The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

Buds line of info seemed to involve J Carr/ Philip Carberry osses. Sublimity would be main horse in that yard these days. Any update of cheltenham target and well being appreciated  . posted feb 22

bud knew. where is he anyway.

The Bottom Brick

There was a 1/16 shot beaten in England 3 or 4 years ago...
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

Lecale2

Aqmaar 3.40 Haydock. Around 10-1

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Bud Wiser

I'm backing Liefly in Leopardstown on Wednesday !

Stranworst

Kempes at the Curragh today, money been pouring in to it all day, working here and we've been plagued with people looking on it

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Stranworst on May 27, 2007, 02:11:54 PM
Kempes at the Curragh today, money been pouring in to it all day, working here and we've been plagued with people looking on it

Headed on the line Stranworst at 9/1. Bloody typical.

ONeill

Isn't Joe Kernan connected to that horse?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bud Wiser

QuoteIsn't Joe Kernan connected to that horse?

If he was dragging his weight around with him it is no wonder he lost

never kickt a ball

Quote from: never kickt a ball on May 27, 2007, 10:29:06 PM

Headed on the line Stranworst at 9/1. Bloody typical.
Quote from: ONeill on May 28, 2007, 12:05:41 AM

Isn't Joe Kernan connected to that horse?

Apparently the trainer put the defeat down to a lack of support at the venue. If he is that's two short head defeats on one day for Joe. 

never kickt a ball

Frances Crowley became the first woman to train an Ulster Derby winner when 3-1 joint favourite Kempes won by two-and-half lengths at Down Royal.
Kempes, ridden by Crowley's husband Pat Smullen, won from the other 3-1 shot Callow Lake with Swiss Cottage in third place at 5-1.
The win was great news for Armagh GAA manager Joe Kernan on the eve of his semi-final replay against Fermanagh.
Kernan is a member of the Three Cheers syndicate which owns Kempes.

A sickening weekend for Joe
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/other_sports/horse_racing/5113636.stm

Stranworst

Was absolutely ripping yesterday, I'd backed Kempes and was hoping for a nice wee earner! Did it each way though so got a bit back, not to be sniffed at!

Aristotle Flynn

This betting really should be banded. It's encourageing young people to gamble and that's not what a GAA Board should be about!
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Bud Wiser

Liefly tomorrow?  Changed my mind, not backing this little filly.  Might as well take my score and put it on Laois for the Leinster.  Too much trouble in the stalls, wants to sit down and fold its front legs. "The stable jockey is riding it because the horse is more used to him and might not sit down"   Its a six furlong sprint FFS !!.  I have backed horses in my time that tried and failed but by Jaysus I never want to back one that is sitting down with its arms folded with a stable lad appealing to it to get off its arse, "because the horse knows him" !    Dog meat, Tin, Albert Reynolds processing plant....etc.  Go for it if ye want but, as our mo"thers used to say, don't come crying to me if you fall off the wall.

"This betting really should be banded. It's encourageing young people to gamble and that's not what a GAA Board should be about!"

This is the non-gaa discussion board. It is an escape from the humdrum of the GAA that many of us like. I sincerely hope that the horse racing thread is the most upsetting thing you come across on the internet.  I am sure the lads that place an odd bet are not standing on village street corners sucking on a cigarette but with no arse in their trousers.