Author Topic: The Official Golf Thread  (Read 333687 times)

Orchard park

• View Profile
Re: The Official Golf Thread
« Reply #4815 on: April 11, 2018, 04:28:42 PM »
going back 13 years to the west of ireland i have a intense dislike of McIlroy and his zealot of a father and all connected to them. It may not be rational but most who have crossed their paths since would know where i am coming from. I respect the money raised by the PR / Charitable foundation but i will delight when i see him depending on sponsors passes to play tournaments.

Give me gentlemen like Paul Dunne, Shane Lowry, Padraig harrington, Graeme McDowell and Paul McGinley any day of the week

My point is Rory wants a yes man on the bag, so he got one, but it wont call his putts so that one is all down to his own failings

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: April 11, 2018, 05:44:52 PM »
going back 13 years to the west of ireland i have a intense dislike of McIlroy and his zealot of a father and all connected to them. It may not be rational but most who have crossed their paths since would know where i am coming from. I respect the money raised by the PR / Charitable foundation but i will delight when i see him depending on sponsors passes to play tournaments.

Give me gentlemen like Paul Dunne, Shane Lowry, Padraig harrington, Graeme McDowell and Paul McGinley any day of the week

My point is Rory wants a yes man on the bag, so he got one, but it wont call his putts so that one is all down to his own failings

Did someone not sign your autograph book? I doubt very much Rory will need to get tournament passes.. Jesus youíre as bad as LL
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: April 11, 2018, 07:10:47 PM »

From when he was 15??!!

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: April 11, 2018, 08:20:09 PM »
McIlroy hit 8 greens in regulation in the final round so letís not get too fixated on the putting
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: April 11, 2018, 08:31:18 PM »
McIlroy hit 8 greens in regulation in the final round so letís not get too fixated on the putting

His short game is excellent I think we can all agree on that.

How many putts less than 10ft did he miss?

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: April 11, 2018, 08:32:48 PM »
and putting wasnt his problem in 2011 either........

i'm not saying JP would have made the difference on Sunday but a yes man buddy wasnt going to be of much help in the pressure.

anyways I'm delighted the smug p***k is still waiting to win there......
;D

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: April 12, 2018, 11:41:13 AM »

You need to let go.....

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: April 15, 2018, 04:47:09 PM »
Disappointing final day by Paul Dunne in Spain. I'd like to see Paul:

1) Speed up his game. He will get penalised if he gets any slower
2) Smile. At least look like you are enjoying living the dream

Keep up the first three days performance and he should win on tour this year.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: April 15, 2018, 04:55:18 PM »

I had a similar experience when I played in a tournament with him several years ago. I was so bad his dad asked officials to remove me after nine holes because I was putting Rory off. That said maybe that kind of attitude is what it takes to be one of the best in the world.

gerrykeegan

• View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: April 15, 2018, 08:11:54 PM »

I had a similar experience when I played in a tournament with him several years ago. I was so bad his dad asked officials to remove me after nine holes because I was putting Rory off. That said maybe that kind of attitude is what it takes to be one of the best in the world.
Jesus how bad were you. Those lads are well used to playing golf with people who are there because of their money..and are brutal..... And I'm not suggesting you are that lad.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Kidder81

• View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: April 15, 2018, 08:16:17 PM »
Trump must be a

Jesus how bad were you. Those lads are well used to playing golf with people who are there because of their money..and are brutal..... And I'm not suggesting you are that lad.

Trump must be good

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: April 15, 2018, 10:08:20 PM »

Oh I was awful, played off 13 and was playing poorly and it was a decent level youth tournament that i was playing in as easily the worst member of an otherwise pretty good school team. McIlroy would have only been 12/13 and I was 16 or so at the time

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: April 15, 2018, 11:51:55 PM »

Oh I was awful, played off 13 and was playing poorly and it was a decent level youth tournament that i was playing in as easily the worst member of an otherwise pretty good school team. McIlroy would have only been 12/13 and I was 16 or so at the time

That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. Can you ask for a member of the opposition to be removed, or was it a joke?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: April 16, 2018, 01:24:03 AM »
I can assure you having shot near 50 on the front 9.  I wasn't his opposition but I finished the round anyway and shot about a 93 and him about a 68. I didn't play in the next round nor the match play and don't know if he did but he won the thing within a year or two and I was never back near the thing again. I can safely say the whole thing had no impact on my game whatsoever.

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: April 16, 2018, 06:36:46 AM »
68 at 13 wow! His most famous amateur round was then the 61 round Portrush at 15 - its incredible, as good a golfer as he is he definitely isnt fullfilling his ambition. He really shoukd have been the next Tiger feel he has wasted a number of the last few years.