Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Brady Has Retired.

Are you glad to see him go?
42 (80.8%)
Are you sad to see him go?
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

T Fearon

No,just the  same way that you cannot prove it is.But if I'm wrong I've lost nothing,if you're wrong you've lost everything.

Zip Code

Quote from: T Fearon on September 17, 2014, 07:34:02 AM
No,just the  same way that you cannot prove it is.But if I'm wrong I've lost nothing,if you're wrong you've lost everything.

Do you think if there is a God he will look more favorably on an altar lickers who defends the church for child abuse and demonizes those who were abused and the parents of those who were abused, than someone who doesn't believe in his/her existence?

Zip Code

Also does everyone who has never believed lost everything, babies born without being baptised before the "law" changed, are they lost, people who never heard of God are they lost - anyone born before Jesus are they lost.  Murders who repent are they ok - evil child rapists who said the odd mass are they ok, as I said it is all bollocks.

T Fearon

Who are you trying to convince,  me or yourself?

Zip Code

Quote from: T Fearon on September 17, 2014, 09:16:13 AM
Who are you trying to convince,  me or yourself?

Yawn  ;) - Why do you never answer one of my questions.

Answer this one.

Also does everyone who has never believed lost everything, babies born without being baptised before the "law" changed, are they lost, people who never heard of God are they lost - anyone born before Jesus are they lost.  Murders who repent are they ok - evil child rapists who said the odd mass are they ok, as I said it is all bollocks.

Zip Code

Also there are at least 100 Billion Galaxies - does each have a God or is there just the one looking after them / or not looking after them all?

T Fearon

These are mysteries of faith which I can't answer,but if there is a God,and people don't believe in him,he'd hardly going to look too kindly on these people.If you're happy as an atheist,Good Luck!

Zip Code

So what about my question - you are a man of faith surely you could answer this?

Also does everyone who has never believed lost everything, babies born without being baptised before the "law" changed, are they lost, people who never heard of God are they lost - anyone born before Jesus are they lost.  Murders who repent are they ok - evil child rapists who said the odd mass are they ok?

T Fearon

Those are mysteries of faith, no human can answer

Zip Code

Quote from: T Fearon on September 17, 2014, 10:23:57 AM
Those are mysteries of faith, no human can answer

You answered them.

You said people who don't believe will have lost everything - but you do talk some balls.

Hardy

Zip, you're right -  Pascal's wager.

I don't want to divert this into another interminable theism vs. atheism bout, but this basis for "belief" in a god doesn't even claim to be based on a genuine belief or faith, motivation for good or concern for one's fellow man. Never mind reason or logic. It's simply an expression of fear.

deiseach

Pascal's wager is good for a chuckle, but ultimately it's bogus. If God truly exists in the way described in the Bible, He will be able to see into a man's heart and see his belief for what it is - not true 'belief', but a cowardly each-way bet. Hell it is!

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on September 16, 2014, 11:20:47 PM
How is the Church covering up ? If it is why are the Police not arresting people,or arriving with search warrants etc?

I published this already, you ignored it then and will probably ignore it again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/world/americas/whisked-away-vatican-ambassador-accused-of-sexual-abuse-of-minors.html?_r=0

By LAURIE GOODSTEIN AUG. 23, 2014

........But far from settling the matter, the Vatican has stirred an outcry because it helped Mr. Wesolowski avoid criminal prosecution and a possible jail sentence in the Dominican Republic. Acting against its own guidelines for handling abuse cases, the church failed to inform the local authorities of the evidence against him, secretly recalled him to Rome last year before he could be investigated, and then invoked diplomatic immunity for Mr. Wesolowski so that he could not face trial in the Dominican Republic......
MWWSI 2017

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on September 17, 2014, 10:51:19 AM
Pascal's wager is good for a chuckle, but ultimately it's bogus. If God truly exists in the way described in the Bible, He will be able to see into a man's heart and see his belief for what it is - not true 'belief', but a cowardly each-way bet. Hell it is!

So God sees a person, invariably good and honest to those they have dealings with, but doesn't believe in god is damned to eternal fire and damnation whilst an alter rail hugger who goes to the sacraments regularly but is a backboneless spiv who signed children up to an oath of silence allowing a child abuser to go about their evil ways for another decade and more is welcomed into the pearly gates as they say a few hail marys then that's a god I don't want anything to do with!

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on September 17, 2014, 11:05:06 AM
So God sees a person, invariably good and honest to those they have dealings with, but doesn't believe in god is damned to eternal fire and damnation whilst an alter rail hugger who goes to the sacraments regularly but is a backboneless spiv who signed children up to an oath of silence allowing a child abuser to go about their evil ways for another decade and more is welcomed into the pearly gates as they say a few hail marys then that's a god I don't want anything to do with!

That certainly seems to be Tony's God.