Monaghan v Down USFC Sat April 30th

Started by wobbller, April 07, 2022, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

thewobbler

I reckon Down will will this narrowly before getting beaten out of sight in the next round.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

whitegoodman

Quote from: thewobbler on April 07, 2022, 07:54:01 PM
I reckon Down will will this narrowly before getting beaten out of sight in the next round.

You smoking something ?

thewobbler

Quote from: whitegoodman on April 07, 2022, 08:54:30 PM

You smoking something ?

There is literally no pressure on Down. They can approach they in a care free, result doesn't matter kind of way. Throw enough gay abandon at it and they could upset Monaghan.

Edit:

Of course we could go the other way and go damage limitation, in which case it will be a shitshow with Monaghan racking on a cricket score in the final 20 mins. Hopefully not this.

Main Street

There are plenty of precedents for the underdog to prevail facing Monaghan in the Ulster championship. Can you get any lower than Cavan? and they managed the mighty feat. Down themselves tore up the script against Monaghan in 2017.

Wildweasel74

Hard to know here, Down going very poor, Monaghan overcoming Dublin in a do or die. Form points to them and they score goals. Down just so poor when I look at the team they had 91-96, it's hard to know what's went wrong in Down, Monaghan shooting way above their population No's. Funny feeling they could beat Tyrone this year.

snoopdog

Quote from: thewobbler on April 07, 2022, 09:36:42 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on April 07, 2022, 08:54:30 PM

You smoking something ?

There is literally no pressure on Down. They can approach they in a care free, result doesn't matter kind of way. Throw enough gay abandon at it and they could upset Monaghan.

Edit:

Of course we could go the other way and go damage limitation, in which case it will be a shitshow with Monaghan racking on a cricket score in the final 20 mins. Hopefully not this.
Down seem to approach every game in a care free way. The lack of a system makes it look for Down that the result doesn't matter. Monaghan could win this by more than the last time we met in Clones in championship. 2017 I think it was.  Down have no hope.

J70

What's going on with Down these days anyway?

It will soon be 30 years since their last Ulster title.

Are the players simply not there any more?

Orior

Yes, Down do have a good ladies team. But what about the men?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nrico2006

Monaghan should win this by a wide margin. 

Down simply don't have the players is the answer to the earlier question.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

yellowcard

Will Down have a new manager for this match?

Blowitupref

Quote from: yellowcard on April 10, 2022, 12:49:21 PM
Did you hear rumours? James McCartan wasn't appointed until late November.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

KickPass

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 10, 2022, 02:58:49 PM
Heard wee James threw a wobbler and walked. Any truth?

yellowcard

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 10, 2022, 02:58:49 PM

Allegedly walked after a training weekend turned into a session. There's a good documentary in this seasons Down team.