Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Boycey on November 26, 2019, 10:02:55 PM
Travelling squad for Thursday's match

Lee Grant, Matej Kovar, Max Taylor, Luke Shaw, Axel Tuanzebe, Dylan Levitt, Teden Mengi, DiShon Bernard, Largie Ramazani, Ethan Laird, Ethan Galbraith, Arnau Puigmal, D'Mani Bughail-Mellor, James Garner, Jesse Lingard, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes, Mason Greenwood.

I'm sure Lingard is chuffed ;D. Max Taylor was diagnosed with cancer this time last year ..

He won't care a leg. Since he signed that 100k a week contract he doesn't care. That's him set for life. Pretty much everything that's wrong with the modern footballer is in Jesse Lingard, which is a pity as when he was hungry he was a mountain of energy at the very least something not a million miles off Park Ji Sung. But he's lost it now.

magpie seanie

Lee Grant, Matej Kovar, Max Taylor, Luke Shaw, Axel Tuanzebe, Dylan Levitt, Teden Mengi, DiShon Bernard, Largie Ramazani, Ethan Laird, Ethan Galbraith, Arnau Puigmal, D'Mani Bughail-Mellor, James Garner, Jesse Lingard, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes, Mason Greenwood.

I'm sure Lingard is chuffed ;D. Max Taylor was diagnosed with cancer this time last year ..

He should be chuffed. He's getting to play for Manchester United. Some good players in that squad. Will be interesting to see how they do.

nrico2006

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 27, 2019, 09:23:21 AM

He won't care a leg. Since he signed that 100k a week contract he doesn't care. That's him set for life. Pretty much everything that's wrong with the modern footballer is in Jesse Lingard, which is a pity as when he was hungry he was a mountain of energy at the very least something not a million miles off Park Ji Sung. But he's lost it now.

Did he not sign that contract nearly 3 years ago?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GetOverTheBar

Was end of season in 2017 was it not. So last year crap....this year not much better, probably even worse. He's been ruined. There may have even been an extension in meantime.

NAG1

Problem is if you asked him where is his best position could he even tell you himself?

Completely out of sorts and looks like a waste of potential and talent unfortunately.

trailer

Quote from: NAG1 on November 27, 2019, 12:51:03 PM
Problem is if you asked him where is his best position could he even tell you himself?

Completely out of sorts and looks like a waste of potential and talent unfortunately.

The bench. For a different team. In a different league. In a different country.

screenexile

Manchester City investment from US breaks global sports valuation

The deal breaks a record in global sports valuations, making holding company City Football Group (CFG) worth £3.73bn ($4.8bn).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50570117

Jeepers Creepers

He could do no worse than Periera in midfield. In fact I think he would be better in breaking up oppositions play.

trailer

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 27, 2019, 02:05:31 PM

He could do no worse than Periera in midfield. In fact I think he would be better in breaking up oppositions play.

He's definitely good at breaking up Utd's play that's for sure. A gobshite.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 27, 2019, 12:45:04 PM
Was end of season in 2017 was it not. So last year crap....this year not much better, probably even worse. He's been ruined. There may have even been an extension in meantime.

His last decent form was December last season. He's been hopeless for all of 2019. Ole has played him in the number 10 role in an effort to get him more involved in games but it hasn't worked. He seems too focused on what's going on off the field than on it for example his clothing brand. Giving him a new contract/extension would be rewarding mediocrity.

magpie seanie

Wouldn't write him off completely but after some initial success his head got turned by off the field rubbish. And he has been awful for a long time now. He needs to get back to what made him good and it's usually hard work and a hungry attitude. sometimes hard to replicate that once the eye of the tiger has gone.

Maroon Manc

Lingard at best was a decent squad player but I'd sell him straight away if it was up to me but the likelihood is he's got until the end of the season to save his future. The reality is he lacks genuine quality, looking at what he offers I can't see what he's outstanding at which just isn't good enough to be a United player; I call him a confidence player but because he lacks genuine quality and when his confidence his low he looks such an average player. as he doesn't have the qualities to get through games.  Put him in a mid table side where he'll play every week and he'd look like a decent player.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 28, 2019, 10:09:45 AM
Lingard at best was a decent squad player but I'd sell him straight away if it was up to me but the likelihood is he's got until the end of the season to save his future. The reality is he lacks genuine quality, looking at what he offers I can't see what he's outstanding at which just isn't good enough to be a United player; I call him a confidence player but because he lacks genuine quality and when his confidence his low he looks such an average player. as he doesn't have the qualities to get through games.  Put him in a mid table side where he'll play every week and he'd look like a decent player.

Still goes for 40 mil in the modern game too. Crazy.

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 28, 2019, 10:45:19 AM

Away and boil yer head. Not a chance he's sold for 40 million

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on November 28, 2019, 10:58:09 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 28, 2019, 10:45:19 AM

Away and boil yer head. Not a chance he's sold for 40 million

English premium....We'll see, I don't think he's worth it either but didn't Villa want 30 mil for Grealish who at that time was unproven in PL and still had a bit of a reputation?