Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: outside of the left on May 14, 2018, 10:57:13 AM
Was a feisty game to say the least in greencastle yesterday. Carson had the ball at the time of the incident and was a dirty hit but he got a red card and that should be the end of it. cant see how it warrants more than a 1 game suspension just because the injury sustained was more serious. why treat it differently than any other strike?

If it was my son it would be heading to a different court.

outside of the left

Quote from: longballin on May 14, 2018, 11:04:17 AM
Was a feisty game to say the least in greencastle yesterday. Carson had the ball at the time of the incident and was a dirty hit but he got a red card and that should be the end of it. cant see how it warrants more than a 1 game suspension just because the injury sustained was more serious. why treat it differently than any other strike?

The courts in tyrone would be kept very busy if every father was the same

HealyHellRaiser

Outside of the left you cant actually think this small curly haired p***k didn't mean what he did? in a court of law it would be GBH simple as that, remember one punch incident can be life threatening as we know in Omagh in the past 5 years. no place for it anywhere let alone a football match.

Lough were winning by 5 when it happened the lad must be a complete tr**p to do such a thing.

The player that struck has a long running history of this type of thuggery. Only way to stop him from doing it is to remove him from playing!!

So if Mark Carson receives a career ending injury, What you are saying is a 1 match ban is enough?? Punishment doesn't fit the crime imo!!![/b]

outside of the left

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on May 14, 2018, 11:20:16 AM

Outside of the left you cant actually think this small curly haired p***k didn't mean what he did? in a court of law it would be GBH simple as that, remember one punch incident can be life threatening as we know in Omagh in the past 5 years. no place for it anywhere let alone a football match.

Lough were winning by 5 when it happened the lad must be a complete tr**p to do such a thing.

The player that struck has a long running history of this type of thuggery. Only way to stop him from doing it is to remove him from playing!!

So if Mark Carson receives a career ending injury, What you are saying is a 1 match ban is enough?? Punishment doesn't fit the crime imo!!![/b]

the injury cant affect the suspension, the exact same incident could happen again next week and the player on the receiving end could jump back up and there wouldnt be a word about it. Worst thing is it wasnt even the dirtiest hit in the game

Taylor

Quote from: outside of the left on May 14, 2018, 11:36:15 AM

the injury cant affect the suspension, the exact same incident could happen again next week and the player on the receiving end could jump back up and there wouldnt be a word about it. Worst thing is it wasnt even the dirtiest hit in the game

Correct - the GAA rules can only ban him for a certain time.

A judge however wont be tied by GAA rules

Dire Ear

Under Lights

A recent incident involving a Trillick player cost the puncher £10K.

Probably will go down the same route in this instance, red card all the evidence required.

Bendyerback

Quote from: Onthe40 on May 14, 2018, 10:53:29 AM
some interesting results yest..
1st defeat for Omagh...big win for the Fianna..Edendork bubble seems to have burst..

Big big wins for Cookstown and Strabane..
Kildress-Derrytresk looked a tight one..the hill looked doomed now.

Kileeshil resurgence continuing...

Lets not forget that all games at the weekend were starred games. It was a much needed win for the blues yesterday in light of their manager walking last weekend. Edendork still very much a force to be reckoned with.
The league is very inconsistent this year though, possibly as a result of injuries etc..
Ardboe are probably the best team we've played to date, but then again we were down quite a few players, more or less the core of our team. trillick are the team to beat, If I was a betting man I'd throw a few pound on them for the championship.
Disappointed we didn't see out the win against killyclogher yesterday.

longballin

Quote from: outside of the left on May 14, 2018, 11:16:27 AM

The courts in tyrone would be kept very busy if every father was the same

Might stop people thinking once they go through the gates of a GAA ground the law doesn't apply to them. Do we need a death before people wise up?

HealyHellRaiser

Quote from: Under Lights on May 14, 2018, 11:44:22 AM

A recent incident involving a Trillick player cost the puncher £10K.

Probably will go down the same route in this instance, red card all the evidence required.

You cant go about boxing players week in week out!!! The referee can state in his report what he sent him off for, he can also sanction him for starting a melee, bringing the game into disrepute etc. A one match ban does not fit the crime, As I said previously PG is a thug who is at this on a regular basis. Every Loughmacrory supporter will agree! There's somethings you can try and back your club man up and this is not one of them! No1 can condone this type of behaviour

Bendyerback

Its all in a days football, that's the problem with society now. The Feeney effect is kicking in and its a running session to the RUC at every turn around. There was many a dirty slap over the years with jaws broken and eye sockets fractured and there wasn't a word about it, there was also many accidental injuries that occurred as well. Do we drag them all through the British judiciary.
I got plenty of hard knocks over the years and I gave as good as I got. If it wasn't for the GAA I'd never have broken a bone in my body.  The joys.

If you have a son, wrap him in cotton wool and keep him in the house.

Dire Ear

Tyrone95

I was not at the game yesterday however there seems to be 2 different perspectives of the situation (as you would probably expect) i'm Sure the match was videod and shall be reviewed, but on a side note, recently wasn't there a player from UUJ received a 4 month prison sentence over something that happened on the pitch. I'm in no way drawing correlation to the 2 incidents but just stating that when your inside the 4 white lines it doesn't mean you are escaping the law...

longballin

Quote from: Bendyerback on May 14, 2018, 11:56:43 AM

Its all in a days football, that's the problem with society now. The Feeney effect is kicking in and its a running session to the RUC at every turn around. There was many a dirty slap over the years with jaws broken and eye sockets fractured and there wasn't a word about it, there was also many accidental injuries that occurred as well. Do we drag them all through the British judiciary.
I got plenty of hard knocks over the years and I gave as good as I got. If it wasn't for the GAA I'd never have broken a bone in my body.  The joys.

If you have a son, wrap him in cotton wool and keep him in the house.

I have two sons well able to look after themselves and if some cowardly hure blindsided one of them and puts him in hospital Id treat it same as on the street whatever about your big hard man back in the day when we fought the RUC. This Is nothing to do with politics.

HealyHellRaiser