Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Replacing her with what? And what difference will they make? Anyone who tries to take on Brexit will commit political suicide
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2019, 10:41:14 PM
Replacing her with what? And what difference will they make? Anyone who tries to take on Brexit will commit political suicide

All points towards a general election. Labour will run with the promise of a people's vote.

Hereiam

She is going for a no deal.
Will want to be remembered for delivering brexit

Eamonnca1

The English fought a civil war to establish the supremacy of parliament. Just sayin...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2019, 10:41:14 PM

BoJo wouldn't get much sympathy if it ruined him. He won't go for it though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

yellowcard

Mogg has folded now, saying that it is a choice between May's deal or no Brexit. The emperor has no clothes, it now looks like a case of whether or not May can muster up enough support to get her deal over the line but I wouldn't bank on that happening which leaves everything up in the air.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on March 26, 2019, 11:33:34 AM
Mogg has folded now, saying that it is a choice between May's deal or no Brexit. The emperor has no clothes, it now looks like a case of whether or not May can muster up enough support to get her deal over the line but I wouldn't bank on that happening which leaves everything up in the air.
I don't think Grieve and friends will support the deal and May has a majority of 3
The deal is awful
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

yellowcard

Quote from: seafoid on March 26, 2019, 12:14:35 PM
I don't think Grieve and friends will support the deal and May has a majority of 3
The deal is awful

Ordinarily you would think so but if she convinces enough MP's from ERG to vote with her and narrow the gap to 10-20, then DUP and any other defectors will come under serious political pressure to sign up to the deal or risk a soft Brexit/no Brexit.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on March 26, 2019, 12:32:15 PM
The deal is awful

Ordinarily you would think so but if she convinces enough MP's from ERG to vote with her and narrow the gap to 10-20, then DUP and any other defectors will come under serious political pressure to sign up to the deal or risk a soft Brexit/no Brexit.

The third option is a popular vote
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

The deal is awful

If the ERG leave the DUP high and dry then Nige and Co will need to change their mantra that "its not only us in the DUP who hate the backstop" then the spotlight really is on them and if they are the reason Brexit doesn't happen or even a Hard Brexit they are in the spotlight they'd prefer not to be in.
Squeaky bum time for Arlene and Nige.

GJL

Quote from: johnnycool on March 26, 2019, 02:10:26 PM
The deal is awful

If the ERG leave the DUP high and dry then Nige and Co will need to change their mantra that "its not only us in the DUP who hate the backstop" then the spotlight really is on them and if they are the reason Brexit doesn't happen or even a Hard Brexit they are in the spotlight they'd prefer not to be in.

Might there be enough support for May's deal without the DUP? If the majority of the Tories vote for it along with a few labour it might scrape through..

johnnycool

Quote from: GJL on March 26, 2019, 02:12:34 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 26, 2019, 02:10:26 PM
The deal is awful

Might there be enough support for May's deal without the DUP? If the majority of the Tories vote for it along with a few labour it might scrape through..

That is very possible and something I've always thought May was banking on with her right to the wire approach.

The general thought among Brexiteers and the DUP was that if you take it to the "11th hour" someone would blink and all along they thought that would be the EU.
Turns out it might actually be them blinking.

yellowcard

Quote from: seafoid on March 26, 2019, 02:25:17 PM
DUP now saying they want a one year extension

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/03/26/brexit-latest-news-theresa-may-pressure-offer-mps-free-vote/

Or in other words they realise that they have been hung out to dry and are now veering towards a softer form of Brexit/no Brexit at all. For that is what a one year extension will entail but they are afraid to come out and say that they support Corbyn's version of it so that they can stay in government. If they don't support May's deal and the bulk of ERG sign up to it then the question is why the hell are they still propping up May's government. Which would make you wonder why they aligned themselves with ERG all along. There is still time for them to buckle though and support the deal if they can get a few last minute concessions. 

NAG1

Sammy on the lunch time news, saying unless there are significant changes to the deal they will not be backing it. So from this position even with some bungs, bribes and concessions thrown in it is hard to see how they could shift so far without something to hang it on in the new deal.