Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on April 06, 2011, 09:48:39 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 06, 2011, 09:43:53 PM
Finally...............after 9 f**king long years United have won Stamford bridge  ;D

United are an incredibly under rated team, check out this stat>>>>Utd have only lost one of their last 22 Champions League away games (v Bayern last season)

Tie far from over as Chelsea are more than capable of winning in OT but as a United fan i'm delighted with that result/performance tonight.

Whats your take on the evra 'challenge'?

Penalty but Chelsea got what they deserved out of the game...absolutely nothing!

Quote from: 118cmal on April 06, 2011, 10:00:16 PM
Great to see all the bitters sticking their heads in. Don't worry lads, it doesn't affect your teams   :D :D

Anyway, these penalty decisions even themselves out over the season  :D

I didn't believe it...untill tonight  ;D

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

David McKeown

Only saw the highlights but it looked like it was all Chelsea, although 5 live suggested Utd were the much better team. Which was it?

On the penalty it was a stonewall decision but I can understand why the ref didnt give it solely because of the strange angle the ball moved from Ramieres touch. Ref was wrong though
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ross4life

Quote from: David McKeown on April 06, 2011, 10:27:15 PM
Only saw the highlights but it looked like it was all Chelsea, although 5 live suggested Utd were the much better team. Which was it?

United were the better team in the 1st half with a deserved lead, 2nd half Fergie got his tactics spot on playing very clever football hitting Chelsea on the break, apart from the Torres header (saved by VDS) the Chelsea forward line were clueless on how to break down a brilliant United defence.

United had the better players all over the field & worked themselves to the ground! United deserved the win no doubt.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on April 06, 2011, 10:39:00 PM

United were the better team in the 1st half with a deserved lead, 2nd half Fergie got his tactics spot on playing very clever football hitting Chelsea on the break, apart from the Torres header (saved by VDS) the Chelsea forward line were clueless on how to break down a brilliant United defence.

United had the better players all over the field & worked themselves to the ground! United deserved the win no doubt.

I think a draw would probably have been more reflective of the game. Chelsea did hit the post, have a shot cleared off the line and had a stonewall penalty denied after all.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Minder on April 06, 2011, 10:46:17 PM

well at least if he is saying f**k off to the grass he cant get banned for it !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: clarshack on April 06, 2011, 09:47:38 PM
the 3 other ties are pretty much done and dusted so by the law of averages there's bound to be a few twists in this one before its over.
What a load of nonsense-if black comes up ten in a row in roulette wheel should we lump large on red on 11th go cos by law of averages it has been black too often-talk about tabloid mentality

paco

On the penalty it was a stonewall decision but I can understand why the ref didnt give it solely because of the strange angle the ball moved from Ramieres touch. Ref was wrong though

What about the man on the line? Have these officials made a decision of note in any European game this season? Talk about a waste of time! Draw would probably have been fair, but my word, it's underwhelming to watch Chelsea - how Mikel keeps getting game time I'lll never know.

ludermor

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 06, 2011, 10:49:04 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 06, 2011, 09:47:38 PM
the 3 other ties are pretty much done and dusted so by the law of averages there's bound to be a few twists in this one before its over.
What a load of nonsense-if black comes up ten in a row in roulette wheel should we lump large on red on 11th go cos by law of averages it has been black too often-talk about tabloid mentality
so do you reckon any of the other teams can win their ties?

ross4life

I think a draw would probably have been more reflective of the game. Chelsea did hit the post, have a shot cleared off the line and had a stonewall penalty denied after all.

The last game between the two a draw would probably have been more reflective of the game. I said already United worked harder for the result, how many chelsea players could you say played well tonight compared to United's?

the line clearance was another example of great defending as for the peno what goes around...

P.S hit the post? must have missed that when i went for a piss.

screenexile

Quote from: ross4life on April 06, 2011, 10:56:15 PM

The last game between the two a draw would probably have been more reflective of the game. I said already United worked harder for the result, how many chelsea players could you say played well tonight compared to United's?

the line clearance was another example of great defending as for the peno what goes around...

It happened before the goal line clearance you knob! I would say Terry, Ivanovic, Bosingwa, Essien and Drogba had solid games tonight. A draw would have been fair!

ross4life

Quote from: screenexile on April 06, 2011, 11:01:18 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 06, 2011, 10:56:15 PM

It happened before the goal line clearance you knob! I would say Terry, Ivanovic, Bosingwa, Essien and Drogba had solid games tonight. A draw would have been fair!

All from one attack so... maybe chelsea would have got two goals from that one move & aren't you that same "knob" that thought torres dive was a stone wall penalty.

Keep em coming as nothing will stop me from smiling like a cheshire cat tonight  ;D

Milltown Row2

On reflection maybe a draw would have been a fairer result. That's football. nothing won yet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rocky Mc Guigan

Difference between the 2 clubs is as wide as the Atlantic-when the owner starts making team selections then the team is on a loser. Which manager in their right mind would have taken off Drogba and left Torres on?

screenexile

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 06, 2011, 11:13:26 PM
Difference between the 2 clubs is as wide as the Atlantic-when the owner starts making team selections then the team is on a loser. Which manager in their right mind would have taken off Drogba and left Torres on?

It looked a strange decision but then so did starting Adebayor last night . . . both Ancelotti and Mourinho have much more experience than anyone on here so I'd cut Ancelotti a bit of slack. I think they will score at OT anyway and it should be a cracker.