Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bendyerback

Quote from: longballin on May 14, 2018, 12:07:15 PM
Quote from: Bendyerback on May 14, 2018, 11:56:43 AM
Quote from: longballin on May 14, 2018, 11:04:17 AM
Quote from: outside of the left on May 14, 2018, 10:57:13 AM
Was a feisty game to say the least in greencastle yesterday. Carson had the ball at the time of the incident and was a dirty hit but he got a red card and that should be the end of it. cant see how it warrants more than a 1 game suspension just because the injury sustained was more serious. why treat it differently than any other strike?

If it was my son it would be heading to a different court.

Its all in a days football, that's the problem with society now. The Feeney effect is kicking in and its a running session to the RUC at every turn around. There was many a dirty slap over the years with jaws broken and eye sockets fractured and there wasn't a word about it, there was also many accidental injuries that occurred as well. Do we drag them all through the British judiciary.
I got plenty of hard knocks over the years and I gave as good as I got. If it wasn't for the GAA I'd never have broken a bone in my body.  The joys.

If you have a son, wrap him in cotton wool and keep him in the house.

I have two sons well able to look after themselves and if some cowardly hure blindsided one of them and puts him in hospital Id treat it same as on the street whatever about your big hard man back in the day when we fought the RUC. This Is nothing to do with politics.

Nothing to do with "you" fighting the RUC back in the day and definitely nothing to do with politics is correct.
Man up. 
Going by the posts on here the ref played on therefore giving the perception that he noticed nothing deliberate or malicious. you're all quick to point the finger of blame here and call for heads, lets see what Carson's reaction is first before you all become judge,jury and executioner.

longballin

Quote from: Bendyerback on May 14, 2018, 12:16:59 PM
Was a feisty game to say the least in greencastle yesterday. Carson had the ball at the time of the incident and was a dirty hit but he got a red card and that should be the end of it. cant see how it warrants more than a 1 game suspension just because the injury sustained was more serious. why treat it differently than any other strike?

Its all in a days football, that's the problem with society now. The Feeney effect is kicking in and its a running session to the RUC at every turn around. There was many a dirty slap over the years with jaws broken and eye sockets fractured and there wasn't a word about it, there was also many accidental injuries that occurred as well. Do we drag them all through the British judiciary.
I got plenty of hard knocks over the years and I gave as good as I got. If it wasn't for the GAA I'd never have broken a bone in my body.  The joys.

I have two sons well able to look after themselves and if some cowardly hure blindsided one of them and puts him in hospital Id treat it same as on the street whatever about your big hard man back in the day when we fought the RUC. This Is nothing to do with politics.

Nothing to do with "you" fighting the RUC back in the day and definitely nothing to do with politics is correct.
Man up. 
Going by the posts on here the ref played on therefore giving the perception that he noticed nothing deliberate or malicious. you're all quick to point the finger of blame here and call for heads, lets see what Carson's reaction is first before you all become judge,jury and executioner.

Is you brought up about the RUC and British judiciary. Aye you're right GAA Board can't be judge and jury - let the courts do that if some lad is seriously injured or worse.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: outside of the left on May 14, 2018, 11:36:15 AM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on May 14, 2018, 11:20:16 AM

Outside of the left you cant actually think this small curly haired p***k didn't mean what he did? in a court of law it would be GBH simple as that, remember one punch incident can be life threatening as we know in Omagh in the past 5 years. no place for it anywhere let alone a football match.

Lough were winning by 5 when it happened the lad must be a complete tr**p to do such a thing.

The player that struck has a long running history of this type of thuggery. Only way to stop him from doing it is to remove him from playing!!

So if Mark Carson receives a career ending injury, What you are saying is a 1 match ban is enough?? Punishment doesn't fit the crime imo!!![/b]

the injury cant affect the suspension, the exact same incident could happen again next week and the player on the receiving end could jump back up and there wouldnt be a word about it. Worst thing is it wasnt even the dirtiest hit in the game
Aye the Loughmacrory corner backs strike on the Greencastle man in the build up to the Loughmacrory goal was a dirty hit to.
Sludden seen it and decided to ignore it just like the incident with Carson.

Dire Ear

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on May 14, 2018, 12:14:19 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on May 14, 2018, 12:00:12 PM
Whats your name Heally?

Why? Whats your name Dire?
You're the one using player initials,  so are you going to use your own name to stand by it?

HealyHellRaiser

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 14, 2018, 12:29:40 PM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on May 14, 2018, 12:14:19 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on May 14, 2018, 12:00:12 PM
Whats your name Heally?

