Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffman

Why are people posting Carey V Middletown?

Dungannon have proved to be a serious Intermediate outfit in previous years & Div 2. Carrickmore have beaten them in the last 2 years to win Tyrone. They will be aiming for an Ulster title so by no means a given for Carey.

That being said if Carey have the right mindset & approach the game the right way I fancy them to get over the line by 2/3 points.

podge

I thinks its pretty poor that our county hurling champions at various levels have been sitting for what must be close to 6 weeks waiting on the first round of Ulster to be played. I assume they have found it difficult to get friendlies. Having said that I am sure these clubs are delighted to have this winter distraction.  Good luck to them all.

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 17, 2021, 01:42:31 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 16, 2021, 07:32:08 PM
Quote from: saffman on November 16, 2021, 07:15:09 PM
Were Carey not down to play winners of tyrone?
Is carrickmore?

They are.

When/where are these games being played?

Sunday week, 1.30pm, Ballycastle.

antrimman667

My mistake it is Carrickmore that they are playing  ;D

BealnaBlath

Quote from: antrimman667 on November 18, 2021, 09:20:54 AM
My mistake it is Carrickmore that they are playing  ;D

If I was Carey man I'd prefer to be playing Middletown. Carrickmore (actually Eire Og) are a very good side and hope they are not underestimated by  they Carey lads. With the management in place I would be surprised if that was the case though

Antrim Coaster

Middleton are a handy outfit.

Did they not reach the All Ireland intermediate final several years ago.

They gave Cushendall their fill of it in Owenbeg in the Ulster SHC the year Cushendall reached the final.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 18, 2021, 09:54:11 PM
Middleton are a handy outfit.

Did they not reach the All Ireland intermediate final several years ago.

They gave Cushendall their fill of it in Owenbeg in the Ulster SHC the year Cushendall reached the final.

Big men

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Banagher play winners of Castleblayney v Middleton

johnnycool

Quote from: podge on November 17, 2021, 06:21:18 PM
I thinks its pretty poor that our county hurling champions at various levels have been sitting for what must be close to 6 weeks waiting on the first round of Ulster to be played. I assume they have found it difficult to get friendlies. Having said that I am sure these clubs are delighted to have this winter distraction.  Good luck to them all.

Maybe it was due to the football, but I couldn't understand why Antrim run off their finals when they did knowing that there'd be a big gap to the Ulster campaigns.

Down intermediate hurling final was yesterday, the junior on the day before with the senior played two Sundays ago.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: johnnycool on November 22, 2021, 08:56:42 AM

Maybe it was due to the football, but I couldn't understand why Antrim run off their finals when they did knowing that there'd be a big gap to the Ulster campaigns.

Down intermediate hurling final was yesterday, the junior on the day before with the senior played two Sundays ago.
Newry Shamrocks must be doing a hell of a lot at underage. Fair play to them on their IHC victory.

I'd have said Carryduff would have been massive favourites having won all their group games.

The Ulster IHC will be an interesting competition this year - a lot of teams there more than capable of winning that.

Johnny, who won the Down JHC ?

johnnycool

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 22, 2021, 10:54:30 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 22, 2021, 08:56:42 AM

Newry Shamrocks must be doing a hell of a lot at underage. Fair play to them on their IHC victory.

I'd have said Carryduff would have been massive favourites having won all their group games.

The Ulster IHC will be an interesting competition this year - a lot of teams there more than capable of winning that.

Johnny, who won the Down JHC ?

I wouldn't say that TBH, but their social media game is top notch   ;)

Big city/town but the hurling burden is carried by very few people so fair play to them on that, they'd a good enough minor setup three or four years ago but nothing since then at any level that I can see. The McGuinnesses are still some of their main players and they've been on the go for donkeys years..

Ballela won the junior

antrimman667

Carey by 2
Con Magees by 3
Loughgiel Camogs by a point

imtommygunn

who are loughgiel camogs playing?

Jonkunlon

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 02:20:53 PM

Ended controversially in a draw with Slaughtneil. Referee reportedly blew the game up early with Loughiel on the attack.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 28, 2021, 07:45:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 02:20:53 PM

Ended controversially in a draw with Slaughtneil. Referee reportedly blew the game up early with Loughiel on the attack.

Had you the ref's watch?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea