Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_mac

Sammy streaker Wilson said there would be no check points.

omaghjoe

This is the arrangement that would be in the case of a no deal. Fairly obivious there was no intent for a serious proposal in the first place.

What I want to know tho is who's Tony Connelly's source in Brussells he has alot of info right at the heart of the EU negotiation team. It's made him now anyway...hopefully he has good notes for his book because he should make a killing on it.... actually thinking about it....it'll probably have to be a trilogy

Walter Cronc

Lads what do they mean when they say a non paper. That these latest border check proposals are just ideas and nothing formal?

GJL

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 01, 2019, 08:06:57 AM
Lads what do they mean when they say a non paper. That these latest border check proposals are just ideas and nothing formal?

I would guess it means no paper checks at the border. A load on nonsense and a complete non-runner.

Walter Cronc

Boris on BBC this morning saying the overnight leaks are untrue. You wouldn't know what to believe!!

imtommygunn

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 01, 2019, 08:46:19 AM
Boris on BBC this morning saying the overnight leaks are untrue. You wouldn't know what to believe!!

Probably means they're 100% accurate  ;D

t_mac

Bojo is going take UK out with No Deal, the UK is fcuked and people like Jo Swinson is helping no one, there is more chance of me becoming PM, this is a woman who backed tuition fees in the coalition, now with some sense of self importance telling over 300 opposition MP's who should be leader in the case of a caretaker government. 

bennydorano

A non-paper is a floated idea up for discussion - no commitments.

When i read that supposed latest plan last night, I immediately thought that's been leaked on purpose by the UK, it's typical c**k/Nose negotiating tactics! (Float an idea so bad that makes the actual idea - Which is more than likely awful in it's own right - appear to be not so awful).

Rossfan

That's the likely idea alright.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mouview

Quote from: t_mac on October 01, 2019, 08:50:12 AM
Bojo is going take UK out with No Deal, the UK is fcuked and people like Jo Swinson is helping no one, there is more chance of me becoming PM, this is a woman who backed tuition fees in the coalition, now with some sense of self importance telling over 300 opposition MP's who should be leader in the case of a caretaker government.

But how? Legally he can't at the end of this month. If/when it goes to a GE, if he hasn't delivered Brexit he's going to lose a lot of the Tory vote to the Brexit party. This *may* allow a coalition of Labour/Lib Dems/SNP in to power. That *may* last long enough to revoke A50 or hold another referendum. Don't get the fatalism currently about 'No Deal', it's a longer game than that and still all to play for IMO.

t_mac

Watch his Andrew Marr interview, Andrew quoted a few scenarios and muted there are more loopholes, the remain alliance is a collection of those wanting power, so by the time they agree UK will be out.

Rossfan

I doubt if the SNP want to be part of a UK Government.
Most I'd see them doing is a Confidence/Supply thing in return for a special deal for Scotland and right to hold a further Independence Referendum at a time of the Scottish Government/Parliament's choosing.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mackers

Was at a seminar last week where a former MP was speaking.  Very interesting.  He said that the opposition parties are holding tight on agreeing to an election until No Deal is taken off the table. Extension of Article 50 will be required into 2020.  The Brexit vote will be split in a General Election after the 31st of October with the Brexit Party ripping into BoJo reminding the electorate about the "dead in the ditch" stuff and the lack of delivery on Brexit.  He reckoned that this will lead to a Labour/SNP alliance with Corbyn agreeing to another Scottish independence referendum in turn for them agreeing to allow two Labour Budgets to get through parliament.  He thought that this scenario will lead to another referendum on Brexit.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

t_mac

These are boys playing by the rules, Bojo's team aren't!