Best thing heard at a GAA match.

Started by mhacadoir, April 26, 2008, 02:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceart agus Cóir

Despite having 15 players to play an underage match, the manager shows his utmost trust in his players and asks can they play 13aside!

heffo

This thread should be renamed 'things I heard at a GAA match'

99% of these stories are bland and in no way funny.

Onion Bag

Quote from: heffo on May 26, 2010, 04:20:34 PM

Heffo, the thread is entitled 'Best Thing heard at a GAA match'

not  'Funniest Thing heard at a GAA match'

The stories do not have to be necessarily funny  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

heffo

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 26, 2010, 04:52:22 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 26, 2010, 04:20:34 PM

Heffo, the thread is entitled 'Best Thing heard at a GAA match'

not  'Funniest Thing heard at a GAA match'

The stories do not have to be necessarily funny  ;)

MUST they be bland and boring though?

omagh_gael

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 26, 2010, 02:01:28 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 25, 2010, 11:20:11 PM
Not the most appropriate thread for this as it's the worst thing i have ever heard at a GAA match!

In the ulster final 2005 (first game) myself and mates were on hill 16 next to a particularly annoying Armagh women who was a complete ignoramous and continually insulted many Tyrone fans around her who were clapping/cheering the many scores we got that day. Seemed like we were sure of victory when Mc Donnell and Mc Grane conspired against us to snatch an unlikely draw.

This unpleasent woman turned around and roar in my mates (a man with a short fuse) face 'Where's your clapping now!'

Mate roars back at her 'Your Ma's got the clap!'

Cue stunned silence from all those in ear shot and an Armagh woman who wouldn't shut up all game speechless!

So basically your point is that your friend is as ignorant as an ignorant Armagh woman you once came across?

Yup

MR99

Twas in the early 90's (maybe 1990 I think) and Tyrone were playing the dubs in some sort of either a league play-off or maybe all-ireland U21 semi in Breffini Park.  We were going up the hill on the way out of Breffini and there was a crowd of young skin headed dubs perched on a wall at the entrance and they were giving this middle aged man (probably 55 or so) a torrid time about a wig he was wearing.  I knew this man from my playing days when he was a notoriusly good umpire for his team, a very quiet man who was known to give a few dodgy decisions.  I remember flicking a goal in from 10 yards and getting it disallowed for a square ball which he called.

One of the skin heads was giving him a particularly hard time about his wig and his age, so he proceeded to make his way through the crowd, pull the lad down from wall and landed one on the young fella's mouth.  He then proceeded to pick the boy up and there was blood pouring from the boys mouth and said to him in a classic droll Tyrone accent  "They do fake beards up the town, might help cover that up for ye!"  Even the boys mates on the wall where in stitches.

I never questioned his umpiring decisions after that either.