Scor

Started by Rav67, April 20, 2008, 03:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

Is Scor still popular in many parts of the country?

Our club used to participate in a lot of the competitions 10-15 years ago but it seems to have died out in the club and across Derry probably I think.  There used to be North Derry and South Derry heats when I first remember being at it and but within a few years there was no need for regional heats in the county.  Just saw an old photo there of myself in the Scor na nOg about 10 years ago so got me wondering.

diesel-smuggler

the all-ireland final of scor sinsear takes place next weekend in killarney with a man from lavey representing derry and ulster in the recitation, his daughter won the solo singing in scor na nOg this year would be a remarkable family achievment if he was to win also.

in the past three years ceili dancing, ballad group, set dancing, instrumental music and the quiz competitions have been won by clubs from different counties throughout ulster.

our own club - carrickcruppen in co. armagh is contesting in its 15th all-ireland final in 17 years

seabee

very popular here in roscommon. the number of entrants is getting bigger every year.