Sean Brady Has Retired.

Are you glad to see him go?
42 (80.8%)
Are you sad to see him go?
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 08, 2014, 03:35:01 PM
Inteeviewed for what? Being present at a meeting in which children raised unsubstantiated allegations? Should the parents also be questioned for their dereliction of duty in not properly getting to the bottom of this?

'Being present'? He was the investigator! The documents he refused to release for 13 years proved that. The had his signature.

Brady got them to sign an oath of secrecy. That was illegal. The oaths had his signature on them.

It was also immoral and sick, and protected child abusers, but that isn't why I believe he should be interviewed.

Almost as sick though is your using the unfortunate parents of child abuse victims as a shield to hide Sean Brady. Classy guy.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I am saying both Brady and the parents made huge errors which would not be repeated in the modern age.But that does not make Brady or the parents bad people.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 08, 2014, 04:44:53 PM
I am saying both Brady and the parents made huge errors which would not be repeated in the modern age.But that does not make Brady or the parents bad people.

Brady swore those boys to secrecy. That was an offence. His signature is on the documents.

You are simply trying to use the parents of victims of clerical abuse to shield Sean Brady. 

The parents of 'Cavan Boy' knew nothing. Brady knew everything after interviewing him. The parents only error was placing their trust in Sean Brady and the Church.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Exactly my point.They should have done much more to find out about what was happening to their children.I knew you would get their eventually

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 08, 2014, 06:07:12 PM
Exactly my point.They should have done much more to find out about what was happening to their children.I knew you would get their eventually

Your point is that the unfortunate parents should never have trusted Sean Brady and the Church, because they were committing crimes in preference to turning rabid pedophiles like Brendan Smyth over to the police?

Fair enough.

MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Reporting the matter to the Police was the proper course of action in the first place and both the Church and Parents failed in that regard.Still I wouldn't be too hard on either party,as neither knew then what we know now,the absolute monstrosity that was Brendan Smyth

T Fearon

http://www.armagharchdiocese.org/2014/10/08/mass-gods-blessing-archbishop-eamon-archdiocese-armagh-2/

Look at that,packed pews to invoke God's Blessing on the new Archbishop of Armagh on Tuesday night!

bennydorano

Rumour going round the Holy stone of Clonrickert was there, might explain the big turnout.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on October 08, 2014, 08:50:50 PM
http://www.armagharchdiocese.org/2014/10/08/mass-gods-blessing-archbishop-eamon-archdiocese-armagh-2/

Look at that,packed pews to invoke God's Blessing on the new Archbishop of Armagh on Tuesday night!
You'd get bigger crowds at some McKenna Cup games.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on October 08, 2014, 08:28:18 PM
Reporting the matter to the Police was the proper course of action in the first place and both the Church and Parents failed in that regard.Still I wouldn't be too hard on either party,as neither knew then what we know now,the absolute monstrosity that was Brendan Smyth

The parents didn't protect 'the absolute monstrosity that was Brendan Smyth', but the Church certainly did. They silenced his victims, told the parents he wouldn't do it again and sent him to fresh parishes to continue his abuse of children.

But you wouldn't be too hard on them.

Why would you be? You still actually blame the victims families.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

The parents have to examine their conscience and ask themselves if they did all they could have done.

McGuire full Cathedral,Brady in altar,Church in rude health despite the minority of any Catholics filled with loathing

IolarCoisCuain

That is a genuinely monstrous thing to say Tony. You should delete it before you get banned for it.

On the bigger issue of child abuse, anyone can see the Church made a balls of it from start to finish. Why is a more complex question, and poorly explored so far, but there you go. History will decide, as it always does.

In the meantime, take down that post and don't make a f**king fool of yourself.

T Fearon

Agreed that the Church made a mess of it and prioritised its reputation.I will not comment on the other aspects of your post suffice to say I disagree with them

imtommygunn

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on October 08, 2014, 11:17:41 PM
That is a genuinely monstrous thing to say Tony. You should delete it before you get banned for it.

On the bigger issue of child abuse, anyone can see the Church made a balls of it from start to finish. Why is a more complex question, and poorly explored so far, but there you go. History will decide, as it always does.

In the meantime, take down that post and don't make a f**king fool of yourself.

It's tame compared to some posts he's made on here. Disgusting. Again.

T Fearon

Yawn,the disgusting thing is that parents failed to delve sufficiently into matters adversely affecting their children.Like it or not that is akin to negligence.