Ireland does Narcos

Started by Therealdonald, July 05, 2018, 11:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: Snapchap on July 10, 2018, 11:36:46 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2018, 11:29:12 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on July 10, 2018, 11:25:26 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on July 10, 2018, 11:10:47 AM
Sadly, rural Tyrone is saturated by this poison among our young people. I have zero sympathy for any little toerag that ever indulges in the stuff. Aside from the decision to let themselves down by taking it, they are also letting down their families and their communities down, because drugs destroy these things. Anyone in rural mid-Tyrone will know of the stories of devastation that cocaine has brought to a number of families in recent times. And aside form letting down themselves and their families, they are also lining the pockets of drug dealing vermin. While it's great to have a peace process, it has to be acknowledged that in rural Republican areas like mid Tyrone, there was a proudly zero tolerance attitude to drug users and dealers, and people here grew up through those times proud to live in areas free from the poison. To any young person using cocaine - take a good f***ing look at yourself.

Was that the same republicans dealing the stuff out to the young people while adopting a zero tolerance attitude to their competition?

Was going to say that, plenty 'Ra men' would be dabbling in coke, and blow..

plenty poison out there being sold to people thats legal! Drink and cigs cause as much death if not more that Coke! I suppose that's a different story

Maybe in Belfast (no doubt you are more qualified to talk about there than me) but in rural Tyrone villages during the years of the troubles, it was republicans who kept areas completely free from drugs.

In rural Tyrone, it was the republicans who kept the areas supplied. It was different types of drugs at that time but lets not kid ourselves, the local "RA" was up to their necks in it.

Ecstasy and Speed was rife in nearly every village and town throughout Tyrone the mid to late 90s. So they weren't doing a very good job  ;D

GetOverTheBar

Sadly, rural Tyrone is saturated by this poison among our young people. I have zero sympathy for any little toerag that ever indulges in the stuff. Aside from the decision to let themselves down by taking it, they are also letting down their families and their communities down, because drugs destroy these things. Anyone in rural mid-Tyrone will know of the stories of devastation that cocaine has brought to a number of families in recent times. And aside form letting down themselves and their families, they are also lining the pockets of drug dealing vermin. While it's great to have a peace process, it has to be acknowledged that in rural Republican areas like mid Tyrone, there was a proudly zero tolerance attitude to drug users and dealers, and people here grew up through those times proud to live in areas free from the poison. To any young person using cocaine - take a good f***ing look at yourself.

Was that the same republicans dealing the stuff out to the young people while adopting a zero tolerance attitude to their competition?

plenty poison out there being sold to people thats legal! Drink and cigs cause as much death if not more that Coke! I suppose that's a different story

Completely agree, lets not forget that alcohol and tobacco are indeed drugs - they are just seen as morally acceptable drugs all the while they cause more deaths more than kind of illegal drug known to man. It's a strange set up. I've often heard ones talk about sc**bag druggies sipping on a pint, rarely bother to get into it to be honest.

haranguerer

Its the psychological effect of the law. Since the sugar tax came in in the north I've found myself thinking about full sugar drinks differently -  if grab one it almost feels as though drinking a pint or something. Wouldn't have passed any remarks since before the law changed (although was no less aware of the amount of sugar they contained and how bad for me they were)

Snapchap

Quote from: thebigfella on July 10, 2018, 12:16:15 PM

Maybe in Belfast (no doubt you are more qualified to talk about there than me) but in rural Tyrone villages during the years of the troubles, it was republicans who kept areas completely free from drugs.

In rural Tyrone, it was the republicans who kept the areas supplied. It was different types of drugs at that time but lets not kid ourselves, the local "RA" was up to their necks in it.

Ecstasy and Speed was rife in nearly every village and town throughout Tyrone the mid to late 90s. So they weren't doing a very good job  ;D

Jesus wept, what sort of bullshiters are on this site ::)

rosnarun

if its so rampant , who here takes it or are the last bastion in the war on drugs,
or just a bunch of hypocrites
or it not really that big an issue  there are always degenerate  who only excuse is normally 'Sure every one is at it'
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

thebigfella

Quote from: Snapchap on July 10, 2018, 01:39:44 PM

Could say the same.... plenty of lads running around smacking the heads of themselves years back in every pub, club etc.... Either the republicans were f**king useless or there was a certain amount turning a blind eye.

Franko

Quote from: thebigfella on July 10, 2018, 03:31:43 PM

Could say the same.... plenty of lads running around smacking the heads of themselves years back in every pub, club etc.... Either the republicans were f**king useless or there was a certain amount turning a blind eye.

