TV Guide
XE
ESPN Goals
Times / Sunday Times
TV Catchup
Speed test
BBC News
Angry Birds

Are these apps available for Android phones.

I'm hoping to get an android phone tomorrow morning, and IF i do then I  would like to be able to get most of these,
Never underestimate the power of complaining

lurganblue

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 24, 2011, 10:11:11 PM
Got a cheap one on ebay a few months ago. It's got an android 2.3.4 OS,10 " capacative screen. Great for surfing the web. Access to the android market. Obviously the Ipad is better but if u're just looking for something to have on the coffee table for quik surfing one of these will do the trick.

What do you call this one?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: lurganblue on December 24, 2011, 11:03:23 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 24, 2011, 10:11:11 PM
Got a cheap one on ebay a few months ago. It's got an android 2.3.4 OS,10 " capacative screen. Great for surfing the web. Access to the android market. Obviously the Ipad is better but if u're just looking for something to have on the coffee table for quik surfing one of these will do the trick.

What do you call this one?

Zenithink zt 280

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Windmill abu on December 24, 2011, 10:59:23 PM
QuoteDepends what you are in to.

I have:
Met Office
Living Earth
TuneIn Radio
TV Guide
XE
ESPN Goals
Times / Sunday Times
TV Catchup
Speed test
BBC News
Angry Birds

Are these apps available for Android phones.

I'm hoping to get an android phone tomorrow morning, and IF i do then I  would like to be able to get most of these,

Don't know

deiseach

I have an Asus Transformer and it's a fine piece of kit. What makes it worth considering is the docking station - allegedly an add-on, but it's really the unique selling point of the product. It comes with a battery which gives you several hours extra juice, the keyboard is a reassuring shield for the screen and, well, it's a proper keyboard. I'm typing this on it now, couldn't see myself doing that on an onscreen keyboard.

Tablets are a luxury item. If you don't have a laptop, get a laptop. The extra functionality in terms of games, word processing, spreadsheets and printing make them indispensable. But if you have a few (!) quid to spare and like gadgets then a tablet is great. You'll find yourself switching it on to Google all manner of guff, something you wouldn't have done before due to the interminable boot-up times of PCs, and the way little children react to them is worth a significant portion of the price in itself!

lurganblue

Ordered the archos 10.1" tablet this morning from carphone warehouse. Can't wait for it to be delivered.

I nearly went for the dell streak 7 that currys are advertising for £99. Store collection only and the don't seem to have any in the north

Malvinas

Currys have reduced their Blackberry Playbook Tablet from £250 to £169.

Anyone have one? Anyone know if they're any good?
"It was a bit of handbags stuff. I suppose the cameras caught it?"

Norf Tyrone

Right a quick question, and probably a stupid one.

I am going on holiday next week, and was going to buy a kindle. However the guys at work state that I should spend an extra few quid and buy a google nexus 6.

Essentially it's for reading, so how does this measure up in sunlight? I don't mind paying a few quid extra (160ish) to get a yoke that plays videos etc as well, because it'll get use.

Any thoughts?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

thebigfella

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 08, 2012, 02:07:36 AM
Right a quick question, and probably a stupid one.

I am going on holiday next week, and was going to buy a kindle. However the guys at work state that I should spend an extra few quid and buy a google nexus 6.

Essentially it's for reading, so how does this measure up in sunlight? I don't mind paying a few quid extra (160ish) to get a yoke that plays videos etc as well, because it'll get use.

Any thoughts?

If it's for mainly reading the Kindle is the way to go; especially you want to be able to read it in the sunshine. I have a tablet and Kindle; I use the Kindle solely for reading books as it doesn't strain the eyes.

Armaghgeddon

I bought scroll excel for £100 (its cheaper now) does the job and good at it to.

LeoMc

Thinking of taking the plunge myself but have no idea what to go for.
iPad or Blackberry Playbook or Samsung Galaxy Tab? Any recomendations?

Dougal Maguire

I pre ordered a Kindle Fire HD.
Careful now

Syferus

Got myself one of the very last $99 HP Touchpads at Christmas. Wonderful piece of kit for browsing/travelling. WebOS was/is a great little operating system and it had alot of potential on the Touchpad had it survived. I've got Android dual-booting on it too so it has plenty of life left.

ONeill

Have the iPad a couple of months now but a bit underwhelmed. Not sure what I was expecting but just seems like a big iPhone. Good for reading papers I suppose.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on September 16, 2012, 11:09:56 PM
Have the iPad a couple of months now but a bit underwhelmed. Not sure what I was expecting but just seems like a big iPhone. Good for reading papers I suppose.
Is it better than reading the papers? I like hoking through my Sunday Times in bits and pieces.