The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

magpie seanie

Bud, was on it too and fair play to you. was at the dogs in Galway so had to settle for SP. Nearly had a canary with that last jump but it got up well to sneak it. Good man.

Hardy

I have to make an embarrassing confession. I wasn't paying attention here and missed Bud's recommendation for Manilou this time and knew nothing about it until I saw the result.

Never mind - we're still way ahead because of Controvento alone.

maddog

QuoteI wasn't paying attention here

It might be worth paying attention to the 8.00 at the curragh on Saturday night. ;)

The Real SlimShady

oh my goodness, whats happening then MD? is Manilou out again? or perhaps Sling Back?

Hardy

Thanks maddog. We'll assume this is the one where the owners demand a win - unless we hear otherwise from Bud.

maddog

Quote from: Hardy on June 05, 2007, 03:58:56 PM
Thanks maddog. We'll assume this is the one where the owners demand a win - unless we hear otherwise from Bud.

Yeah that sling back is out. If you register with the horse tracker on www.irish-racing.com it will fire through an email any time a horse you may be following or interested in is declared to run.

AZOffaly

Does a declaration of 'scratching' mean that he won't be running after all?

maddog

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 05, 2007, 04:21:21 PM
Does a declaration of 'scratching' mean that he won't be running after all?

Not sure what it means AZ but its still in the race this morning.

The Real SlimShady

Scratch means it wont run.

MD, any odds forecast for it?

never kickt a ball

Anybody see Fallon's comeback ride last night. Typical powerful Fallon exhibition. The horse just got up at the post after trouble in running.

Stranworst

Typical Fallon, knew he would get at least one winner last night, wish I was around a bookies or at leas had money in my Betfair account!!

His other mount came last!!

No rides tonight

The Real SlimShady

aye, I'm sure the bookies would have been quaking in their boots had you turned up to have a bet! you could'nt afford to have a decent bet, which would be required on a 4/7 shot.

the Deel Rover

hello lads thanks to slim and hardy i have made a few quid going on their tips ;D ;D, i have been given a tip for the royal ascot meeting on the 23/06/07 , i have put a bet on the horse and got him at 25's today , I wouldn't like  anyone to loose an arm and a leg but he might be worth a few quid e/w.Will i just tell you the name of the horse or will i leave it.  ??? ??? ??? 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real SlimShady

you may go ahead and let fly, if it loses we might as well lose on it too!