The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

u17 game called off last night by the Ref,with 5 mins to go.

he had spoken to a spectator earlier in the first half,but with 5 mins to go,pulled the game

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on June 27, 2018, 03:16:48 PM

he had spoken to a spectator earlier in the first half,but with 5 mins to go,pulled the game
Why did he pull the game? What happened?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on June 27, 2018, 03:16:48 PM

I don't know what happened but that particular ref behaves in a manner that is eventually going to provoke somebody into something very serious
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laois Rising

Quote from: finbar o tool on June 26, 2018, 08:17:32 PM
Heard something about Delaney bringing in Johnny Kelly as coach with him if he gets the job, that would be good, he has good experience and a good track record.

If true, would be a popular choice within the county. We need to bring in someone who would be invested in the job and willing to build things long term. Naming lads like Jamie Wall doesn't appeal to me. Needs to prove himself a lot more than managing a stacked university team. Next appointment is  too big to get wrong-I don't want to see the wrong appointment made and Laois end up playing Christy Ring come 2020 as a consequence.   

HURLING1

Have to agree. It's time to get someone back to manage us that is invested in Laois hurling and no time for an outside manager for short term gain.
Delaney fits that profile perfectly .
I think though the bigger picture of Laois hurling has to be looked at because no senior manager is going to change our structures for younger talent and thats where our biggest challenge lies. If we could get Cheddar back for that role along with Delaney it would imo be like Laois hurling winning the lotto.

finbar o tool

I think its a great time for any manager to come on board. The only way is up. This team were badly managed and under performed as a result, any manager worth their salt should be able to get the lads motivated and committed again, play some good hurling, not afraid to go out and attack and have a go, and use their heads and the ball better, and we'll be in croker next year for a McDonagh Cup final.
As for our underage structures, remember that great document that was produced after our strategic review? I would say there is many deadlines for recommended actions passed already, i would say f**k all has been done since. Whos supposed to be overseeing the implementation of that?
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

HURLING1

I'm sure as Finbar says the only way is up for any new manager but if that's the limit of our ambition were still on the same road.
Arien couldn't perform miracles but would hopefully get most of our best players playing.
I still think the bigger picture lies away from the senior squad   .

finbar o tool

100% agree our development squad set up needs a serious upgrade. Again, implementing the actions from the stratigic review would be a start.
And im not saying a McDonagh Cup final is the limit of our ambitions but short term it has to be the minimum we're aiming for.
Look at the farce of a situation we have for the final on Sunday, its on at the same time as the munster final. The Gaa dont give shite about it or the counties in it. Look at the carry on with Kildare footballers! Same with the Kildare hurlers, winning a Christy Ring and their prize is a relegation match with Antrim! Its a joke, its like the Gaa are doing their best to discourage the weaker teams instead of doing the complete opposite like they should be.

clonadmad

Quote from: finbar o tool on June 28, 2018, 06:56:02 PM
I think its a great time for any manager to come on board. The only way is up. This team were badly managed and under performed as a result, any manager worth their salt should be able to get the lads motivated and committed again, play some good hurling, not afraid to go out and attack and have a go, and use their heads and the ball better, and we'll be in croker next year for a McDonagh Cup final.
As for our underage structures, remember that great document that was produced after our strategic review? I would say there is many deadlines for recommended actions passed already, i would say f**k all has been done since. Whos supposed to be overseeing the implementation of that?

1 deadline passed already,that of employing a Coaching and Games Development Manager to oversee all activities in the county

deadline 31/03/18

Keyser Söze

2 things.

1. Is that Strategic Review document available online?

2. There's a former Laois U21 manager who already has a working relationship with Johnny Kelly.....
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Helix

It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

clonadmad

http://www.punditarena.com/tv/

Celtic Challenge finals being shown live

Laois on later this afternoon

finbar o tool

clonadmad

Laois u14s played Wexford u14's  in Ferns today

Both A and B teams on the end of absolute hidings

burdizzo

Quote from: clonadmad on June 30, 2018, 01:01:51 PM
http://www.punditarena.com/tv/

Celtic Challenge finals being shown live

Laois on later this afternoon

Laois beat Antrim in their final - was it the Division 4 final? Out of five divisions? With Derry winning the one above us?!