Donegal - A mess

Started by toby47, March 22, 2023, 03:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Surely needs a thread of it's own?

Paddy Carr now gone, on top of the mess with the academy/Karl Lacey

J70

Absolute shameful conduct on our part. I feel really bad for him.

J70

Who'll want it now?

Who wants to deal with the cesspit that is Donegal GAA?

Ethan Tremblay

Whats the story behind this then? Did he leave, players oust him, or what? Thread title appropriate btw.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Dreadnought

Feel really bad for him. Was on a hiding to nothing, and seems the players have pushed him. Only got the job very late when most counties had things in place and started training. And what with the mess in their county re the academy and so on. Donegal not looking very good in this

Dreadnought

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on March 22, 2023, 03:37:27 PM
Whats the story behind this then? Did he leave, players oust him, or what? Thread title appropriate btw.

He mentions on discussion with the senior team in his press release. Any reading between the lines there is saying they wanted him out

J70

Quote from: Dreadnought on March 22, 2023, 03:39:21 PM

He mentions on discussion with the senior team in his press release. Any reading between the lines there is saying they wanted him out

No other way to read that.

clarshack

This is the kind of thing that takes years to recover from.

J70

The recovery should start with a clean sweep of the county board. The chairman is new, but this needs a new start and some serious soul searching within the county.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/03/22/paddy-carr-resigns-as-donegal-manager-after-just-five-months-in-the-job/
In a brief statement released by Donegal GAA, Carr said: "Following a discussion with some senior members of the Donegal football team, I want to announce that I'm stepping away from the position of Donegal team Manager with immediate effect.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: clarshack on March 22, 2023, 03:42:54 PM

This happened in Cork Hurling in the mid-90's. They've never really recovered from it.

Sometimes you need a civil war to clear the air and move on.

seafoid

This also due to the split season because it is impossible for counties to shake off poor form with no break between the end of the league and the start of the championship. There is no downtime to work on problems.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

Morale should be good for the Hyde on Sunday. :)

Mourne Red

The Co Board will appoint Kavanagh and Murphy as a coach like the players wanted all along

Cyril Farrell fan

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 22, 2023, 03:55:22 PM
Quote from: clarshack on March 22, 2023, 03:42:54 PM

This happened in Cork Hurling in the mid-90's. They've never really recovered from it.

Sometimes you need a civil war to clear the air and move on.
You're a decade too early for Cork. Though it would have been great if they shot themselves in the foot back in the 90s.