The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

If it's the hope that kills you, I won't last into the New Year. There have been signs of life in recent games and I was actually pretty confident going into the game - no one better than Arsenal for when you are feeling vulnerable - and for 46 minutes it looked like I was justified to be confident. I know it's frustrating to not hold out to half-time, but if it were that simple then you divvy the game up into 90/100 minute increments of 'holding out' and no one would ever concede a goal. However, confidence being what it is you knew Liverpool were going to take that to heart and defeat looked inevitable. So to escape with a point, especially in the manner they did...it's the hope that kills you.

Mikhailov

think we played well yesterday but the team lacks confidence in themselves and beginning to look like they have lost a bit of confidence in BR as well. This new set up works well but surely it is 100% perfect for Moreno on the LHS and then put Markovic further up the pitch or even on the RHS and swap Hendo for Lucas. Morreno and Markovic have searing pace and that is the first requirement for the wide role. We dominated possession all game apart from a 10 minute spell but couldn't convert which is an ongoing problem which needs rectified next month whether Sturridge returns or not. Sell Borini for 10M, Balotelli for 7M and put a bit more to it and get ourselves a decent proven striker who will score goals and more importantly suit the system. Balotelli and lambert do not suit the style that BR wishes to play so why have them....

team going forward should be;
                           BJ
       Kolo            Skertl           Sahko
Markovic     Hendo    Gerrard   Moreno
              Lallana      Coutinho
                     Sterling

When we lose the ball we have numbers in midfield and when we regain the ball we have plenty of options for going forward with pace out wide and up top.

Easier said than done however.....

JoG2

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 22, 2014, 09:35:45 AM
think we played well yesterday but the team lacks confidence in themselves and beginning to look like they have lost a bit of confidence in BR as well. This new set up works well but surely it is 100% perfect for Moreno on the LHS and then put Markovic further up the pitch or even on the RHS and swap Hendo for Lucas. Morreno and Markovic have searing pace and that is the first requirement for the wide role. We dominated possession all game apart from a 10 minute spell but couldn't convert which is an ongoing problem which needs rectified next month whether Sturridge returns or not. Sell Borini for 10M, Balotelli for 7M and put a bit more to it and get ourselves a decent proven striker who will score goals and more importantly suit the system. Balotelli and lambert do not suit the style that BR wishes to play so why have them....

BJ
              Lallana      Coutinho
                     Sterling

When we lose the ball we have numbers in midfield and when we regain the ball we have plenty of options for going forward with pace out wide and up top.

no way! Lucas has been one of the few shining lights in the last month or two for me. Henderson has regressed from last year at a severe rate of knots. Maybe the criticism is ott at times. He had a good season last year, his limitations hidden somewhat. He does not have the skill set, and more importantly the brain to read the game as a covering midfielder.

What to do with Gerrard and Henderson are the 2 biggest questions for me

Gerrard: either play him in a more attacking role or not at all. Opposition players are literally drifting past him at their leisure. For whats its worth, Id start him in the more advanced role

Henderson: 100% not on the wing thats for sure. He's not a winger and offers very little going forward. The jury is out on Can, but Henderson would be behind Lucas and Allen but still a decent enough player to have about as he is, erm,  fast and athletic.

A productive festive period could really spur them on. The work rate needs to remain relentless though

supersub

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 22, 2014, 09:35:45 AM

BJ
              Lallana      Coutinho
                     Sterling

Email it to BR sure..

imtommygunn

"Brad Jones's selection is fast approaching the point where its rationale will make for future memoir extracts in a tabloid near you. I don't expect to know now, but a hard hitting tell all shocker in five years time is what it is going to take for me to understand it. "Simon Mignolet did WHAT!?" I'd have to say. Because nothing else makes quite enough sense even if I put my back into it. Evertonian taxi drivers want to get on this. You could tell me anything Mignolet did and I'd take it as Gospel.

Simon Mignolet kicked a dog to death in front of the Under 14s. Pass it on."

deiseach

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 22, 2014, 01:59:00 PMEvertonian taxi drivers want to get on this.

Hardly. If they don't find out what it is, they'll just make something up.

Minus15

Sami resigned from Brighton today. Wonder could he be drafted into the coaching team at Anfield?

Bingo

Quote from: Minus15 on December 22, 2014, 11:10:04 PM
Sami resigned from Brighton today. Wonder could he be drafted into the coaching team at Anfield?

Of better again, into the first 11.

Gabriel_Hurl

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

Bingo

Three points and in top half of table. Display poor but settled a bit.

Swansea and Leicester at home. Possible 6 pts? Possible but unlikely probable.

cadhlancian

Good 3 points. These type of games were being lost a few weeks ago. For all the Henderson apologists on here, please spare me. He is so technically limited it's embarrassing . He can nothing when he receives the ball other than lay it back or go sideways. Work rate will take you so far, but his lack of real quality in the final third of the field is hard to hide. Tbh, you could say the same for Lucas and Joe Allen.

J70

Poor performance and a lucky 3 points.

Mignolet letting the back pass run out for a corner...???

supersub

Quote from: J70 on December 27, 2014, 04:02:02 AM
Poor performance and a lucky 3 points.

Mignolet letting the back pass run out for a corner...???

Who does that remind me of..