Luke Loughlin

Started by tonto1888, May 27, 2023, 08:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Mods, delete if not appropriate.
At the end of the game I wanted to go on to the field and shake this man's hand. Given the manner of their defeat I didn't think it appropriate. I've nearly 8 years sober and it can be a struggle at times. Reading his story last year and hearing him on a podcast was brilliant. It really helps when I'm down and gives me inspiration to keep up with my own training. I would have liked to have let him know that. If anyone from WM knows him could maybe tell him that his opening up about his addiction has been an inspiration and help to someone else that would be great

tonto1888

Wildweasel74

It's good to know a player influence can have a good effect outside of football.

tonto1888

Quote from: sensini on May 27, 2023, 09:54:21 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 27, 2023, 08:48:54 PM
At the end of the game I wanted to go on to the field and shake this man's hand. Given the manner of their defeat I didn't think it appropriate. I've nearly 8 years sober and it can be a struggle at times. Reading his story last year and hearing him on a podcast was brilliant. It really helps when I'm down and gives me inspiration to keep up with my own training. I would have liked to have let him know that. If anyone from WM knows him could maybe tell him that his opening up about his addiction has been an inspiration and help to someone else that would be great

Looks like he is only active on instagram which I don't use

You should contact him via social media if he on Facebook or Twitter.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 27, 2023, 08:48:54 PM

Good man Tonto.

Gold

He was excellent today
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."