Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

HiMucker

Feel lousy for local lad Connor Coyle who's fight was the top billing on the undercard against Felix Cash. By chance I happened to be down at his local boxing club when the news came through that he was on the undercard. Ones scrambling to book tickets, flights and accommodation. Shit show for them. Hope they can get another big event soon.

square_ball

Quote from: HiMucker on October 06, 2022, 07:14:39 PM
Feel lousy for local lad Connor Coyle who's fight was the top billing on the undercard against Felix Cash. By chance I happened to be down at his local boxing club when the news came through that he was on the undercard. Ones scrambling to book tickets, flights and accommodation. Shit show for them. Hope they can get another big event soon.

That's the worst thing about these type of situations. Eubank will be fine and even the drug cheat Benn will more than likely get another few big pay cheques down the line. For the likes of that lad it could make or break his career and his chance of earning a few bob from boxing.

tintin25

This Shields/Marshall fight is a good watch

ONeill

Thought Marshall's corner was crap throughout. Shields was pure Mayweather.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Wilder reannounced himself in style last night too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cunny Funt

Katie Taylor with a comfortable win tonight in Wembley Arena. 22 professional fights and 22 victories.

nrico2006

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 29, 2022, 11:17:55 PM
Katie Taylor with a comfortable win tonight in Wembley Arena. 22 professional fights and 22 victories.

Would she really fill Croke Park?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cunny Funt

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 29, 2022, 11:25:01 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 29, 2022, 11:17:55 PM

Would she really fill Croke Park?
We'll soon find out.

From the Bunker

Would rather the Aviva........More intimate.

quit yo jibbajabba

Its boxin not ridin ffs

nrico2006

Women's boxing is a poor enough watch though. FInd it hard to believe that 80 thousand people would want to watch her, or women's boxing in general.

screenexile

If they pitch it at the right price she sells out Croker no matter the weakness of the sport.

She 100% deserves it to sell out and I'd definitely go if it suited just to show my support. A total class act she deserves all the good fortune that comes her way!!

yellowcard

The event itself would be over hyped and that will be sufficient to sell it out. We are a nation of event junkies. If Garth Brooks can sell 400,000 tickets off belting out a few country music tunes then Katie Taylor will sellout Croker no problem with the right marketing.

nrico2006

The women's game just lacks a bit to be honest, rounds too short, lack of depth and the fact that there is rarely the chance of a KO takes away from the overall product.