The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 16, 2011, 12:41:54 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 15, 2011, 10:10:40 PM
Gattuso will right be banned and was acting the maggot all night. Few things though.

Why were Joe Jordan and Redknapp halfway down the sideline for the first incident? (BBC reporting it as "near the Tottenham dugout)

Secondly - Gattuso shook Redknapp's hand and then according to Sky "went straight for Joe Jordan." Who happened to be standing in the way of the entrance to the tunnel.

Souness saying he's shite - he's over the hill, but you don't win a World Cup and two Champions Leagues by being shite.

If he played against Souness he would have known all about it. I hate these fake hard men you get in soccer nowadays and Gattuso is a prime example.

Gattuso may have been decent at one stage but he's a joke now. Spurs would be better off if he was playing in the next leg, would keep a more skilful (dangerous) player off the pitch.

As for the refereeing - I don't think the stuff that was missed last night would be missed in the Premier League in England.

Like many Milan players the last few years, he's over the hill. He was excellent at his job in his day. He wasn't there to produce tricks and flicks.

Anyone find the sight of Jamie Rednknapp interviewing his da a bit odd? What if there was some sort of controversy surrounding a Tottenham player? You'd hardly expect a grilling, would you?

paco

Quote from: gallsman on February 16, 2011, 06:47:36 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 16, 2011, 12:41:54 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 15, 2011, 10:10:40 PM
Gattuso will right be banned and was acting the maggot all night. Few things though.

Why were Joe Jordan and Redknapp halfway down the sideline for the first incident? (BBC reporting it as "near the Tottenham dugout)

Secondly - Gattuso shook Redknapp's hand and then according to Sky "went straight for Joe Jordan." Who happened to be standing in the way of the entrance to the tunnel.

Souness saying he's shite - he's over the hill, but you don't win a World Cup and two Champions Leagues by being shite.

If he played against Souness he would have known all about it. I hate these fake hard men you get in soccer nowadays and Gattuso is a prime example.

Gattuso may have been decent at one stage but he's a joke now. Spurs would be better off if he was playing in the next leg, would keep a more skilful (dangerous) player off the pitch.

As for the refereeing - I don't think the stuff that was missed last night would be missed in the Premier League in England.

Like many Milan players the last few years, he's over the hill. He was excellent at his job in his day. He wasn't there to produce tricks and flicks.

Anyone find the sight of Jamie Rednknapp interviewing his da a bit odd? What if there was some sort of controversy surrounding a Tottenham player? You'd hardly expect a grilling, would you?

Or Graeme Souness telling 'Arry that the 2 of them would be going for a beer together.

Denn Forever

Quote from: paco on February 16, 2011, 03:59:46 PM
For those wondering about how they communicated, Gattuso stated in today's paper that Joe Jordan said something in Scottish to him which set the whole thing off. Anyone here speak Scottish?

Johnny Giles said Gattuso's wife is Scottish so no need for translation.  Any truth in this?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 16, 2011, 10:35:44 PM
Quote from: paco on February 16, 2011, 03:59:46 PM
For those wondering about how they communicated, Gattuso stated in today's paper that Joe Jordan said something in Scottish to him which set the whole thing off. Anyone here speak Scottish?

Johnny Giles said Gattuso's wife is Scottish so no need for translation.  Any truth in this?

From wikipedia

Personal life

Gattuso is married to Monica Romano (a Scottish woman of Italian descent), whom he met while playing for Rangers at an exhibition game in Toronto, Canada. The couple dated for a long while before marrying. They have a daughter, Gabriella (born 20 June 2004), and a son, Francesco (born 8 November 2007). Monica is the sister of GMTV's Los Angeles correspondent Carla Romano.
In January 2010, Gattuso opened a fish shop in Gallarate, a city in the province of Varese where the midfielder had been living for eight years.[12]

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Gs Man

Cannot for the life of me understand how Spurs are 3-0 down in this game.  Ridiculous.
Keep 'er lit

Denn Forever

Ground out the result.  Fairplay.

Bragging rights on Northside of London.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Gs Man

My nerves are shattered here!!!

Great result!  Sandro was immense.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!
Keep 'er lit

Hoof Hearted

Good to see it. There will be a few envious faces in the other half of N London tonight !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

wherefromreferee?

Will that result mean a return to the board by Tony?
In your Endo!

ross4life

"Tonight's performance was from a team of men. Last night's performance from [Arsenal] was from a team of frightened children."

- Harry Redknapp
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Evil Genius

Quote from: ross4life on March 09, 2011, 10:57:17 PM
"Tonight's performance was from a team of men. Last night's performance from [Arsenal] was from a team of frightened children."

- Harry Redknapp
HR never actually said that - apparently it was made up by some character calling himself "De Selby" on Red Cafe:

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/spurs-v-milan-323219/index13.html

Tbf to Harry, he doesn't tend to slag off other teams very much.

And tbf to De Selby, he's absolutely right!  :D

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Bingo

I was thinking that quote couldn't be for real, Harry wouldn't be that stupid to leave himself open by saying that.

Trust Ross to dive in two footed and quote it  ::)

An Gaeilgoir

Just back from London (Thank you god to be working for a multi-national organisation). What a night, even surpasses the 91 cup final. Sandro and Dawson were unreal. VDV and Bale clearly unfit. 9 days til the next game then the run in to try and get fourth again.COYS.