Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

We should have set up more defensively last night.Also the players seemed overawed from the first whistle.Need to learn from this.

Applesisapples

A little bit of reality is needed, Barca and PSG regularly post 5-0's against teams with better players and bigger budgets than Celtic, why in God's name do we expect Celtic to hold them to 0-0? That type of a result will only happen once in a blue moon, not Rodgers fault. Even Juve couldn't stop Messi last night and we expect Celtic to close out PSG, its like Antrim taking on Galway or Kilkenny a hiding is always the most likely outcome. Take it learn from it and move on. At least none of Celtic's players behaved like the money grabbing tr**p Neymar. Thank fcuk Barca let him go, I hope he destroys PSG with his self delusional arrogance.

Hectic

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 13, 2017, 11:13:16 AM
A little bit of reality is needed, Barca and PSG regularly post 5-0's against teams with better players and bigger budgets than Celtic, why in God's name do we expect Celtic to hold them to 0-0? That type of a result will only happen once in a blue moon, not Rodgers fault. Even Juve couldn't stop Messi last night and we expect Celtic to close out PSG, its like Antrim taking on Galway or Kilkenny a hiding is always the most likely outcome. Take it learn from it and move on. At least none of Celtic's players behaved like the money grabbing tr**p Neymar. Thank fcuk Barca let him go, I hope he destroys PSG with his self delusional arrogance.

I still maintain we could have performed better but even at that would probably still have been on nil points this morning so I am not going to lose too much sleep over it.  As we all know it is the two games against Anderlecht that really are our group games.

ashman

What is wrong with Neymar earning what he can in what is now essentially a business ??

Main Street

That PSG team were superb last night. It will be interesting to see how Bayern cope with them.

It's a moot point imo whether celtic could or should have done better, 5 nil was about right, the target is to finish ahead of Anderlecht who have a better squad and recent european record than Celtic.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ashman on September 13, 2017, 11:24:05 AM

What is wrong with Neymar earning what he can in what is now essentially a business ?? Nothing but there's a lot wrong with his attitude to fellow professionals and the tramplike behaviour on the pitch. Although it is obscene when you earn more than you are your grandchildren would ever be able to spend to go chasing more.

Hectic

Quote from: Main Street on September 13, 2017, 11:32:49 AM
That PSG team were superb last night. It will be interesting to see how Bayern cope with them.

It's a moot point imo whether celtic could or should have done better, 5 nil was about right, the target is to finish ahead of Anderlecht who have a better squad and recent european record than Celtic.

Maybe a moot point but I would have liked us to play without fear after last seasons experience but then again first game and against a fantastic collection of footballers so hopefully shake that off a bit now as we go and start to build performances.  And yes will be up against it in every game to a greater or lesser degree but this is a competition where a lot of our young players can come of age so hopefully we can exceed our coefficient standing.

under the bar

Quote from: T Fearon on September 12, 2017, 11:50:31 PM
Am hearing the guy who invaded the pitch was from Portadown? Anyone got a name?

The apple never falls far from the tree...... Ulster's shame!

stew

Quote from: under the bar on September 13, 2017, 12:42:41 PM

That would be Lurgan......................................And Cookstown.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

I know the  name.Also hearing this was done for a bet.FFS😠

illdecide

Quote from: stew on September 13, 2017, 12:46:17 PM
Quote from: under the bar on September 13, 2017, 12:42:41 PM

That would be Lurgan......................................And Cookstown.

FFS Stew...Why bring lovely Lurgan into this, we hate Portydown wans too
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Hopefully the little turd will be jailed for a significant term.Drinking all day and apparently doing this for a bet,then crying in court >:(. Feel sorry for the bloke who slapped him and ended up in court for doing so.

ashman

Quote from: T Fearon on September 13, 2017, 05:13:48 PM
Hopefully the little turd will be jailed for a significant term.Drinking all day and apparently doing this for a bet,then crying in court >:(. Feel sorry for the bloke who slapped him and ended up in court for doing so.

Ffs sake .  The young lad was an idiot .  He acted the eegit and deserves a small punishment .  He does not deserve a custodial sentence .  A fine , and a lot of community service .  Celtic can then do as they see fit .

There is much worse going through the courts in UK. 

T Fearon

If a Rangers or Hearts fan ran on and attacked a Celtic player or manager would such leniency be forthcoming? At 21 he's old enough to do the time.This was an attempt at physical assault not a drunken asshole singing a few rebel songs 😡