Calling bullshit on this one.  I'm not from Tyrone but grew up in a rural area in the north.  I never once encountered anything except cannabis (rarely) until I went to uni.  No doubt there were people at it, but it most certainly wasn't 'rife'.

thebigfella

Quote from: Franko on July 10, 2018, 04:03:03 PM

Calling bullshit on this one.  I'm not from Tyrone but grew up in a rural area in the north.  I never once encountered anything except cannabis (rarely) until I went to uni.  No doubt there were people at it, but it most certainly wasn't 'rife'.

Call bullshit all you want but I grew up in a rural area too. People may have been a bit less open about it but it was going on and you'd be surprised at who was at it. FFS some pubs were worse than the one in shameless at times.

The recreational drug of choice may have changed but in terms of recreational drug use, i'd say there is not as much as an upward trend as people think. We are just more educated and aware than 20 years ago, hence it is more obvious.

Franko

Quote from: thebigfella on July 10, 2018, 04:24:43 PM

Call bullshit all you want but I grew up in a rural area too. People may have been a bit less open about it but it was going on and you'd be surprised at who was at it. FFS some pubs were worse than the one in shameless at times.

The recreational drug of choice may have changed but in terms of recreational drug use, i'd say there is not as much as an upward trend as people think. We are just more educated and aware than 20 years ago, hence it is more obvious.

Fair enough, that was clearly your experience but mine couldn't have been more different.  Must have been a rough area if that was the case.  I worked and drank in the local pubs round our way and never once saw, or heard of anything remotely like that happening.  And there most certainly weren't people walking/lying round the streets like zombies.

thebigfella

Quote from: Franko on July 10, 2018, 05:20:28 PM

Fair enough, that was clearly your experience but mine couldn't have been more different.  Must have been a rough area if that was the case. I worked and drank in the local pubs round our way and never once saw, or heard of anything remotely like that happening.  And there most certainly weren't people walking/lying round the streets like zombies.

Nope, far from it. You'd be surprised who was partaking in yokes too.

We are talking about recreational use but there was plenty of alcoholics lying around the streets or beating the wife's....

Franko

Quote from: thebigfella on July 10, 2018, 11:58:03 PM

Fair enough, that was clearly your experience but mine couldn't have been more different.  Must have been a rough area if that was the case. I worked and drank in the local pubs round our way and never once saw, or heard of anything remotely like that happening.  And there most certainly weren't people walking/lying round the streets like zombies.

We are talking about recreational use but there was plenty of alcoholics lying around the streets or beating the wife's....

Yeah, not denying there was plenty of that, but that's not what we're discussing.

I'm sorry, but if you had pubs in your area that were worse than the shameless one then either the area was rough AF or it was a magnet for every sc**bag from the surrounding areas.

None of this sort of shit happened round our way.  Ever.

trailer

Quote from: Franko on July 11, 2018, 08:45:35 AM

Yeah, not denying there was plenty of that, but that's not what we're discussing.

I'm sorry, but if you had pubs in your area that were worse than the shameless one then either the area was rough AF or it was a magnet for every sc**bag from the surrounding areas.

Sometimes people just don't see it. They don't know what to look for. When you know what to look for, you soon start seeing it everywhere. Believe me, it's in your town or village.

Franko

Quote from: trailer on July 11, 2018, 08:52:40 AM
Quote from: Franko on July 11, 2018, 08:45:35 AM

Sometimes people just don't see it. They don't know what to look for. When you know what to look for, you soon start seeing it everywhere. Believe me, it's in your town or village.

I know what to look for.  I've no doubt it IS (currently).  We are talking about 20+ years ago though, when it most certainly wasn't.

awideisneverasgood

20+ years ago, there were plenty of people heading to the arena, exit 15, circus circus and other places were they could take their drugs of choice fairly openly.  These places don't really exist any more so people are doing it in their local pubs and are probably more noticeable.

Also, the security staff in a lot of these places would have had republican connection so to suggest that the IRA was responsible for keeping drugs out of rural tyrone is laughable.

thebigfella

Quote from: awideisneverasgood on July 11, 2018, 11:57:31 AM
20+ years ago, there were plenty of people heading to the arena, exit 15, circus circus and other places were they could take their drugs of choice fairly openly.  These places don't really exist any more so people are doing it in their local pubs and are probably more noticeable.

Also, the security staff in a lot of these places would have had republican connection so to suggest that the IRA was responsible for keeping drugs out of rural tyrone is laughable.

;)