Sci Fi

Started by Eamonnca1, April 03, 2015, 07:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

This week I discovered that Blakes 7 is on YouTube. I think it's all up there. My productivity has plummeted and binge-watching has commenced. I never saw all of it the first time around either, so I'm seeing all the early episodes for the first time. Superb writing and acting. I wish the BBC or someone would do what they did for Star Trek TOS and re-do the special effects for the space shots.

ziggysego

As far as I'm aware, the BBC are bringing Blake 7 back like they did with Doctor Who.
Testing Accessibility

Eamonnca1

Better be good. Paul Darrow as Avon will be a hard act to follow.

ziggysego

Never watched the original, so couldn't comment.
Testing Accessibility

easytiger95

I remember the original Blake's 7 - did they show it in a late afternoon slot, so you thought you were getting some kind of Joe 90/Thunderbirds bit of fluff, only to be presented with the gloomiest bunch of hippies ever to roam the universe, wrestling with deep philosophical issues? I didn't make an effort to get a blake's 7 pencil case.

Speaking of gloomy sci fi, I'm currently making my way through Battlestar Galactica (the remake) and I have to admit, I'm fracking loving it. I never thought anyone could replace Dirk Benedict as Starbuck, but I was so, so wrong....

Eamonnca1

That Battlestar Galactica remake was utterly brilliant. My only criticism is the story got a bit lost towards the end. It's like the writers didn't quite know what to do with it. But it was still stunning to look at, and addictive viewing.

Itchy

Bishops love sci fi