Why? Whats your name Dire?
You're the one using player initials,  so are you going to use your own name to stand by it?

LOL wise up ya clown. If the hit was as bad as people say his personal details should be plastered up. Sick of you hard men thinking you can do anything you want. If you want to play ball then play ball if you want a dusting match go to a ring and fight all you want!!!

Bendyerback

Quote from: longballin on May 14, 2018, 12:26:15 PM
Quote from: Bendyerback on May 14, 2018, 12:16:59 PM

They are part of the society we live in, does that mean every sentence with "RUC" or "British judiciary" in it is deemed political?

Man up. 

Is you brought up about the RUC and British judiciary. Aye you're right GAA Board can't be judge and jury - let the courts do that if some lad is seriously injured or worse.

Under Lights

Quote from: Tyrone95 on May 14, 2018, 12:06:39 PM
I was not at the game yesterday however there seems to be 2 different perspectives of the situation (as you would probably expect) i'm Sure the match was videod and shall be reviewed, but on a side note, recently wasn't there a player from UUJ received a 4 month prison sentence over something that happened on the pitch. I'm in no way drawing correlation to the 2 incidents but just stating that when your inside the 4 white lines it doesn't mean you are escaping the law...

This the Ruairi McGlone thing?

omagh_gael

I was nearly 100% that the injury occurred in play and wasn't a blind sided strike. I'm in no way protecting the player (as he 100% deserved a red) but the extent of the injury appears to be influencing opinion.

There was serious needle in the game from both sides with strikes happening off the ball.

The Golden Years

Just heard one of our players ended out in hospital after yesterdays game after receiving a dirty dig of the ball.  He is being kept in for a second night and had to receive 2 brain scans that thankfully both came back clear. The fella who done the damage was correctly sent of but will be back playing after only missing out in one game. Surely the time has to meet the crime and in this case and the one involving the young Carson lad it doesnt.

Tyrone95

Quote from: The Golden Years on May 14, 2018, 04:01:02 PM
Just heard one of our players ended out in hospital after yesterdays game after receiving a dirty dig of the ball.  He is being kept in for a second night and had to receive 2 brain scans that thankfully both came back clear. The fella who done the damage was correctly sent of but will be back playing after only missing out in one game. Surely the time has to meet the crime and in this case and the one involving the young Carson lad it doesnt.
The greencastle/lough incident has been subject to divided opinion, this one was nothing short of a disgrace as it was totally off the ball. Hopefully sanctions are made against a match video on this also!!

Club boi

Quote from: Tyrone95 on May 14, 2018, 04:45:52 PM
The greencastle/lough incident has been subject to divided opinion, this one was nothing short of a disgrace as it was totally off the ball. Hopefully sanctions are made against a match video on this also!!

So some people are saying it happened during the play and others off the ball?? Sludden gave a Red, does that mean he seen it?? He would have a reputation of "letting things go" when he doesnt want to get involved, all about him. Moortown v Cookstown clip comes to mind

Tyrone95

Quote from: Club boi on May 14, 2018, 04:58:06 PM

So some people are saying it happened during the play and others off the ball?? Sludden gave a Red, does that mean he seen it?? He would have a reputation of "letting things go" when he doesnt want to get involved, all about him. Moortown v Cookstown clip comes to mind
I was referring to the incident in the Carrickmore Donaghmore game being an off the ball punch club boi. Im not totally sure what happened in the Gcastle game!

Club boi

Quote from: Tyrone95 on May 14, 2018, 05:03:32 PM
Quote from: Club boi on May 14, 2018, 04:58:06 PM

I was referring to the incident in the Carrickmore Donaghmore game being an off the ball punch club boi. Im not totally sure what happened in the Gcastle game!

WOW, never heard of this. So 2 incidents in 1 weekend?? Any wonder people are giving up football in high numbers

Therealdonald

Quote from: Jeremiah O on May 13, 2018, 11:25:33 PM
Ardboe management doing a good job.Lost 5 or 6 players due to emigration and retirements But they've won 4 from 6 so far.
A lot of tough games to come though but I would say the aim for the next couple of years will be to retain division 1 status and bring some new talent through.

Have they lost 5 or 6 good men though or 5 or 6 duds? Seems like it was a full moon on Saturday night with all the incidents that happened. Don't agree with naming names. It might have been a bad tackle in the Gcastle match but I doubt that those involved wanted to put anyone in hospital.

redzone

If this is the same pg I mind then he most definitely knew what he was at. Little curly headed fella. Loughmacrory are a great club but players like this give them a bad name