Rangers FC to go into administration

Started by Lecale2, February 13, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Of course Celtic are fecked without Rangers. Both on and off the field. Celtic-Rangers is the only cash cow in Scottish football, there was never any way around that.

lynchbhoy

Celtic are not fecked without the Huns.

Will never be enough money in Scottish soccer again to have Celtic competitive at CL level- with or without the Huns , but Celtic will keep winning and dominating most years.
Celtic park not full as there is a bit of a recession still in Scotland !
Attendance still over 35k each home game afaik

Celtic need to get out of Scotland - they would be more attractive to epl without the violent baggage that the hun hoardes bring!

That said, I can't see the Huns be let die as a club.
They are the establishment

thebigfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 22, 2014, 04:37:11 PM

Will never be enough money in Scottish soccer again to have Celtic competitive at CL level- with or without the Huns , but Celtic will keep winning and dominating most years.

Celtic need to get out of Scotland - they would be more attractive to epl without the violent baggage that the hun hoardes bring!

They are not good enough to play league 1 in England let alone premier league. Celtic's problem is the premier league brand is solid enough and they can't bring anything new to the table on their own.

stew

Money talks and the huns are about out of chances, they are a nest of vipers and will feck everyone and anyone to get out of paying what they owe.

They are struggling to get out of the division they are in yet have spent three times more money on wages than the team above them! The mind boggles!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: thebigfella on December 22, 2014, 04:57:23 PM

They are not good enough to play league 1 in England let alone premier league. Celtic's problem is the premier league brand is solid enough and they can't bring anything new to the table on their own.

The point is that if they can get into the lower leagues they can and will work their way up through the ranks, they are good enough to compete with lower level premier teams and if and when they got there they would have the money to compete with the big boys.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

tiempo

Celtic would cruise League 1 in fairness. The sooner Rangers are gone for good the better. Its up to Celtic to put forward their case for inclusion in English football if they want to go that way, they would offer plenty to the Championship and that would be their direct route to the PL.

JoG2

I suppose with their stadium, attendances,  world wide support, history etc they couldn't really add to what Hull, Barnsley, QPR etc bring to the PL

Boycey

Quote from: JoG2 on December 22, 2014, 06:47:11 PM

I suppose with their stadium, attendances,  world wide support, history etc they couldn't really add to what Hull, Barnsley, QPR etc bring to the PL

All fair points, but as a product I don't think the Premier League is crying out for Celtic.. I can't see Premier Leafue clubs voting for it when it'd mean one of them eventually missing out

tiempo

Quote from: Boycey on December 22, 2014, 09:03:48 PM

All fair points, but as a product I don't think the Premier League is crying out for Celtic.. I can't see Premier Leafue clubs voting for it when it'd mean one of them eventually missing out

which is why it'll never happen - turkeys ain't gonnae vote for christmas. however as stated the route to PL is throught the English Championship. i reckon even if a space became available in League 1 they would jump at it and try and do a Sevco through the leagues (albeit with a little less of a stained matress and absolute loss of history, trophies, etc). Question is either who in Championship/League 1 would make way, well by my reckoning either
a) the teams in the Championship/League 1 would jump at the chance to have Celtic in their league
b) eventually (and its a miracle it hasn't happened yet), a team will go belly up lock stock while in situ e.g. Leeds (though it won't be Leeds), maybe a Blackpool, Portsmouth or the likes. Goodbye Blackpool hello Celtic kinda situation

Year 1: promotion to Championship
Year 2/3/4: promotion to PL

anything along those lines would be dreamland for the Celts

Jell 0 Biafra

Never mind the clubs and whether they'd vote to allow it, why would UEFA allow such a move?  Sets a very dangerous precedent from the perspective of the European domestic leagues.

imtommygunn

How come welsh teams can enter the english league? Would it be any different to celtic in england?

(Genuinely don't know and would be surprised to see celtic there but if uefa can allow one can they not allow the other?)

winghalfback

Quote from: Boycey on December 22, 2014, 09:03:48 PM

I think that it must be noted that money talks and Celtic would bring a different dimension to the premier league. They are a much bigger club than the majority of clubs in England and have possibly a bigger fan base than them all. With that money being generated towards Celtic they would challenge in the premier league I have no doubt about this also the extra sponsorship and tv deals that there would be with having a club of Glasgow Celtics stature in the EPL means it would be beneficial both ways. Ofcourse the teams at the bottom of the EPL and top of the championship would vote against this ever happening as has been already pointed out one of them would loose out on a spot. I would put them into the championship and let them come out of this and work their way up to the top flight on merit but honestly it will never happen. I can see an elite league happening whether it be a European type 12 team league or an atlantic coast style league consisting of teams from east coast America and western europe happening quicker.
Onto rangers as a season ticket holder at Celtic Park I couldn't care about themuns they cheated their way through life for long enough and have got caught serves them right. I doubt if they will fold as I don't think Ashley will let it happen but it will be interesting to see what punishment they will receive this time.

tiempo

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 22, 2014, 10:27:49 PM
How come welsh teams can enter the english league? Would it be any different to celtic in england?

(Genuinely don't know and would be surprised to see celtic there but if uefa can allow one can they not allow the other?)

The welsh teams inclusion would be the precident in my opinion and if the decision was properly lobbied and agreed then no reason for UEFA to stop it i would imagine. The whole Celtic Sevco as a package notion needs to be shelved, and it does kinda infultrate the Celtic to English football debate. Sevco are in the position they find themselves for good reason, why should that impact Celtic just because they have been prudent?

lynchbhoy

I agree with stew's reply !

To be honest a couple of seasons ago they would have been but not now
But I left out the line where I think they should start in the second tier.
Even if it was div 4 they'd still earn their way up quickly enough - and the money they would get would have Celtic in top 7 in no time.
After that I don't know - unless Mon went back ...

screenexile

Sorry but someone just said Celtic have a bigger fan base than Utd, Lpool, Chelsea, City... Celtics support comes from the green side of Glasgow, Green side of the North, some Free Staters and a class of weins in Thailand!!

For Celtic to move forward from here they need Rangers back or they need to get into England. Their appeal and fan base will continue to decline unless either of these 2 things happen.