Irish News

Started by WT4E, July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 05:14:40 PM
Is it not the duty of a newspaper to simply report the news?

A man is gay hardly front page stuff any news on all the bible references that homosexuals are going to hell.

bennydorano

Quote from: No wides on May 14, 2016, 04:59:13 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 14, 2016, 04:37:29 PM
Best of luck to Rory, a real gent, I hope he finds happiness. 

Not surprised that the Irish News carried the story, it is newsworthy if we're honest, embarrassing to a thoroughly nice man, but still newsworthy.

It's hardly front page and then to contine the article by referencing a priest reportedly doing a line of coke, sc**bag journalism it is a complete rag.
At a Nazi fancy dress party no less. You'da thought that was a better front page lead to be fair.

T Fearon

Priests should be leading lives of example.If they are not able to do so they should leave the priesthood then their activities will not be newsworthy.

93-DY-SAM

Tony you are a disgrace. Go and read comments from the Irish News Facebook page and you'll see the true meaning of Christianity. I know Rory personally since he celebrated our wedding and a more decent down to earth fella you could not wish to meet. The church needs more Rory Coyles and less clowns like you. If so we'd all be in a better place. Regardless of what path he choses he deverves to be treated with compassion and respect. That's true Christianity in practice.

T Fearon

Oh dear,you don't understand Christianity at all.Christ's mission was to atone for sin and urge repentance,not to indulge sinners who were in other respects nice people,I'm afraid.

Try to understand this,it's not exactly rocket science.You cannot with any credibility be a Catholic cleric (or a cleric in any other Christian denomination) if you are homosexual,when one of the core beliefs of your Church is that homosexuality is sinful.How can you condemn sin when you actively practice it yourself.Doesn't matter how many people on Facebook think you're a nice guy,I'm afraid.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 05:56:55 PM
Priests should be leading lives of example.If they are not able to do so they should leave the priesthood then their activities will not be newsworthy.

Like sean brady faciltating child abuse and refusing to leave when he was shown to be doing so.

93-DY-SAM

I'll not be lectured by anyone about what my definition of Christanity is. I hope if something comes to your door in conflict with your beliefs you are offered the care and compassion all decent people deserve.

I've nothing more to say on this.

T Fearon

No Wides.That's Bullshit.Investigating and swiftly reporting child abuse allegations heard,to your superiors,is not facilitating child abuse.It is swift and decisive action.Catch yourself on. >:(

By your argument you presumably would contend that parents not reporting child abuse allegations to the Police is also facilitating child abuse?

T Fearon

93-DY-SAM Everyone should be offered compassion and respect in times of trouble,no argument on that whatsoever.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 06:49:56 PM
No Wides.That's Bullshit.Investigating and swiftly reporting child abuse allegations heard,to your superiors,is not facilitating child abuse.It is swift and decisive action.Catch yourself on. >:(

By your argument you presumably would contend that parents not reporting child abuse allegations to the Police is also facilitating child abuse?

A person in authority protecting the reputation of his church before the safety of vunerable children was facillitating a known abuser to rape and abuse again and again.

No wides

Are you going to post gods decree that homosexuality is a sin and not to be entertained in the church or are you just going to keep ignoring the question?

T Fearon

100% wrong as usual.A junior priest being asked to investigate another priest he'd never heard of,reports accurately and timeously his findings to his superiors.Job done,conscience clear.

Nigel White

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 06:59:32 PM
100% wrong as usual.A junior priest being asked to investigate another priest he'd never heard of,reports accurately and timeously his findings to his superiors.Job done,conscience clear.
Oh dear, oh dear.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 06:59:32 PM

Yip looked after the reputation of his corrupt church and allowed a known abuser to continue raping children.  Conscience clear as like you he is anything but christian and only cared about his church and job and to hell with the kids getting raped,  degraded and humiliated.

No wides

Anyword on gods decree about homosexuality?