NFL Div 2 2020

Started by Laoiseabu, October 18, 2019, 12:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

I agree that last weekend was on a different level in terms of work rate. And I'm not so sure that Donie would fit into that system. But it's important to remember his many contributions to the jersey. He was and is a very fine individual player. Is he a luxury we cannot afford? For the first time ever for me anyway, last weekend suggested that might be the case. I was genuinely surprised at the level of intensity and work we brought to the table. That hasn't been there in the longest time, and it's very welcome back. Long may it last, win lose or draw.

Giovanni

Fully agree HF.

For me, this article is hugely encouraging because it understands the importance of the county team at so many levels.

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2020/02/07/laois-football-boss-wants-to-create-stronger-bond-between-team-and-supporters/

Chrimtain

Quote from: Giovanni on February 07, 2020, 09:16:41 AM
Fully agree HF.

For me, this article is hugely encouraging because it understands the importance of the county team at so many levels.

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2020/02/07/laois-football-boss-wants-to-create-stronger-bond-between-team-and-supporters/

Interesting read.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

The day is wrong on this, should be Sunday 9th Feb...

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

Awful day out there. I'd be amazed if this game goes ahead today, and with people traveling a fair distance, an early update is needed. The pitch wasn't great last Saturday night anyway, and it's due to be a double header too

Ambrose

You can't live off history and tradition forever

High Fielder

Good work by Laois GAA. Get the message out as early as possible and save people a wasted journey.

We can all head to the count centre in Portlaoise now to look at the best connected people in the Constituency clap each other on the back for being the best connected people in the Constituency. What a racket

portlaoisekid

Any word on the refixed Cavan game?  Next Sunday I assume?

Tony

Quote from: High Fielder on February 09, 2020, 08:56:08 AM
Good work by Laois GAA. Get the message out as early as possible and save people a wasted journey.

We can all head to the count centre in Portlaoise now to look at the best connected people in the Constituency clap each other on the back for being the best connected people in the Constituency. What a racket
You're getting political there HF, nice segway  :D :D

Chrimtain

Cavan match to be played next Sunday at 1PM.

The Boy Wonder

Match time has been changed to 2pm.
Went to my local SuperValu today to buy tickets and they were charging full €20 instead of pre-purchase price of €15.
I didn't purchase and checked on GAA.ie later - it does show pre-purchase price should be €15.
Back to SuperValu tomorrow - maybe their system didn't take into account that original fixture was postponed.

rodney trotter

Was listening to Cahair Healy speaking with Shane Stapleton, he trains in London Tuesdays and Thursday and flies back for games at weekend. A big commitment, though he's been doing it a good while.  Would he not be better to play with London?

portlaoisekid

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 12, 2020, 05:00:40 PM
Was listening to Cahair Healy speaking with Shane Stapleton, he trains in London Tuesdays and Thursday and flies back for games at weekend. A big commitment, though he's been doing it a good while.  Would he not be better to play with London?
He is doing that for years for his club let alone county, of course for an easier life he could play over there but he loves his club and county and wont let a little factor like living in another country get in the way of that.

We have some great lads across the codes but trust me its not a typical Laois attitude.

Zooming around

I have always loved Cahir's attitude. He has travelled over and back from London for years whilst others couldn't be bothered driving 8/10 miles to training.

Itchy

Well lads, what the chances of thos game going ahead tomorrow?