Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 26, 2019, 07:26:24 PM
Gonna remain neutral on Brexit but wants a second referendum  :-\

What is the actual problem you have with this?

Not being neutral isn't in itself a solution and I think we can agree isn't a solution at all.

Swinson isn't neutral but her position is completely laughable

Johnson isn't neutral but look at the detail of his deal and ponder why he won't rule out no deal,

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on November 27, 2019, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 27, 2019, 12:12:52 PM
Let's just remember that the majority of people working within the media will be losers under Corbyn's proposed manifesto. They are likely to be Tory voters and the majority of newspapers in the UK are Tory leaning due largely to economic policies. They have carried out another relentless assault job on Corbyn since the date the election was announced yet his vote is still holding up albeit not growing in any meaningful way based on polling. Whatever about policies Corbyn is real life, Johnson and his media sympathisers are anything but, theirs is a sheltered privileged world totally removed from the realities of daily life.

This Labour no.1 excuse. The media are against us.
There is far too much weight put on this and it needs to be called out.

Disagree.

The red tops dictate who many of their readers will actually vote for

Kidder81

Quote from: johnnycool on November 27, 2019, 01:17:34 PM
Let's just remember that the majority of people working within the media will be losers under Corbyn's proposed manifesto. They are likely to be Tory voters and the majority of newspapers in the UK are Tory leaning due largely to economic policies. They have carried out another relentless assault job on Corbyn since the date the election was announced yet his vote is still holding up albeit not growing in any meaningful way based on polling. Whatever about policies Corbyn is real life, Johnson and his media sympathisers are anything but, theirs is a sheltered privileged world totally removed from the realities of daily life.

I've taken to "following" Laura Kuenssberg and there's a definite trait to her tweets.

She went after Corbyn for not outright apologising for anti-semitism but when this morning when Corbyn produced the trade documents her first instinct was to challenge their veracity and then to suggest that there's nothing in them..

Have a wee gander for yourself.

Make no mistake post Brexit the US will have the UK under the cosh and will get whatever concessions it wants out of the UK government and pharma will be at the front of the queue.

Not just Laura Keunnsberg has challenged the veracity of what Corbyn is saying, do some research folks, think some think Corbyn, a man that want to run the country shouldn't be challenged on anything and if he is you are some sort of right wing maniac, and Owen Jones should be the only person allowed to interview Corbyn 

smelmoth

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 27, 2019, 04:48:19 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on November 26, 2019, 07:37:48 PM
@JohnRentoul The Waspi section of that interview was quite the worst performance by a front line politician I've ever seen

I'm no fan of Corbyn but Neill was just being silly there.... He wouldn't let him speak. Corbyn told him he was gonna borrow which is what he wanted him to get him to say. But then neil still declared he didnt know how he was going to pay for it.
Even mainstream political journalists seem to have surpassed politicians these days with faux outrage and dramatics

The key is how difficult a time Neil will give Johnson. Neil is the editor and chairman of The Spectator. Not exactly neutral. He pays the wages of Rod Liddle. Not exactly got clean hands on the issue or racism. He has paid Boris a wage in the past.

There are real issues about BoJo, the Tory campaign, their manifest, the people around BoJo etc. Neil needs to hit these issues hard

seafoid

I've taken to "following" Laura Kuenssberg and there's a definite trait to her tweets.

She went after Corbyn for not outright apologising for anti-semitism but when this morning when Corbyn produced the trade documents her first instinct was to challenge their veracity and then to suggest that there's nothing in them..

Make no mistake post Brexit the US will have the UK under the cosh and will get whatever concessions it wants out of the UK government and pharma will be at the front of the queue.
The NHS will be first

smelmoth

https://evolvepolitics.com/bbc-chiefs-say-its-wrong-to-expose-boris-johnsons-lies-because-it-undermines-trust-in-democracy/

The playing field certainly isn't level

johnnycool

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 27, 2019, 01:24:29 PM

Not just Laura Keunnsberg has challenged the veracity of what Corbyn is saying, do some research folks, think some think Corbyn, a man that want to run the country shouldn't be challenged on anything and if he is you are some sort of right wing maniac, and Owen Jones should be the only person allowed to interview Corbyn

She was challenging the veracity of the leaked documents which from some accounts have been available for a few weeks on Reddit.

Not saying Corbyn shouldn't be challenged but there's a more aggressive manner as to how he's interviewed than those letting Boris get away with his buffoonery.

It will be interesting how Neil goes after Boris.

trailer

If people think that the vast majority of voters are sitting down to read The Spectator magazine then I don't know what to say. Look around you. Look at who everyday people vote for in NI, in the UK, in Ireland. Get real. Blaming the traditional media is a lame excuse. Go out and ask 10 people on the street who Owen Jones is, who Rod Liddle is and who Patrick Maguire is.
In 1997 it "was the sun wot won it" today the media has been disrupted and no longer holds the same clout.

Kidder81

Quote from: smelmoth on November 27, 2019, 01:26:27 PM
@JohnRentoul The Waspi section of that interview was quite the worst performance by a front line politician I've ever seen

I'm no fan of Corbyn but Neill was just being silly there.... He wouldn't let him speak. Corbyn told him he was gonna borrow which is what he wanted him to get him to say. But then neil still declared he didnt know how he was going to pay for it.
Even mainstream political journalists seem to have surpassed politicians these days with faux outrage and dramatics

The key is how difficult a time Neil will give Johnson. Neil is the editor and chairman of The Spectator. Not exactly neutral. He pays the wages of Rod Liddle. Not exactly got clean hands on the issue or racism. He has paid Boris a wage in the past.

There are real issues about BoJo, the Tory campaign, their manifest, the people around BoJo etc. Neil needs to hit these issues hard

Have you EVER heard anyone say he is anything other than fair and equitable to all who he interviews as in he skewers them all, no doubt regardless of how he deals with Johnson people with their preconceived prejudices will think he has got an easy ride.

Walter Cronc

A vile individual. Much like Swinson I never trust a union loving Scot.

DuffleKing

I really can't see Bojo turning up for Neil

smelmoth

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 27, 2019, 02:41:54 PM

That would be brazen

smelmoth

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 27, 2019, 02:06:46 PM

Have you EVER heard anyone say he is anything other than fair and equitable to all who he interviews as in he skewers them all, no doubt regardless of how he deals with Johnson people with their preconceived prejudices will think he has got an easy ride.

Im saying he needs to hit him hard. If he doesn't there will be a reaction. Not sure what the problem with that is.

Neil is definitely not impartial when he is away from the BBC. Don't think anybody can doubt that. We can say for certain where his sympathies lie. On the BBC I agree Brillo grills whoever is in front of him. But BBC's attitude to BoJo and calling him out will come under scrutiny again if Brillo pulls in his claws 

seafoid

Quote from: DuffleKing on November 27, 2019, 02:41:54 PM

He isn't going to turn up . "BBC unable to fix a date" per the New European

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/bbc-andrew-neil-interview-with-boris-johnson-1-6397380

screenexile

BBC shouldn't have aired anything until they had agreement from all the Party Leaders they would attend. The Conservatives have run the most bland nothing campaign ever and they're still going to win easy it's disgusting. As long as Boris doesn't f**k up the campaign team are happy.

There is no way that slimey sneaky f**k is going on for Neil to destroy him. Peston has made mince meat of him before as well so he'll not go near him either. f**king Kuenssberg will get some time with him on the campaign trail to throw a load of softballs at him.

Bullshit!!