Who needs a goalie to take 45s?

Started by armaghniac, May 28, 2014, 07:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: orangeman on June 02, 2014, 08:52:47 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 02, 2014, 08:51:27 AM
Morgan kicked an absolute monster last night in the club championship (he was playing at 11 for his club)
just about inside the halfway line, i would say it was around 60m.

I heard it was half way.

I heard it was a kick out.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

J OGorman

Quote from: Jinxy on June 02, 2014, 11:32:53 AM
Quote from: orangeman on June 02, 2014, 08:52:47 AM
Morgan kicked an absolute monster last night in the club championship (he was playing at 11 for his club)

I heard it was half way.

I heard it was a kick out.

with his weaker foot

muppet

All this talk of time wasting would disappear if the clock stopped and timing was done on the sideline.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

I'd say if you stopped the clock for every dead ball, the game would take about 2 hours to complete.

blewuporstuffed

I once videoed an underage game for one of our managers , i only recorded when the ball was in play, pausing the camera for stopages, kickouts,freekicks, injuries etc.
the who game was only 34 minutes long
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2014, 09:15:45 AM
I'd say if you stopped the clock for every dead ball, the game would take about 2 hours to complete.

By that logic it would take an hour to complete each half as against 35 mins currently. Thus you reckon there is 25 mins of time wasted for dead balls in each half?

Regardless, the women seem to have managed for decades with the ref relieved of timekeeping and the dreaded decision of how much injury time is needed.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Almost Muppet. I've seen stats on time of 'ball in play' and it's averaging just over half the game. I shit you not.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2014, 11:51:23 AM
Almost Muppet. I've seen stats on time of 'ball in play' and it's averaging just over half the game. I shit you not.

I would believe that. But if you limit stopping the clock to frees shoooting for goal, 45s, kickouts and, say, injuries, it gets rid of most tactical and annoying delays. Frees from the hand sped up that aspect of the game already so no need for change there.
MWWSI 2017

Zulu

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2014, 11:51:23 AM

That's true of every team sport, give or take.

AZOffaly

Yes, but I thought muppet was suggesting an 'out of play' clock, like in basketball. That's why I said the game would take hours to complete. I never said the time of ball in play was a problem, but it's amazing how much out of play it is in reality.

blanketattack

Quote from: hardstation on June 02, 2014, 08:53:02 AM
Jaysus, that's late for a football game.

That means he kicked a monster at midnight. Must have been a gremlin

Croí na hÉireann

With keepers taking 45's you'd think Kerry would give Sheehan a run in the goals.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 04, 2014, 10:45:14 AM
With keepers taking 45's you'd think Kerry would give Sheehan a run in the goals.

He used to be the Minor goalie as well.