GAA doing a deal with SkySports

Started by thejuice, March 27, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

Lads it was like Fox News today on Joooe! My God two callers took the biscuit.
One lad from the US pub scene giving out about GAA greed. The same buck then casually mentioned how the pubs over there would charge 20 bucks in when they showed games.
Then the woman who was going to bring the kids on the lash in a bid to gain entry to the pubs! She also noted that parents and families of players would have to hit the pub to watch their relative play...

I think we are all curious here of what way they will tackle it. Judging on Sky they prefer recently retired guys and even Scott Minto does well on La Liga. Galvin could be an option for presenter.

For hurling I like Gizzy but Paul Flynn is a straight talker and could work.
For football they could look at Gooch as he is injured and that is another thing they tend to go for.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

orangeman

Some people over reacting here badly.

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: joey brandon on April 02, 2014, 06:25:31 PM
O'Neill and that other finger pointing fckhead are sneaky cowardly lieing cheating deceitful intrustworthy rats. Not bothering to put this to congress illustrate this succinctly.

Rule changes go before Congress, not TV deals!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

PaoloRossi

Lads calm down here  :P Streaming online is an option is you have decent broadband, no need for a sky subscription then.

BennyHarp

Quote from: joey brandon on April 02, 2014, 06:59:03 PM
I see all this crack of guessing who'll get the sky gaa commentary jobs is thriving. Speculation and so on.... It shows quite clearly to me that internet fora are ram jammed with teenagers who have a poor understanding of the the real world. This one here gaa.board included. 

Anyone taking soundings from these fora should be aware that 90% + of contributors are children or retarded adults. Please bear this in mind.

At last - the voice of reason  ::)
That was never a square ball!!

ballinaman

I see all this crack of guessing who'll get the sky gaa commentary jobs is thriving. Speculation and so on.... It shows quite clearly to me that internet fora are ram jammed with teenagers who have a poor understanding of the the real world. This one here gaa.board included. 

Anyone taking soundings from these fora should be aware that 90% + of contributors are children or retarded adults. Please bear this in mind.
I like the cut of your jib
I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.....

Lone Shark

Quote from: J OGorman on April 01, 2014, 04:18:25 PM
Is there a single man / woman on here who has access to TV3 and rte and doesnt subscribe to Sky Sports support this deal?

Absolutely, and that's me down to a tee.

I don't know who these people are who need to watch more than 31 live games a year from their armchair, but if the idea of paying a subscription is that abhorrent to you, I'm thinking you're unlikely to pay into too many matches. Of course there are exceptions but my work involves taking in as much action as I can and it's impossible to watch that many ties at the busy time of the week. As far as I'd be concerned, armchair supporters are a long way down the pecking order behind clubs who need money, evangelists trying to sell the game abroad and indeed those of us at home who get a bit tired of every analyst on RTE and TV3 running down the games and stopping just short of telling people to turn off the TV and go out for a walk instead.

seafoid

Syfin is Director of teenage opinion around here

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2014, 08:25:07 PM

Syfin is Director of teenage opinion around here

Fora isn't the only correct pluralisation of forum.

Croí na hÉireann

I think you could made some valuable contributions to the sweeper system thread Joey.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rodman

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 02, 2014, 03:45:00 PM
Quote from: Lazer on April 02, 2014, 03:42:12 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 02, 2014, 01:09:40 PM
This is on the Sky website. Maybe an option for people who don't want to fork out the money for a full sky subscription?

GAA fans with a Sky Sports subscription can watch live on TV, online and on mobile and tablet devices via Sky Go or the award-winning Sky Sports for iPad app, which are both free for subscribers to download at no extra cost. Non-subscribers can also watch these games on mobile, which is a first in Ireland, by downloading the Sky Sports TV app for just £4.99/€5.99 a month.

This is a good option, i would actually think about this and maybe get it if My own County were playing in a match that for some reason I wasn't able to go too - it's nice that there is another option that doesn't involve paying £37 a month to Sky, but would be preferable if it wasn't app and was available trought the sky box (without active sky subscription) as my internet connection is rubbish.

I still do not agree with GAA games being behind a paywall, but as long as sky don't start dictating what games they get etc. RTE should always get first pick and should never have less games than they do now, then it is not important in the grand scheme of things.

As long as RTE do the games a service, as opposed to a disservice, then I agree with you. Maybe this will make RTE look at themselves a bit.

The coverage and analysis by RTE over the years has been terrible. I for one am looking forward to a fresh approach to GAA analysis instead of the drivel that RTE serves up. I wonder if they will try to up their game or continue to punish us with the same tripe that they try to pass as analysis. I will gladly pay a SKY subscription rather than listen to Spillane spout out more nonsense or Brolly pushing his own agendas.

Overall this is excellent for our games and Im sure those ringing into liveline today have never been to a GAA game in their lives.

Rossfan

Quote from: Rodman on April 02, 2014, 09:44:25 PM
The coverage and analysis by RTE over the years has been terrible. I for one am looking forward to a fresh approach to GAA analysis instead of the drivel that RTE serves up. I wonder if they will try to up their game or continue to punish us with the same tripe that they try to pass as analysis.
+1.
And as for League Sunday - must be the worst sports programme ever. Typical D4 effort -any oul thing will do the bogmen as we concentrate on "real" sport like rubby.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Carmen Stateside

I would say Mulligan will be in contention for a spot on the panel.

orangeman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 02, 2014, 09:57:52 PM
I would say Mulligan will be in contention for a spot on the panel.

Definitely. Emlyn is a good player himself and will give a bit of perspective.

ziggysego

You know what, I refuse to listen to anything else you say. I'm disgusted by this, as I'm sure others on the board will be too. Get off your high horse and have a bit of respect, as you're losing mine's.
Testing Accessibility