2019 Football League

Started by Itchy, September 05, 2018, 11:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 05, 2018, 06:19:35 PM
Seems like the powers that be bottled it in terms of punishing counties who went on training camps.

What sanctions were supposedly in place?

twohands!!!

Quote from: tippabu on September 05, 2018, 06:45:58 PM
Seems like the powers that be bottled it in terms of punishing counties who went on training camps.

Counties were supposed to lose home advantage for the first game of the league - first league game was supposed to be played at a neutral venue.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tippabu on September 05, 2018, 06:17:01 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 05, 2018, 05:23:48 PM
Mixed set of fixtures for Armagh. Should win all 4 home games but could lose all 3 away games.

Its going to be a very tough division this year, I'd fancy ourselves to beat Meath, fermanagh, Armagh, cork, Clare...I know we won't win all these and conceivably we could lose them all. I'm sure all these counties will all feel they will beat each other. I still think Donegal are ahead of everyone and kildare just behind them.

Donegal yes because they are a Division 1 team stuck in Division Two for one year. Kildare i'm not convinced about lost all Division one and super 8 games this year and they should not be hyped into something there are not.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 05, 2018, 07:06:08 PM
Quote from: tippabu on September 05, 2018, 06:45:58 PM

Counties were supposed to lose home advantage for the first game of the league - first league game was supposed to be played at a neutral venue.

Only provisional fixtures yet and if those sanctions were voted in at congress they have to carry through with them.

tippabu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 05, 2018, 11:35:26 PM
Quote from: tippabu on September 05, 2018, 06:17:01 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 05, 2018, 05:23:48 PM
Mixed set of fixtures for Armagh. Should win all 4 home games but could lose all 3 away games.

Its going to be a very tough division this year, I'd fancy ourselves to beat Meath, fermanagh, Armagh, cork, Clare...I know we won't win all these and conceivably we could lose them all. I'm sure all these counties will all feel they will beat each other. I still think Donegal are ahead of everyone and kildare just behind them.

Donegal yes because they are a Division 1 team stuck in Division Two for one year. Kildare i'm not convinced about lost all Division one and super 8 games this year and they should not be hyped into something there are not.

they did but you look that their results throughout and they were competitive throughout and lost narrowly in alot of games. i do rate them and think playing top level teams last year will really stand to them. im not saying its a foregone conclusion they'll go up but based on everyone else in division 2 they certainly have the best performances and form coming in

Rossfan

GAA must be having cash flow problems  :D
Season ticket renewals for 2019 available from next Monday.
Pity there woul don't even a discount for early purchases.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Any word on the 2020 NFL fixtures? September 5th they came out last year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Haven't heard anything.
Waiting for Special Congress?

clarshack

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 11, 2019, 07:53:07 PM
Any word on the 2020 NFL fixtures? September 5th they came out last year.

Probably waiting for this inter county season to end first.

larryin89

How come Dublin's provisional league fixtures for next year are all over the place tonight but I can't see anything for any other county ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Rumours we are down for 4 away games.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on September 23, 2019, 09:39:23 PM
How come Dublin's provisional league fixtures for next year are all over the place tonight but I can't see anything for any other county ?

Maybe they're scrapping it for the rest of us!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on September 24, 2019, 12:16:38 AM
Rumours we are down for 4 away games.
No big shock there as Ros had 4 home games in 2019. The nr of home and away fixtures alternate each year.

Hound

Quote from: larryin89 on September 23, 2019, 09:39:23 PM
Dates and venues? Where?

Dire Ear