The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Homer on April 04, 2008, 10:44:03 PM
Quote from: Homer on April 04, 2008, 05:24:28 PM
Horse running tonight 7.10 Dundalk called Gandolfini. Hasn't been out since last year and connections say he is in good shape and should run well.

Available at 12s in most bookmakers so worth a few quid EW.

::)           

Apologies lads.

no harm homer, don't let it happen again ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

just put on 5 bets for the national followed hardy's advice well who wouldn't after last years stunning tips :)
Well here they are Cornish Set 100/1 , Ardaghey 100/1 , Comply or Die 10/1 , Philsons Run 33/1 ,
and Dargent 25/1 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

youngfella

Im in liverpool here, have ye's got any tips for the nation??
Pull hard and early

gallsman

First time I've bet on the national for years. Looked at Comply or Die at 9-1 in Ladbrokes but got greedy and went for Butler's Cabin at 14-1. Clare Balding told me he was looking "fabulous". The bitch.  :'( :'( :'(

the Deel Rover

had 20 e/w on comply or die as he was the lowest odds , 5 e/w on the rest so happy days  :) buy you a pint the next time your in mayo hardy ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

I had Comply or Die as well. Cheers Hardy. Of course I also had Philson Run, Ardaghey and Cornish Sett, ya aul' bollix ya  ;D

I had an ante post each way on King John's Castle as well, so first time in ages I've had a profitable NAtional.

the Deel Rover

so all in all a good we for ya az  up in the national and an offaly man about to take over the running of the country ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

Quote from: the Deel Rover on April 05, 2008, 05:08:25 PM
so all in all a good we for ya az  up in the national and an offaly man about to take over the running of the country ;)

And America!!!

But our minor footballers were beaten in Wicklow.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Louth Exile on April 04, 2008, 12:06:42 AM
Quote from: downtown on April 03, 2008, 09:07:02 PM
Horses dont go well next time out after cheltenham!! simple point 2 remember!
Winners of the first three races all ran at Cheltenham!

Quote from: downtown on April 05, 2008, 01:17:35 AM
any horse that has won at cheltenham, has had a poor run at aintree louth excile!! same fact every yr!

If you look back at the original quote downtown you will see that you did not say cheltenham winners!! Four winners on Thursday and four winners on Friday had runs at Cheltenham. If you are saying that the Cheltenham form didn't hold up, you are right. None more so than VoyPur and Masterminded having a reversal in distance of 29 lengths  :o
In what has not been a classic year for 2 mile novice chasers tidal bay stands out by winning at both meetings. Although, so did Our Vic and Binocular was not far off winning at both tracks.

I got a run for my money in the national, even if no return. I am just glad that my bet of the day was Al Eile, 11/4 was some price  :)
Coming up to Beechers the second time I had Chelsea Harbour (16/1), Butlers Cabin (16/1) and D'Argent (25/1) all up in the van and expecting to at least pocket some place money, thats the luck of it, thank god VC were doing a faller/free bet special, so only Chelsea Harbour cost me. After a disastrous Cheltenham it was nice to come out of Aintree quids in.

The first five horse home in the National were all Irish Bred and all had Irish Jockeys, with 2nd, 3rd and 4th also being trained in owned in Ireland. So even though we didn't win it this year it was still a great Irish performance and you couldn't begrudge the winning connections (especially those of you who backed it), they are more than entitled to a win in it.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

boojangles

20 EW on Comply or Die at 10s,cheers Hardy

maddog

I was offered the opinion (before the Eider chase) that comply or die would win both. Of course i didnt listen until after the Eider. Backed comply or die £30 on nose. Had the forecast in mind King Johns castle but put the 2 of them in my placepot instead (which Kalderon screwed me on) did d'argent for the forecast. Cant complain overall. ;)

his holiness nb

Bet on about 3 races per year, havent a clue, pick a horse whose name I like.
Who did I pick? Only a bleedin tenner on comply or die at ten to one!  ;D
Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

I won't ask why you liked the name 'Comply or Die'.  Everything OK hnb? :D

his holiness nb

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 07, 2008, 01:28:34 PM
I won't ask why you liked the name 'Comply or Die'.  Everything OK hnb? :D

The weird thing is I called my brother to tell him and he had a tenner on the same horse.
I asked him why and he said "I liked the name".

We had a decent childhood mind you  :o
Ask me holy bollix

Mickey Linden

Heard word for Dippy Duck today at Sedgefield 2.50 Its around five to one now and defintely worth a look