2018 Joe McDonagh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, March 20, 2018, 11:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

redsetanta

If you're following on Twitter 'Unit Updates' are much better than the official Laois GAA twitter page as they give scorers and a bit more info.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Ben Conroy having a fine game by all accounts.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

A 1 point win, we'll take that. Jaysus they made it very hard in the end after being 5 points up going into injury time.

Dave like the tv channel

Great win.

You'd imagine after this weekend.....

Antrim, Kerry, Carlow & Westmeath all on 4pts
Laois on 2pts
Meath 0pts

If Laois beat Carlow & Westmeath, we finish on 6pts.
Meath will finish on zero, you'd imagine.

After that:

Carlow v Laois & Westmeath
Antrim v Westmeath & Kerry
Kerry v Meath & Antrim
Westmeath v Antrim & Carlow

Laois win both.
Carlow to beat Westmeath.
Westmeath to beat Antrim.
Antrim to beat Kerry.

All five teams finish on 6pts. Laois need to beat Carlow & beat the living sh8t out of Meath.

Mossy Bruce

YAY!

I could only follow on twitter--looked like it was quite an exciting match. I'm thrilled with the result.

Next--Carlow (and it sounds like they've been playing a bit dirty, lately).
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on May 19, 2018, 03:50:37 PM
Great win.

You'd imagine after this weekend.....

Antrim, Kerry, Carlow & Westmeath all on 4pts
Laois on 2pts
Meath 0pts

If Laois beat Carlow & Westmeath, we finish on 6pts.
Meath will finish on zero, you'd imagine.

After that:

Carlow v Laois & Westmeath
Antrim v Westmeath & Kerry
Kerry v Meath & Antrim
Westmeath v Antrim & Carlow

Laois win both.
Carlow to beat Westmeath.
Westmeath to beat Antrim.
Antrim to beat Kerry.

All five teams finish on 6pts. Laois need to beat Carlow & beat the living sh8t out of Meath.
Westmeath have to play Kerry tomorrow.
Would put them on 6 ooints

imtommygunn

Agree with all except westmeath to beat carlow...

CruiseCigar

Thankfully they got a win. Let's hope they can move on from this. They are doing g it the hard way
Laoise abú

redsetanta

You want Westmeath to win all their games and we need to put a big score past Meath

Dave like the tv channel

6 Westmeath
4 Antrim & Carlow
2 Laois & Kerry
0 Meath

If Kerry, Laois & Westmeath win next...

8 Westmeath
4 Laois Antrim, Kerry & Carlow
0 Meath

Then Laois, Westmeath & Antrim

10 Westmeath
6 Laois & Antrim
4 Kerry & Carlow
0 Meath

Laois win on head-to-head? A Kerry win over Antrim would see us out, in that scenario. An Antrim win over Westmeath would see us out.

redsetanta

Yeh, Antrim would have to beat Kerry also. I think our scoring difference will be no use if more than 2 teams finish level. Best outcome is where Westmeath get 10 points and we finsih level with Antrim.
Have to beat Carlow in two weeks time so the break will be beneficial with injuries etc.
The Laois gaa mentality would drive ya nuts. How can we go North Antrim and win when we absolutely have to yet we cannot do it against the Westmeath or Kerry??

Unlaoised

Good win but will it get us back into it ...I'm not so sure!

LAOIS ABÚ

Clubber Lang

Very unpredictable how rest of league will play out. If Laois win their remaining two games and shoot the lights out scoring wise they might sneak into the final of the Joe McDonagh. With Westmeath still to play Antrim there is every chance that that two losses will not prove fatal.

I am finding it very frustrating that the Sunday Game is playing lip service to the teams in Joe McDonagh. 30 second sound bite stating how its a great competition and the players are loving the opportunity to play counties at their own level. GAA should be promoting this competition by giving TG4 rights to show a game per week in the Joe McDonagh-therefore providing the competition with real exposure and real media coverage. The standard of the second tier teams is of a high level and deserves more recognition than it is currently receiving. I couldn't see how this competition being shown on TG4 would impact on their championship coverage. Technically it is a qualifier competition-with winners progressing to play in the championship. 

Giovanni