you evidence? One picture? Would you catch yourself on.

In general the lack of intelligence being displayed on this thread is worrying. Shows you what some people actually think in their heads. Scary. Some people really should seek immediate help from trained professionals.

Says the boy who cited a YouTube video as "proof" that there's no overcrowding on the Tube.  ::)
Why are you being deliberately idiotic? He never said that. The state of this. Just admit you are wrong. You said the London UG works because people are generally well mannered. That is absolute balls and he pulled you on it. It works because of the immense attention to detail regarding crowd control.

Get a grip. Its beyond obvious that the London Underground works because people are generally well mannered. Crowd control and monitoring are secondary and are only of limited use anyway on a sardine-packed platform. Anywhere there are large congregations of people, there is an inherent risk of disaster if people start acting the maggot.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on March 21, 2019, 10:57:49 AM
Evidence?

Apart from the thousands of events that take place world wide, have bigger crowds, no crowd control, yet pass off without incident?

i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: sid waddell on March 21, 2019, 11:02:33 AM
Sun Hillsborough-esque nonsense - attempting to shift blame and disingenuously muddy the waters to protect those responsible.

Erm no. Did I not say the venue has a duty of care?

But gormless idiots like yourself are all too quick to absolve folks of their own personal responsibility and instead foist it onto others.

Trip over a flagstone in the pavement sticking out a few mm? Its not about looking where you are going - its about suing the council.  ::)
i usse an speelchekor

trailer

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 21, 2019, 11:13:09 AM
Quote from: trailer on March 21, 2019, 10:57:49 AM
Evidence?

Apart from the thousands of events that take place world wide, have bigger crowds, no crowd control, yet pass off without incident?

Could you name some please?

sid waddell

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 21, 2019, 11:15:00 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 21, 2019, 11:02:33 AM
Sun Hillsborough-esque nonsense - attempting to shift blame and disingenuously muddy the waters to protect those responsible.

Erm no. Did I not say the venue has a duty of care?

But gormless idiots like yourself are all too quick to absolve folks of their own personal responsibility and instead foist it onto others.

Trip over a flagstone in the pavement sticking out a few mm? Its not about looking where you are going - its about suing the council.  ::)
I'm specifically advocating for personal responsibility to be upheld where it should be upheld - on the head of those who ran the venue.

You are specifically advocating shifting responsibility onto those who aren't responsible.

That's exactly what The Sun did in their coverage of Hillsborough.

The irony of you calling somebody else a "gormless idiot" in such an unironic fashion is entirely lost on you.

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on March 21, 2019, 11:22:09 AM

I'm specifically advocating for personal responsibility to be upheld where it should be upheld - on the head of those who ran the venue.

It's hardly beyond possibility that responsibility for this or any other tragedy lies with more than one source.

You are specifically advocating shifting responsibility onto those who aren't responsible.

The ticketless Liverpool fans who congregated at the gates of the Hillsborough terrace also contributed to that tragedy, although it's now almost illegal to suggest that.

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on March 21, 2019, 11:26:26 AM

It's hardly beyond possibility that responsibility for this or any other tragedy lies with more than one source.

The ticketless Liverpool fans who congregated at the gates of the Hillsborough terrace also contributed to that tragedy, although it's now almost illegal to suggest that.
While pub bore eejits like yourself are around, there will always be a market for lies, disinformation and propaganda.

A lie can travel around the world while the truth is still putting its shoes on, and all that.

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on March 21, 2019, 11:30:52 AM
While pub bore eejits like yourself are around, there will always be a market for lies, disinformation and propaganda.

Wow, what a compelling rebuttal.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on March 21, 2019, 11:17:23 AM

Like virtually every other f**king train station across the world?

What special kind of idiot are you?
i usse an speelchekor

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on March 21, 2019, 11:31:37 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 21, 2019, 11:30:52 AM

Wow, what a compelling rebuttal.
You've proven comprehensively on this thread that you don't deserve anything but disdain and ridicule through your attempts to place the blame for two separate disasters onto the innocent victims.

Bye now.

sid waddell

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 21, 2019, 11:32:24 AM

You should try looking in the mirror while reading that post back to yourself.

lurganblue

Is there a responsibility for a nightclub to have queuing system? barriers etc? If so there are a lot of premises flouting H&S risk assessments because I cant off hand think of any clubs that have them.

I have a hazy memory of something like that at the arena but I could easily be mistaken as that wasn't today or yesterday.

trailer

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 21, 2019, 11:32:24 AM
Quote from: trailer on March 21, 2019, 11:17:23 AM

Like virtually every other f**king train station across the world?

But you said events. Now you're talking about train stations.
So virtually every other train station has no crowd control. That's what you are saying? I just want to be clear.

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on March 21, 2019, 11:34:31 AM

You've proven comprehensively on this thread that you don't deserve anything but disdain and ridicule through your attempts to place the blame for two separate disasters onto the innocent victims.

Bye now.

Victims?

The ticketless idiots who crowded the Leppings Lane End in Hillsborough weren't the ones who died in the disaster.

If anyone was pushing and shoving at the Cookstown venue, and we have yet to find out what exactly did happen, they weren't the ones who died in the ensuing crush.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: J70 on March 21, 2019, 10:50:10 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 21, 2019, 09:20:56 AM
There are conflicting reports if the owner was arrested for manslaughter or corporate manslaughter.

I'm not entirely sure, but if the former - this drugs fiasco has surely thrown out the possibility of a conviction being obtained, any defence worth it's salt will ensure that over this there'll be no fair trial.

As in there will be more sympathy for the owner and more suspicion of the authorities?

In general - assuming it went to trial of course - this is just me assuming. This drugs thing has created an almost disbelieving hysteria as opposed to what it should be, tragic regret on the loss of life - it would bring an element of unfair trial if it did get to that stage I would assume.