Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: screenexile on April 06, 2011, 11:21:39 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 06, 2011, 11:13:26 PM
Difference between the 2 clubs is as wide as the Atlantic-when the owner starts making team selections then the team is on a loser. Which manager in their right mind would have taken off Drogba and left Torres on?

It looked a strange decision but then so did starting Adebayor last night . . . both Ancelotti and Mourinho have much more experience than anyone on here so I'd cut Ancelotti a bit of slack. I think they will score at OT anyway and it should be a cracker.
Who else was Mourinho going to start last night? Higuain not fit for a full game and Benzema injured. His hand was forced. Unlike Ancelotti.
Fergie had to be laughing when he kept Torres on and took the only threat off

under the bar

Ramirez had 1 foot on the line and the other behind it when evra came across him so if a foul it should have been a free kick, not a penalty.

David McKeown

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 06, 2011, 10:49:04 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 06, 2011, 09:47:38 PM
the 3 other ties are pretty much done and dusted so by the law of averages there's bound to be a few twists in this one before its over.
What a load of nonsense-if black comes up ten in a row in roulette wheel should we lump large on red on 11th go cos by law of averages it has been black too often-talk about tabloid mentality

Common misconception on the law of averages which would actually state that red is equally likely on the 11th go as the previous ten spins have no bearing on the 11th just on our observations. Darren Brown did a show on TV about this a few years back.  Tossing a coin is a completely different scenario though as a coin toss isnt 50-50 but thats a conversation for a different thread
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: paco on April 06, 2011, 10:52:25 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on April 06, 2011, 10:27:15 PM
Only saw the highlights but it looked like it was all Chelsea, although 5 live suggested Utd were the much better team. Which was it?

On the penalty it was a stonewall decision but I can understand why the ref didnt give it solely because of the strange angle the ball moved from Ramieres touch. Ref was wrong though

What about the man on the line? Have these officials made a decision of note in any European game this season? Talk about a waste of time! Draw would probably have been fair, but my word, it's underwhelming to watch Chelsea - how Mikel keeps getting game time I'lll never know.

Mikel would've sat in the hole and been where Rooney was when he scored!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

new devil

It must really get to "knobs" like screenexile to see united win..to care so much about a game in a cup that your team wasn't even in you must be really bitter
Love to see it, what's it going to be like when we actually win number 19? Some of yous probably won't be able to sleep  :D

muppet

Quote from: under the bar on April 07, 2011, 12:46:43 AM
Ramirez had 1 foot on the line and the other behind it when evra came across him so if a foul it should have been a free kick, not a penalty.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Live, it was a terrible decision, replayed United supporters should hang their heads instead of pretending it was somehow legitimate. It was an absolutely horrendous decision.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: under the bar on April 07, 2011, 12:46:43 AM
:D Tool

m***** s***** would be proud of that statement, it's one right out of his locker.
Saw the incident on SSN this morning and it was as clear a peno as I have ever seen.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

ross4life you are forever boring us all with stats so just for you here are the stats from last night,a game you say Manure deserved to win.
I didn't watch any of it as I had more interest in the Golf so I can only go by what the stats say...

Chelsea   Stats    Manchester United
0          Goals      1
0   1st Half Goals   1
7   Shots on Target   2
8   Shots off Target   1
6   Blocked Shots   5
3   Corners   5
15   Fouls   17
2   Offsides   3
4   Yellow Cards   2
0   Red Cards   0
83.9   Passing Success   73.1
16   Tackles   29
87.5   Tackles Success   69
57.2   Possession   42.8
55.4   Territorial Advantage   44.6

Going by them stats (as you always seem to do but strangely not for last nights game) I'd say a draw was a fair result especially as a stonewall peno was denied to Chelsea.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on April 07, 2011, 07:37:44 AM
ross4life you are forever boring us all with stats so just for you here are the stats from last night,a game you say Manure deserved to win.
I didn't watch any of it as I had more interest in the Golf so I can only go by what the stats say...

0          Goals      1
0   1st Half Goals   1
7   Shots on Target   2
8   Shots off Target   1
6   Blocked Shots   5
3   Corners   5
15   Fouls   17
2   Offsides   3
4   Yellow Cards   2
0   Red Cards   0
16   Tackles   29
57.2   Possession   42.8

Going by them stats (as you always seem to do but strangely not for last nights game) I'd say a draw was a fair result especially as a stonewall peno was denied to Chelsea.

United were away from home and were set-up to hit Chelsea on the counter attack, which they did and could have had a few more.  Chelsea had more possession but apart from the bit of play before half time when the ball was cleared off the line, Chelsea didn't create many clear cut chances.  A 1-0 win for United was a fair result.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Worker

united are nailed on for the treble now.

the league is in the bag, should be in the champions league final now, and then the small matter of the fa cup to look after.

all the breaks have went utds way this season, rooney will get his ban reduced too.

some achievement for fergie to achieve so much with a limited team.

ludermor

0          Goals      1
0   1st Half Goals   1
7   Shots on Target   2
8   Shots off Target   1
6   Blocked Shots   5
3   Corners   5
15   Fouls   17
2   Offsides   3
4   Yellow Cards   2
0   Red Cards   0
16   Tackles   29
57.2   Possession   42.8

EC Unique

Rooney ban Upheld - 2 Matches

Misses FA Cup Semi Final.

Chance for Berba I guess!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 07, 2011, 09:11:04 AM

0          Goals      1
0   1st Half Goals   1
7   Shots on Target   2
8   Shots off Target   1
6   Blocked Shots   5
3   Corners   5
15   Fouls   17
2   Offsides   3
4   Yellow Cards   2
0   Red Cards   0
16   Tackles   29
57.2   Possession   42.8

United were away from home and were set-up to hit Chelsea on the counter attack, which they did and could have had a few more.  Chelsea had more possession but apart from the bit of play before half time when the ball was cleared off the line, Chelsea didn't create many clear cut chances.  A 1-0 win for United was a fair result.

Bar Drogba's over head kick that just went wide, Torres' header that VDS save, Drogba's first half shot that VDS had to top over, Ramires' header that he was just too ickle for, Ramries' through on goal and is fouled. Bar those aye!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: new devil on April 07, 2011, 02:08:19 AM
It must really get to "knobs" like screenexile to see united win..to care so much about a game in a cup that your team wasn't even in you must be really bitter
Love to see it, what's it going to be like when we actually win number 19? Some of yous probably won't be able to sleep  :D

Hope there's enough room for you on the open top bus

The Worker

does rooneys ban get extended for appealing?