rte balance?

Started by bloody mary, October 09, 2008, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloody mary

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship// - don't mean to start a big north-south paranoia debate, but I would've thought that the top story on this page should have been Tyrone as All Ireland champs against Armagh, not Dublin-Meath.

pintsofguinness

It's hard to believe that poor team plays poor team makes headline news on RTE - no wait, it isnt. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

screenexile

Dear god! It's headline on BBC is that not enough? The glamour tie for RTE is Dublin Meath not Tyrone Armagh. Would ye ever catch a grip of yourselves this paranoia is not helping normal gaels endear themselves to Armagh and Tyrone!

Tubberman

Haven't ye got your own BBC and UTV up there - can we have nothing without ye complaining!  ;)
And btw, sports news this morning on one of the radio stations (can't remember which) gave the top pairings in Ulster, Leinster and Munster and didn't even mention Connacht so don't be complaining that Ulster isn't the main headline.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

SidelineKick

I wondered about the RTE balance myself.  Gave them a push and they fell over  :P
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

armaghniac

Well TV3 started last night with the Galway v Laois Leinster hurling tie, which is a real first.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Billys Boots

Media 101 for Nordies: eh, media is about selling advertising, doh.  Think about numbers for a minute - now ye have it.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

his holiness nb

As soon as I read the title thread I automatically presumed it was a Nordie moan   ::)

Why do you even care which headline is first?
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

Ah shush Ulster men, you're embarrassing me. Sure we have a case to be paranoid, but not in this case.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 09, 2008, 12:45:27 PM
Media 101 for Nordies: eh, media is about selling advertising, doh.  Think about numbers for a minute - now ye have it.  ::)
and Dublin V Meath is going to do what exactly? Neither team will feature in the business end of the championship - well the dubs may be there to make up the numbers - so I'm not sure if it'll attract taht much interest outside of Dublin and Meath.

Tubberman

Quoteso you're saying that glamour is news.. and you're saying that Dublin-Meath is more glamorous than Tyrone-Armagh.. ah we'll just feck off back up to the north and the bbc, and leave rte to the south.. it's nothing to do with paranoia, at least the initial point wasn't, but the way you put it... on the same point, rte went crazy about john meyler and justin mcarthy the other morning, but Damien Cassidy didn't get a mention... ah they're only the league champions.. and they just happen to be in the north... as for connacht, well hold on, do youse have the all ireland champions?

Seriously, get a fcking grip. Is this all you can find to start complaining about??
Any my point about Connacht was that it wasn't mentioned at all in the radio report. Ulster is mentioned in the 3rd paragraph on the RTE report. Live with it.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Billys Boots

QuoteI'm not sure if it'll attract taht much interest outside of Dublin and Meath.

Two counties with a combined population of over 1,300,000, as against two counties with a combined population of 300,000 (not even taking into account the numbers viewing RTE in Tyrone/Armagh).  C'mon pints.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Jinxy

Ah, Croke Park packed to the rafters. You can't beat it. Biggest & best rivalry in Irish sport.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 09, 2008, 02:07:07 PM
QuoteI'm not sure if it'll attract taht much interest outside of Dublin and Meath.

Two counties with a combined population of over 1,300,000, as against two counties with a combined population of 300,000 (not even taking into account the numbers viewing RTE in Tyrone/Armagh).  C'mon pints.  ::)
What the county's population got to do with it? 
Jinxy to be fair to the dubs they'd fill croke park no matter who they were playing in the championship so it's hardly a sign of the "biggest & best rivalry" in Irish sport.