A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

The No side is fighting back here....
By the way not everyone has to pay Doctors for a consultation, possibly 50% now.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2023, 09:03:24 PM
By the way not everyone has to pay Doctors for a consultation, possibly 50% now.

How many of the 50% who pay claim it back off their medical insurance?

armaghniac

Most people just pay their GP, they do not pay for cover for GPS rather getting cover for Consultants, hospitals and the like.
Likewise in the North, many have private dentists and just ody them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JPGJOHNNYG

Leo saying it will happen in his life time. Column wanting a poll in 2030. This is not going away no matter how much unionism seems to want to bury its head in the sand

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 08, 2023, 09:23:09 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2023, 09:03:24 PM

How many of the 50% who pay claim it back off their medical insurance?
No idea, some Health Insurance plans give you some percentage refunds.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: johnnycool on September 08, 2023, 03:43:17 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2023, 01:36:42 PM
Also remaining is the Unionist mindset  that most Catholics live on benefits which are much lower in the 26.

And everyone pays €50 to see a GP in the South all the while you'd do well to see a GP in the North for at least two weeks!

Yeah, the NHS is free at the point of use, but if you can't access the services due to lack of resources, what's the point?

Another great lie by Unionists and Loyalists - the great free NHS. Free at the point of contact. They conveniently forget you are taxed for it whether you use it or not. This combined with their deliberate lack of understanding of how healthcare works in the South is one of their aces but if you scratch the surface of it at all - it is one big lie.

The NHS is falling fast under the Tories and many people in the North would gladly pay to see a GP if they thought it guaranteed them an appointment when they wanted/needed it.

imtommygunn

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on September 09, 2023, 07:16:45 AM
Also remaining is the Unionist mindset  that most Catholics live on benefits which are much lower in the 26.

And everyone pays €50 to see a GP in the South all the while you'd do well to see a GP in the North for at least two weeks!

Yeah, the NHS is free at the point of use, but if you can't access the services due to lack of resources, what's the point?

Another great lie by Unionists and Loyalists - the great free NHS. Free at the point of contact. They conveniently forget you are taxed for it whether you use it or not. This combined with their deliberate lack of understanding of how healthcare works in the South is one of their aces but if you scratch the surface of it at all - it is one big lie.

The NHS is falling fast under the Tories and many people in the North would gladly pay to see a GP if they thought it guaranteed them an appointment when they wanted/needed it.

You'd do well to see a gp never mind do well to see them in two weeks! Message on our gp's phone is only contact in case of emergency. Should that not be a&e you go to then and if so what's the point of the gp!!

Also gps are becoming scarce which is really not helping. The nhs argument for preserving the "union" is long dead. Life expectancy is dropping in the uk and from what I can see will continue to do so.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 09, 2023, 08:00:38 AM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on September 09, 2023, 07:16:45 AM

You'd do well to see a gp never mind do well to see them in two weeks! Message on our gp's phone is only contact in case of emergency. Should that not be a&e you go to then and if so what's the point of the gp!!

Also gps are becoming scarce which is really not helping. The nhs argument for preserving the "union" is long dead. Life expectancy is dropping in the uk and from what I can see will continue to do so.

I think that's why AE is so busy.

People can't see their GP and just head straight to AE.

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on September 08, 2023, 10:54:06 PM
Great to hear Leo speak up.
It must have been  something to hear what he said in the North. From a Fine Gaeler.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 08, 2023, 09:41:02 PM
Leo saying it will happen in his life time. Column wanting a poll in 2030. This is not going away no matter how much unionism seems to want to bury its head in the sand

It must have meant a lot to Gaels in the North to hear a Fine Gael Taoiseach say what he said.

In 1970 Willi Brandt accepted the loss of German land in Prussia after WW2. The Soviets wanted him to recognise East Germany . He refused , saying he would never sign away the right to German self determination.Irish self determination has faced many challenges in the last 5 centuries but we seem to be moving towards something better.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

tbrick18

Is that a unionist mindset?
Because I personally feel that there would be more unionist/loyalists living on benefits. Catholics in the 6 I believe have a much better level of education than their protestant counterparts. I've no evidence, just my perception.

tbrick18

Quote from: Rossfan on September 11, 2023, 10:17:10 AM
Helping the neighbours again

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41223676.html

Not strictly true.
This is part of the GFA and SEUPB is a north south arms length body which administers the EU fund.
Both UK and Ireland pay into that fund (as do the other EU countries), but UK don't really publicise the fact they are paying into it post brexit.
Similar programmes exist across europe.

Seems like you are inferring this is Ireland giving NI handouts, not the case. The programme is open to the border counties, north and south.

johnnycool

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 11, 2023, 11:29:01 AM

Is that a unionist mindset?
Because I personally feel that there would be more unionist/loyalists living on benefits. Catholics in the 6 I believe have a much better level of education than their protestant counterparts. I've no evidence, just my perception.

It used to be, no doubt, not entirely sure that's still the case.

As for better educated catholics than protestants I think there's still a class divide in there to consider, catholic boys from poorer socio-economic backgrounds aren't doing much better than protestant boys from similar backgrounds using free school meals as a barometer of this.
There still are more nationalist areas marked as having issues with social deprivation than unionist areas to consider as well.

The usual headlines you see are based on A level results and nationalist Grammar schools are indeed churning out more students with Grade C's and above than their unionist counterparts.