A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Excuse me,but Land Grab has only one meaning,invading or taking over a piece of land to which there is no right to own.There is no ambiguity with that phrase.The free state establishment does not perceive it has any right to own the Northern part of this island.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on August 23, 2016, 06:33:07 PM
Excuse me,but Land Grab has only one meaning,invading or taking over a piece of land to which there is no right to own.There is no ambiguity with that phrase.The free state establishment does not perceive it has any right to own the Northern part of this island.

Land grab

Examples
noun
the seizing of land by a nation, state, or organization, especially illegally, underhandedly, or unfairly.
[my emphasis]

Especially

adverb
particularly; exceptionally; markedly:
Be especially watchful.

NB: Especially does not mean 'always' or 'exclusively'.

Why do you keep ignoring this statement: Mr Varadkar said he does want to see a united Ireland in the future.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Ffs SF used to criticise Charlie Haughey for similar "verbal republicanism" ie saying something but doing absolutely nothing to achieve it.

Seeking out the electorate's views on a UI in the aftermath of a Brexit,North and South is an entirely reasonable proposition but Vardy was really attempting to dampen down expectations.

You don't see true nationalists in other countries like Nicola Sturgeon warning people about "land grabbing" their own land.That's the real difference.

It is my firm conviction that one of the main reasons the free state feared a Brexit was that it would be ultimately left lumbered with the North

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on August 23, 2016, 06:49:27 PM
Ffs SF used to criticise Charlie Haughey for similar "verbal republicanism" ie saying something but doing absolutely nothing to achieve it.

Seeking out the electorate's views on a UI in the aftermath of a Brexit,North and South is an entirely reasonable proposition but Vardy was really attempting to dampen down expectations.

You don't see true nationalists in other countries like Nicola Sturgeon warning people about "land grabbing" their own land.That's the real difference.

It is my firm conviction that one of the main reasons the free state feared a Brexit was that it would be ultimately left lumbered with the North

You capitalise 'Brexit' but insult us all with the derogatory, non-capitalised, 'free state' and equally insulting 'lumbered with the North'.

You are appalled at the (entirely self inflicted) demise of the standing of the Catholic church in the 26, so you bravely insult us and blame us for all of your woes.

You don't have firm convictions Tony. You would drop family members, your Nationalist views and livelihood in an instant, if you thought for a second God would see you as better than everyone else for doing so.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I am simply referring to the grotesque view of the Free State (happy now?) establishment that asserting it's natural and moral right to sovereignty over all of Ireland is now akin to a Land Grab.Compare this grotesque view with that of Scots Nationalists.

easytiger95

Poor Tony - driven mad by the remorselessness of his own logic

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on August 23, 2016, 07:20:59 PM
I am simply referring to the grotesque view of the Free State (happy now?) establishment that asserting it's natural and moral right to sovereignty over all of Ireland is now akin to a Land Grab.Compare this grotesque view with that of Scots Nationalists.

You are referring to one comment, by one minister, who also said he wished to see a United Ireland - which you keep ignoring.

What is truly grotesque is your cowardice in hiding your blatant unionism and blaming everyone else for it.

And there is no such place as the Free State.
MWWSI 2017

ashman

Scottish nationalists could not convince enough of their population to vote for independence.

Your are spouting some 5hite.

Rossfan

Quote from: muppet on August 23, 2016, 07:30:53 PM

You are referring to one comment, by one minister, who also said he wished to see a United Ireland - which you keep ignoring.

What is truly grotesque is your cowardice in hiding your blatant unionism and blaming everyone else for it.

And there is no such place as the Free State.
As the 26 Co Government doesn't get any votes in the 6Cos and all parties ( and most of the Irish people) accept the Good Friday Agreement - has our Govt any moral or natural right to Sovereignty over said 6 Cos?
Does Sovereignty not now reside in the hands of the registered voters of the 6 Cos??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Yes it does,and the people of the 26 counties endorsed it in large numbers,and on occasions like Brexit which slightly opens the door to a Unitec Ireland Senior Free State Ministers slam the notion down and present it now as a "land grab"

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on August 23, 2016, 08:32:37 PM
Yes it does,and the people of the 26 counties endorsed it in large numbers,and on occasions like Brexit which slightly opens the door to a Unitec Ireland Senior Free State Ministers slam the notion down and present it now as a "land grab"

There is no Irishman more against Irish Unity than you. Stop flying silly kites.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I am in favour of it,but it's never going to happen when senior Dublin Ministers view it as a land grab

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on August 23, 2016, 08:58:43 PM
I am in favour of it,but it's never going to happen when senior Dublin Ministers view it as a land grab

You are pretending to be in favour of it, and then highlighting silly reasons why (you hope) it won't happen.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

It won't happen because free state ministers regard it as a Land Grab

Rossfan

When the voters of the 6 Cos vote to leave yUK and join an All Ireland State and the voters of the 26 vote for an All Ireland State then Tony, Govt in Dublin and everyone else will have to get on with implementing it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM