Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: clarshack on July 19, 2020, 08:22:22 PM
Quote from: the goal was on on July 19, 2020, 05:08:00 PM
Disgrace what's going on in Dromore , spectators obviously been allowed in, numerous melees on pitch and off it in stand. People just can't be trusted!

Any footage?

Just watched the game on the Dromore Facebook page they screen out most of the rows but what clearly can be seen is that lunatic keeper Peter Ward throwing a punch outside of the row. I thought he stopped a few years back. Seems to be a row in the stand not recorded.

Referee was up against it from the start but he's a bad referee to send to any derby he can't control big games.
Living the dream!!!

Taylor

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 20, 2020, 12:43:55 AM
Disgrace what's going on in Dromore , spectators obviously been allowed in, numerous melees on pitch and off it in stand. People just can't be trusted!

Any footage?

Just watched the game on the Dromore Facebook page they screen out most of the rows but what clearly can be seen is that lunatic keeper Peter Ward throwing a punch outside of the row. I thought he stopped a few years back. Seems to be a row in the stand not recorded.

Referee was up against it from the start but he's a bad referee to send to any derby he can't control big games.

Why did the referee start the game when there were spectators there?

I assume he has the power to do this.

Plenty of results that would be called shocks in normal circumstances.

Great to have the GAA back with all the controversy.

Saw on Twitter last night a photo doing the rounds of a huge bite mark on a player in one of our neighbouring counties  :o

Mikhailov

Any footage?

Who was the referee?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Taylor on July 20, 2020, 07:51:55 AM

Any footage?

Why did the referee start the game when there were spectators there?

I assume he has the power to do this.

Plenty of results that would be called shocks in normal circumstances.

Great to have the GAA back with all the controversy.

Saw on Twitter last night a photo doing the rounds of a huge bite mark on a player in one of our neighbouring counties  :o

Referee has no input into anything that doesn't happen on the grass. I'd imagine he didn't care less.

This was inevitable anyway after the hammering Dromore took in last years Championship.

omagh_gael

Any footage?

Someone can be heard calling another a fat bastard and it kicks off then, the more things change the more they stay the same  :D

leenie

Was there any games played in the county that did not have spectators?

What grounds charged at the gate ?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

GetOverTheBar

leenie

Sorry I meant did not have any spectators and adhered to the 'rules'
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tyrone Gaa

Referee was Stevie Campbell from Stewartstown, I don't think it's his place to control the crowd just the 30 players on the pitch. I think for them high tension derby fixtures he is out of his depth he can't handle them in the way some of the more arrogant referees in the county do.

Living the dream!!!

Aaron Boone

People have been very good at adhering to the new rules for wakes & funerals, but not for GAA matches.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 20, 2020, 10:47:01 AM
People have been very good at adhering to the new rules for wakes & funerals, but not for GAA matches.

GAA is an All Ireland association it is wrong that a member in strabane can't watch his club play while a mile up the road Lifford can accommodate 200 supporters.  GAA should move forward as one. If it's not 32 counties then it's none. These are open air events and if common sense is used there should be no issue with attendance at games. I think it's guidance not law that no supporters attend.

Obviously common sense wasn't displayed in Dromore and that's down to the (fools) individuals involved. Dromore didn't change an admission.
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

The idea of no admission is so people 'stay at home'.

Makes a mockery of it when you see people standing on banks overlooking pitches or back gardens full overlooking etc. May as well let them in and use common sense with distance. For bigger games there may have to be a bit of a cap or enforced distancing where necessary.

Clubs that you can round the pitch with cars...same thing, sure what harm are they doing really. With streaming still on the go most people might just prefer to sit in the house anyway for whatever few pound it costs.

Eire90

was there this big of interest in club gaa before covid

Taylor

Quote from: Eire90 on July 20, 2020, 12:58:21 PM

Absolutely - Covid hasnt changed a thing in regards to interest

LeoMc

And on page 2884 of the club thread we get this question?

Quote from: Eire90 on July 20, 2020, 12:58:21 PM