Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

magickingdom

make this put harry!!!!

eagle chance on 18th to tie for the lead

gerrykeegan

it will be some recovery if he makes it
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

magickingdom

na, ends up with the birdie one shot shy. . .  good effort tho

muppet

MWWSI 2017

heganboy

unreal that 2 bad drives did so much damage to his entire tournament. Stricker was pretty choked up with winning, he's in some form going in to this, but don't think he has the nerve for the big occasion. Cant believe vijay didnt make the last 70, should be an interesting bmw tournament
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hound

Quote from: heganboy on September 08, 2009, 03:07:37 AM
he's in some form going in to this, but don't think he has the nerve for the big occasion
His super chip on 18 would suggest otherwise.

One that got away for Harrington, but good to see him in such good form.

heganboy

I can a very close eye on stricker, trust me, he's an exceptionally gifted player but had that been tiger in the clubhouse ahead of him rather than a few also rans, he wouldn't have made it. Its a pity, he's a really good guy but has a mental block on Mr Woods

thebigfella

Anyone hit any Hybrids, looking at a 3 iron replacement and thinking of either a Cobra baffler or Taylormade Burner rescue. Have hit both and quite impressed. Wondered what everyone is using?

heganboy

taylormade burner 3 rescue 19 degree
can't get comfortable with it at all to be honest-i keep hooking it really badly- dont practice enough with it though

thebigfella

Quote from: heganboy on September 08, 2009, 04:04:16 PM
taylormade burner 3 rescue 19 degree
can't get comfortable with it at all to be honest-i keep hooking it really badly- dont practice enough with it though

Yeah I tried one out and really liked it, wanted to get it custom fit at a session last week. Unfortunately with 50 people watching the session, wasn't really comfortable hitting balls. Plus it doesn't help when your mate is averaging with his drives 344 yards and 116 mph swing speeds  :o Even the pro was only averaging 290 yards and 96 mph.

The Real Laoislad

I love hybrids,I'm awful with long irons so I have a 3h and a 5h
My 3h is a Adams Idea A2 and my 5h is a Nike sumo 2 SQ

I bought them both at www.rockbottomgolf.com got them very cheap and delivered within a week

I was also considering a Cobra Baffler I hear they are excellent clubs,The Nike I have is just ridiculously easy to hit,I have never mis hit it,the Adams is a little harder but once I got use to it I can drive it 220 yards no problem
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Billys Boots

I had a Ram 4h and got a Spalding 2h last week - was lamping the 4h a mile, and decided to get a lower one as well to get me out of trouble easier than the 3w or 5w.  Haven't used it in trouble, but can hit it (without killing myself), off the tee, well over the 220m. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thebigfella

I loved the Taylormade on the range but would like to try a few shots on a course from a few different lies. Haven't hit as many balls with the Cobra but the weight and feel is just right. I'm loving my Cobra driver at the moment too, so that may affect my decision.

Hound

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 08, 2009, 04:51:29 PM
I love hybrids,I'm awful with long irons so I have a 3h and a 5h
My 3h is a Adams Idea A2 and my 5h is a Nike sumo 2 SQ

I bought them both at www.rockbottomgolf.com got them very cheap and delivered within a week

Are delivery charges not high? That combined with the possibility of getting stung by customs would put me off from ordering from the US.

There's quite a few good UK sites, onlinegolf.co.uk is one, with a standard £5 delivery charge for Ireland.
Though the Irish golf stores are decent value at the moment too, and can often bargain them down a few quid too.